Darren

Plundering Wikipedia, there's a Darren Daye who was born in 1960 and was an American basketball player, and an actor born in 1922 who used the stage name Darren McGavin - he started to hit the big time circa the late 1950s, early 1960s, coinciding roughly with the rise of the name, so maybe he was the guy who popularized it.

Names like Darren don't inspire confidence to the same degree as more old fashioned names. I don't mind the car mechanic being called Darren, but not my heart surgeon.

It's the same as having tattoos. It's fine if you're some blue collar labourer, but I wouldn't want a psychologist or lawyer with them.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Names like Darren don't inspire confidence to the same degree as more old fashioned names. I don't mind the car mechanic being called Darren, but not my heart surgeon.

It's the same as having tattoos. It's fine if you're some blue collar labourer, but I wouldn't want a psychologist or lawyer with them.

I'd be ok with a plumber but a bit wary about a gas fitter called Darren.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I hope I'm dead before the first heart surgeon called "Kayden" appears...

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Am I the oldest Darren on Pie and Bovril?

December 12 1976 I graced the world with my presence. 

I want to cut off McGhee's limbs and count the rings, His claim of being born after 1963 cannot go unchallenged.