#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

Manchester United being absolute dug shit and still fucking over the scousers in two different competitions is very, very funny.

The “Jurgen Klopp no cup farewell tour” still alive and well. Lovely

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Manchester United being absolute dug shit and still fucking over the scousers in two different competitions is very, very funny.

While I agree with this, it also give hope to Arsenal fans, who might be the most insufferable of the lot.  Certainly their media fans.  

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

While I agree with this, it also give hope to Arsenal fans, who might be the most insufferable of the lot.  Certainly their media fans.  

Aye I really want Man City to win it as I've got glory hunting Liverpool and Arsenal "fans" at work. No Man City fans yet but give it a few years.

Just watching the highlights of that. Peter Drury with "dancing in the faces of the enemy" should have him permanently removed from the commentary booth. Simply awful.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I said as much the other week and was rebuted with "He's already won the Carabao!".

The god damn Carabao. My fucking days.

5 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Aye I really want Man City to win it as I've got glory hunting Liverpool and Arsenal "fans" at work. No Man City fans yet but give it a few years.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how anyone can want Man City to win anything. I hope Arsenal/Liverpool win the league, Real Madrid pap them out in Europe and they lose the FA Cup Final. Glory hunting fans at work is a small price to pay IMO.

7 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Guess it’s a good thing he’s already added another cup to his already complete collection.  

How Liverpool almost managed to contrive to lose that today almost defies belief. 

We all know what happened in the FA Cup but it’s been a bit of a familiar tale in the bigger games this season. Certainly Man United home and away, Arsenal home and Man City home should have all have beaten. 

Jota, Alexander Arnold and Alisson coming back are going to be crucial particularly looking ahead to 3 away games - Fulham / Everton / West Ham - in either 6 or 7 days.  

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm sorry but I fail to see how anyone can want Man City to win anything. I hope Arsenal/Liverpool win the league, Real Madrid pap them out in Europe and they lose the FA Cup Final. Glory hunting fans at work is a small price to pay IMO.

I’m the same - after seeing any team win the league time after time I always want to see a change. I remember the utter horror show of watching Dortmund throw away the league on final day last season so I’m delighted Leverkusen are going to win it this year. 

I still think City will win it this year but would love a change.

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Exactly this. 

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Obviously there are plenty of Man City Fans who were there in the old days and can remember inflatable bananas and finishing behind Walsall in the second division. It's difficult to begrudge those people the good times they've enjoyed in recent years

But nonetheless it's about time they move aside and let someone else have a go

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously there are plenty of Man City Fans who were there in the old days and can remember inflatable bananas and finishing behind Walsall in the second division. It's difficult to begrudge those people the good times they've enjoyed in recent years

But nonetheless it's about time they move aside and let someone else have a go

I am obviously hoping that Liverpool can win the title, which in itself will probably annoy a good few.  However, these are very good points re the City fanbase.  I generally view them as sound and very loyal during the darker days. 

Man City have the best fixtures except Spurs away which is always tough for them. Don’t think Arsenal will beat Man Utd at old Trafford. 

I can’t see anyone getting full points from their remaining games which we have seen in previous years so it’s quite exciting.

IMG_9742.png

Part of me wants to see city win everything they can until things become farcical and the governing bodies have to act to make football more equitable, but even with their financial budget it's almost impossible to see them doing it for much longer and also that bit about more equitable is fantasy land stuff 

Edited by Fuctifano

The addition of dockings to the league this season has been a masterstroke, but it's absolutely baffling that it's not televised. Ideally dockings would be announced on the big screens during a game involving said team after a 20 second air raid siren.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Man City have the best fixtures except Spurs away which is always tough for them. Don’t think Arsenal will beat Man Utd at old Trafford. 

I can’t see anyone getting full points from their remaining games which we have seen in previous years so it’s quite exciting.

IMG_9742.png

Arsenal’s (short) trip to Spurs looks their most difficult. 

Liverpools cause would maybe be helped by a bruising 2 legged Champions League semi between the other 2.