SFA South Region Challenge Cup 2023-2024

Guest MickGarvey
Just now, Kennie said:

It may seem harsh, but experiencing things for yourself brings upon ...

If I were you and in the role that you have, or a member club of the WoSFL I would be very concerned with that apparent admission. Remember you serve the clubs, the clubs do not serve you.

How can the fixtures man arrange fixtures or furnish those clubs under his realm with relevant information, if the SRCC officials do not pass on anything on?

Guest MickGarvey
4 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Interesting, thanks for that information.

So why the fanfare on twitter for the SJC with draw numbers for teams but not the SRCC since we have established that you are furnished with the correct information?

Edited by MickGarvey

Just now, bobbydazzler said:

some people need to get out the house a bit more

Matron will be round shortly to take Mick's laptop away to recharge it.

She will leave him with some crayons though, if he promises not to chew them.

Guest MickGarvey
4 minutes ago, Kennie said:

As an office bearer of an organisation which serves multiple clubs who serve various elements of the community, I would think twice about making assertions towards peoples intelligence.

I think we all know the derogatory connotations surrounding eating crayons.

Thanks again for highlighting that not only are you incapable of providing a response to a valid argument, but why many have little confidence in you.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

To bring it on to a kind of relevant topic. None of the promotional vids for the SJC draw seems to have a sponsor.

Does that mean the two biggest non-league cups are once again starting the season without sponsorship?

That is the case at present. Both organisations are working on a solution to that.

It will be intimated to all when anything is forthcoming from either.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Because the SJC is better?

Right you we are trying to stop this needless point scoring between the SJC and SRCC. We are to support them both equally. 

Don't make me come on here again and chastise you old fella. 😊😊😊😊

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

the new Indiana Jones is quite good. Anyone else seen it yet?

So it's no just me that thinks this conversation has run its course.

It has strayed so far off topic and that's rich coming from me.

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

Thats quite a poor reply to the guy, he doesnt seem to be abusive to you, you could just stop replying to him if you feel you’ve made your point surely? 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats quite a poor reply to the guy, he doesnt seem to be abusive to you, you could just stop replying to him if you feel you’ve made your point surely? 

Did you expect a different response? 

There's past form of not taking ANY criticism well and jumping down anyone's throat who dares question things... 

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did you expect a different response? 

There's past form of not taking ANY criticism well and jumping down anyone's throat who dares question things... 

I dont know the guy or his past and I dont have any gripe with him myself. I do feel like the wosfl seems to promote junior cup stuff over their own cups etc, i think it was the year before we were treated to some kind of live tweet affair at the junior cup final whilst their own league cup that weekend got next to no coverage. But i dont think Kennie takes to do with the twitter, someone else does and they arent the best at engagement either, but it isnt for Kennie to answer to that imo.

But my own personal thoughts are that my views are in the minority (except Mick haha) so why get worked up so much about it. Basically what we got with the formation of the wosfl was the juniors by another name and if that suits the majority then fine, no point getting upset. I think there are significantly better things people can be putting their energy into and better ways for people to speak to their stakeholders. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

3 hours ago, Kennie said:

I usually stick up for you kennie on here and you make loads of good points but for a guy in your position this is utter dross to reply to the guy like that.  

Actually offering you a compliment in saying you're far better than this surely? 

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I usually stick up for you kennie on here and you make loads of good points but for a guy in your position this is utter dross to reply to the guy like that.  

Actually offering you a compliment in saying you're far better than this surely? 

He does not handle criticism well. A few melt downs on here over the years and lots of “threats” to keep off the forum but he keeps returning. 

Guest MickGarvey
14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But my own personal thoughts are that my views are in the minority (except Mick haha) so why get worked up so much about it. Basically what we got with the formation of the wosfl was the juniors by another name and if that suits the majority then fine, no point getting upset. I think there are significantly better things people can be putting their energy into and better ways for people to speak to their stakeholders. 

It seems over the course of the two threads I've readily participated in within the WoSFL, whenever you ask a genuine question, its not that they can't answer you, its just they know deep down that you have a valid argument and will gaslight you because the truth is uncomfortable sometimes.

For the avoidance of doubt on whether or not I'm getting worked up (I know that might not necessarily be aimed at me ICR), I'm laughing my fucking head off at how abstruse posters are to recognise another point of view.

Edited by MickGarvey

The members of the WoSFL Management Committee are under no obligation to answer any questions on P&B whatsever. The vast majority of them don't, however two or three of us like to come on here regularly and to read what is being said, and in return we post what we feel is helpful information. Usually that leads to some posters pushing the boundaries and asking further questions, some of which can be answered on here and others which cannot due to the confidentialities of committees which exists at both club and league administration levels.

A member club of the WoSFL raised a proposal at the recent AGM that members of the WoSFL Management Committee should not be posting on social media forums and instead should communicate only with the correct contacts at the member clubs. The proposal was not passed.

I will continue to answer questions and to correct mis-information that is posted on here where I feel it is appropriate and where the information I am giving is already in the clubs' domain and is not breaking any confidentialities. I will also continue to not answer questions when I feel that is appropriate as well. If a direct question is asked of me and no answer is provided, please respect that I am unable to answer that question at that time.

Guest MickGarvey
16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I will continue to answer questions and to correct mis-information that is posted on here where I feel it is appropriate and where the information I am giving is already in the clubs' domain and is not breaking any confidentialities. I will also continue to not answer questions when I feel that is appropriate as well. If a direct question is asked of me and no answer is provided, please respect that I am unable to answer that question at that time.

I don't think asking the question why the Official West of Scotland twitter handle actively promotes the SJC which does not serve all its members but does not treat the SRCC which does serve all its members with the same promotion should be frowned upon. If I was involved at a club who did not compete in the SJC I would be asking questions as to why we are jumping through hoops for a competition which does not serve all of its members.

I recognise that the person who runs the account is most likely to be a volunteer, but if you can do it for one competition, you can do it for another. If not, you just solely focus on League matters to avoid any ambiguity.

I don't buy this "we arent provided the information" nonsense. The information must've been circulated somewhere as clubs individually could post "we are number XX in today's draw" with pictures to support. I assume Hibs will need to wait until after the UEFA Conferences League qualification draw to find out the relevant information by the logic displayed previously? Posting the draw on the website afterwards is an afterthought. Especially when we have a video promoting the big countdown to the SJC draw. To avoid any doubt, no one is asking for a video for each individual draw. Maybe just a little bit more promotion.

It isn't a good look.

Edited by MickGarvey