League 1 new strips. 23/24

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Why launch it in what looks like an industrial warehouse? 

It's the warehouse where the Lost Ark is stored 

Behind are the crates where Rod Petrie's wallet and the deeds to the name Edinburgh City Football Club are stored 

46 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

They're sponsored by MKM timber supplies

MKM sponsor a lot of clubs in one way or another, pitch side advertising, back of shirts, etc, but you would have thought they could have at least had some indication in the photo that it was in an MKM depot. Nice gear though. 

17 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

We launched our new Away kit tonight……I’ll certainly buy it

IMG_4678.jpeg

Sorry mate, but it looks to me like somebody has been watching too many superhero movies with an evil alter ego plot and costume.  Hey let's create an evil alter ego Binos strip, it'll be so cool.   NOT!

8 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Here's a better look at our new kits.

357488877_743156297819955_3014592803429823743_n.jpg

Not keen on the home one but I like that away one. 

What's the deal with the two different sponsors? Is that something Montrose do every year? 

1 hour ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Here's a better look at our new kits.

357488877_743156297819955_3014592803429823743_n.jpg

Take a good look Montrose fans, it'll be one of the very few times you'll see Ryan Williamson actually wearing the strip. Expect to see him on the treatment table instead.   

On 08/07/2023 at 13:39, 19QOS19 said:

What's the deal with the two different sponsors? Is that something Montrose do every year? 

Its near as damn it exactly the same design in different colours.

Having different home and away sponsors has been an option since SPFL began I think. A few clubs do it. We havent up to this year but home and away will have different, linked, sleeve sponsors this season.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 08/07/2023 at 13:39, 19QOS19 said:

It’s not something I can remember us doing off the top of my head before, if it’s allowed us to bring in a bit of extra cash I’m all for it.

On 08/07/2023 at 15:29, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Take a good look Montrose fans, it'll be one of the very few times you'll see Ryan Williamson actually wearing the strip. Expect to see him on the treatment table instead.   

Another 90 minutes yesterday for the fella, not that I’ve been all that impressed with him.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Beckford said:

Late to the party but not as late as most seasons. Mixed feedback on line so far. Im reserving assessment until i see it tomorrow. Not a fan of sticker badges.image.thumb.png.c6a2b2598e77b0c228b5be2acd57480d.png

Will it look different then than it does now? 

11 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Lol, sometimes tops look better in the flesh so to speak😆 been a tough week man, need to get some sleep.

The badge looks smaller than the manufacturers logo. Other than that the home one isn’t that bad. 

7 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Worst Accies strip I have ever seen and the quality looks as bad as when  we used to use TFG(Total F.....Garbage).

An own goal from three yards out and very mixed reactions,so won't sell well.

Not sure how you can get a simple hooped top wrong but it does seem to be recieving some real flack on line.

Hope the quality is better than it looks in the pic posted as i am really glad we have full hoops after so many years. (I like broad hoops too). However, consultation with the fans prior to selecting design could have really helped. A design based on recent kits with full hoops would have been a simple soloution but the bairn tells me a lot of brand templates have these back panels which i am not a fan of.

An independent manufacturer is a great idea in theory and could mean more affordable merchandise (I doubt it but 🤞) It could also mean a wider range of merch which we badly need IMO.

At least the club are trying to react to feedback from the fans (but in typical accies fashion) Thats got to be a positive start compared to what we have been used to?

The away strip looks minging to me but that may be because im auld and its not aimed at me. Im still in the "all football boots should be black" camp but know that mental day glow colours and paint spill designs are the norm now.

For me its a bit like the new season book through the fanbase app. Its not perfect but i will buy these kits for the bairns as the club are making an effort so i will back them.

Keep up the good work Accies, but further improvements needed. Hopefully the launch today and the gala day on Sunday will be another positive step

Edited by Beckford

Just been told the home tops do have an embroidered badge and it looks decent. Loads of stock in shop too apparentley which is great.

The leisure wear does have sticker badges though. HeDing down early to get the bairns tops today.

25 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Just been told the home tops do have an embroidered badge and it looks decent. Loads of stock in shop too apparentley which is great.

The leisure wear does have sticker badges though. HeDing down early to get the bairns tops today.

That's awfully decent of you, thanks very much.