Breaking workplace rules

Two people at my delivery depot got fired last year for shagging in one of the vans in the yard. Dunno why they didn't just wait till they got home, given they were already a couple. The vans are covered in cctv, as is the yard, lord knows how they thought they'd get away with it.

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Previous employer eventually upgraded their e-mail and Instant Message services, which allowed users to upload a profile picture, which displayed on all messages sent, in live conversations etc.

I had a jaunty wee avatar pic a la P&B for a wee while, but was then informed of the previously unadvised rule that the picture on my profile had to be of me.

I amended it to a picture of me aged approx 6 months, only to have the same middle manager arrive at my desk a couple of weeks later to advise that that wasn't acceptable either 🤷‍♂️

I just went without a picture from then on, seemed easier.

I had that at my last work. I signed up for their web portal and noticed there was a place to upload a profile picture, so I took a quick snap on my webcam. Within a week, my (slightly embarrassed) boss turned up to let me know that one of the company directors had noticed my picture and demanded that it be changed forthwith as I looked too happy.

I should've just quit right then, shouldn't I?

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Two people at my delivery depot got fired last year for shagging in one of the vans in the yard. Dunno why they didn't just wait till they got home, given they were already a couple. The vans are covered in cctv, as is the yard, lord knows how they thought they'd get away with it.

Boss: "Myself and the HR manager have, after repeated viewing of the CCTV evidence, decided..."

6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

That’s pretty shit tbh, it’s not hurting anyone, shame on the grass

I think part of the issue as it was not her business and she had no idea what packages were getting delivered etc.  I think they were out to get her on a few things and this was the one they used.

She was rumoured (which was true)to have a bit of a sideline of using the office role to rent out properties on behalf of a friend but they could not quite prove it.

About 6 months after she left I was informed by another colleague  that a she was also told they could bring charges of sexual harassment.  Apparently  they found a text message on her work phone sent yo me saying "If you fob me in this morning I will show you my tits".

I waa never asked about it and had no clear recollection of it, but certainly something  she could easily have done as we bantered all the time and sometime it could be inappropriate...but it was just between us and never in front of others.  No way would I have seen it as sexual harassment.

I joked with the person that informed me that if I had been sexually harassed I would at least like to know about it.

And for the record, I probably did fob her in, but no she never.

1 hour ago, Sugar_Army said:

I think part of the issue as it was not her business and she had no idea what packages were getting delivered etc.  I think they were out to get her on a few things and this was the one they used.

She was rumoured (which was true)to have a bit of a sideline of using the office role to rent out properties on behalf of a friend but they could not quite prove it.

About 6 months after she left I was informed by another colleague  that a she was also told they could bring charges of sexual harassment.  Apparently  they found a text message on her work phone sent yo me saying "If you fob me in this morning I will show you my tits".

I waa never asked about it and had no clear recollection of it, but certainly something  she could easily have done as we bantered all the time and sometime it could be inappropriate...but it was just between us and never in front of others.  No way would I have seen it as sexual harassment.

I joked with the person that informed me that if I had been sexually harassed I would at least like to know about it.

And for the record, I probably did fob her in, but no she never.

Had a coworker ask the Regional HR Rep if he could be sexually aroused and sexually harassed at the same time. The HR Rep turned red and promised to find out, and got back to him a few days later saying he could. That guy is now a deputy head of security for a major U.S. agency.

20 hours ago, Michael W said:

What was he planning on doing with all those turkeys - selling them? Putting them in a gigantic chest freezer at home and having turkey every day for the next four months? 

One of my tasks in a previous company was to hand out turkeys to employees at Christmas time.  We had 3-shift operation so there were a fair few employees who I didn't know from Adam.  The 1st year we did it we ordered enough for each employee but no extras.  We ran out and by a fair few as well so it was obvious that I had given turkeys to folk who were not actually employees.  

I can imagine the scene outside the factory as folk were telling others that there was a boy inside giving out free turkeys to all and sundry. 

Edited by hk blues

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Have to admit that I'm a fan of work dress, if just for that moment when you unbutton the shirt and think "ahhhh, that's the work day finished".

Helps fully separate work and play for me anyway.

Greenied. Though, I'm currently sitting in my office at home in just shorts sweating my bollocks off. Me leaving this fucking sweat box and opening a cold one will be my separation of work and play.  

19 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Not strictly workplace but as a secondary teacher I've noticed that.......

A lot of kids have clicked the past few years that if you don't fancy school uniform then there's actually bugger all that the school can do about it. Whole thing's goodwill and, if push came to shove, then you could wear a onesie every day if you really wanted to.

I was in my shorts today.... the unofficial staff uniform of dark suit trousers + shirt & tie is not happening this week.

Hiya Jack, Hiya Pal

image.jpeg.5e9a346f286968a8f05f45e1216bd261.jpeg

No such thing as uniform or dress code at my current school. therapists will have a word if a student is clearly "inappropriately" dressed, otherwise it's no biggie.

We can, within reason, wear whatever. At this time of year it's often shorts and tee shirts for me.

ETA: In the worst of my alcoholism I had been known to sneak a drink or two during the work day. eventually cost me a job but my then employers were very understanding and did help as much as they could.

Edited by Raidernation

On 13/06/2023 at 11:12, Jives Miguel said:

Used to work in a pub kitchen in my youth, and would stuff my face with chips and shite all day long. Used to love putting lots of random shite in the fryer too, pieces of jalepeno and cheese covered in flour and batter etc. All leftover food offered to the barstaff as well at the end of shift. Any "out of date" stuff that was getting thrown would be taken home too.

Used to be a KP and just about every time I had to get something from the store cupboard for a chef I'd shove a wee treat in my gob. Handful of marshmallows here, crackers there, bit of cheese, even a brownie from the fridge which I'd have to chew and swallow before I handed requested item to the chef. Was some buzz.

Would also take at least one chip from any plate I saw unattended, whether it was about to go out or had just come back. Not because I was hungry but just for a wee laugh. And laugh I would.

21 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

spraying some WD40 or something like that on the back of people's overalls and setting light to them. Whatever if it was burned quickly without setting light to whatever it was on. I don't think there were actually  written rules against any of this 🤔

Nah, just laws mate.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

No such thing as uniform or dress code at my current school. therapists will have a word if a student is clearly "inappropriately" dressed, otherwise it's no biggie.

An email went out to parents from our school today stating that, "in light of the warm weather" students could wear shorts ("ideally tailored") but shirt and tie should continue to be worn.

God forbid the ties coming off.....

(Should add that this is your run-of-the-mill public sector secondary)

Edited by Buttocks Brown

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

No such thing as uniform or dress code at my current school. therapists will have a word if a student is clearly "inappropriately" dressed

I initially thought "what sort of school is this?!", but then realised that it never said 'the rapists' following a re-read.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Had a coworker ask the Regional HR Rep if he could be sexually aroused and sexually harassed at the same time. The HR Rep turned red and promised to find out, and got back to him a few days later saying he could. That guy is now a deputy head of security for a major U.S. agency.

That is a scary thought.  Why even ask that?

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

An email went out to parents from our school today stating that, "in light of the warm weather" students could wear shorts ("ideally tailored") but shirt and tie should continue to be worn.

God forbid the ties coming off.....

(Should add that this is your run-of-the-mill public sector secondary)

Shorts with shirt and tie?

They auditioning for AC/DC ?