League 1 23/24 Final table predictions

Too early ?? Maybe but new seasons just round the corner believe it or not , squads are changing daily with incomings and outgoings but I'm bored so started this 😂

Cove Rangers

Falkirk

Hamilton 

Qos

Alloa

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Kelty Hearts 

Annan 

Edinburgh 

toss up for bottom three imo just hope it's no us in bottom 2 

17 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Falkirk

Cove Rangers

Qos

Hamilton

Alloa

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Kelty Hearts 

Annan 

Edinburgh

Similar from me Kelheart but can't see past Falkirk with the signings they have made. Lots of squad changes still to come, especially for us 😆

Edited by leomessi1984

7 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Similar from me Kelheart but can't see past Falkirk with the signings they have made. Lots of squad changes still to come, especially for us 😆

It's not all down to signings, it whether Falkirk can refrain from coaching the talent from them, like they've managed the past few seasons.

On 17/06/2023 at 10:43, QoS99 said:

Falkirk

Hamilton

Queens

Alloa

Cove

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Annan

Kelty

Edinburgh City 

I'm liking the look of our defence and midfield so far, but on paper we have precious few goals in the forward line ... so holding fire on my prediction until our squad signings are complete.

QoS

Falkirk

Hamilton 

Alloa 

Cove 

Montrose

Kelty

Edinburgh

Stirling

Annan

No real rhyme or reason to it, any of the top five could make the playoffs, I just don't see McGlynn winning us the league. I think Stirling and Annan could both go straight back down.  QoS under Bartley will be a different animal this season and Hamilton I don't think will be far away. Cove could be anything but I don't see them winning it. Rice will hope to get Alloa into the playoffs again. You could say the league this season would be weaker without Airdrie and Dunfermline but equally I think there will be three or four at the top with very little between them. We should be stronger but any advantage we might have had will be lost with McGlynn's tactics and formations.

On 22/06/2023 at 19:50, Bigbrbairn said:

Come on lads we are being made favourites too often  We don't like being favourites due to our recent disasters!

If Falkirk can't win the league this year with the, frankly less than impressive list of contenders they will end up stuck in this league for infinity like the English guy who had the B&B in the Finport episode of Still Game. 

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

If Falkirk can't win the league this year with the, frankly less than impressive list of contenders ...

A scenario that will of course be very familiar to supporters of the two OF clubs tbf ... but with a massively reduced budgetary imbalance in this particular case.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is silly.  It's far, far too early to be making predictions on this.

Agreed. Much too early to predict this!

So here are my early predictions for now, to contribute to this thread.

1)  QOS

2) Hamilton

3) Falkirk

4) Cove Rangers

-------------------

5) Alloa

6) Montrose

7) Stirling Albion

8)Kelty Hearts

9) Annan

10) Edinburgh City

For me it's between Queens and Hamilton to win the title.

Hamilton making decent signings, but Queens improved massively once Marvin Bartley arrived last season.

At the bottom we, (Edinburgh City) must be odds on favourites to go down with the squad we have left, AT THE MOMENT!

Hopefully we replace Robbo and Craigen with better, or it's going to be a long season!

The promoted teams usually have momentum to do well, so Stirling and Annan should do OK.

Falkirk

Hamilton

Queens

Alloa

Cove

Montrose

Stirling

Kelty

Edinburgh 

Annan

Probably bias but I think we have improved our squad a lot with a decent number of new signings expected. Been impressed with Hamilton's signings, Kilday, Henderson, Longridge.

Think Queen's are being slightly overrated by the vast majority, if I was them, signing the likes of McGuffie and losing Paton wouldn't fill me with confidence.

Reckon Alloa will sneak in over Cove who I think may struggle to adapt to full time.

I also think Kelty and Edinburgh have really weakened since last season, both losing a number of key players.

I think Falkirk win it handily, the signings of Lang and Spencer are great ones for this level, there’s absolutely no doubting that the quality of the squad is more than good enough to win the league, with the only possible question mark being over McGlynn’s management. But if you’re questioning that, what other combination of manager & squad combination in the league is better? Hamilton have the second strongest squad but Rankin hasn’t done much to suggest he’ll lead them to glory. Hartley has had really good seasons in the past, but the squad just isn’t capable this year. I don’t think Falkirk crumble unless they get put under pressure, and I think they’ll be so far ahead that McGlynn’s nervous tendances won’t be an issue.

Falkirk to win, with Hamilton and Cove making up 2&3.

For the last playoff spot I think we’ll see it as being Alloa, the QoTS signings have been rancid IMO, and without Paton I think they’ll struggle to reach the playoffs.

For the drop I reckon Kelty are going down in tenth, but the relegation playoff spot is up for grabs, not at all sure on the quality of Stirling and Annan so it could be them, however my thinking is Edinburgh. After a strong start last year they tailed off, and they seem to have lost some of there investment. I reckon Maybury will leave before things go awful to save his reputation.

Falkirk

Hamilton

Cove

Alloa

Montrose

QoTS

Stirling

Annan

Edinburgh

Kelty