#Barclays 23/24

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He's signed. It's done.

Romano has Let's Go'd it. Green light.

Welcome to Emirates, Deco.

@DrewDon may regret his decisions to allow a peasant a seat this season!

Drew absolutely bleeds the black and white of the Toon Army m8. 

I'm sure they mentioned on the podcast that they have a WhatsApp group with David Moyes, and possibly a couple of other managers. I would give my right arm to know what the chat is. I bet Moyesie absolutely loves cleavage memes. You can just tell.

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Man city were never that bothered about Rice, a player they don't even need who probably wouldn't start in their current side.

Which is why it makes no sense. Arsenal knew Man City didn't want Rice, West Ham knew Man City didn't want Rice, Declan Rice knew Man City didn't want him. It would have been funnier if Arsenal had said "nope, we can't pay that much, Man City are welcome to him" but they were always going to pay close to what West Ham were asking anyway.

I agree, I just don't agree with Aluko that Guardiola (or man city generally) did it to benefit Arteta in pushing the Arsenal board to increase their offer.

Man city don't give a f**k about Arteta, anything they did they did to hurt Arsenal.

And they have a decent track record of doing similar.

Haven't seen anyone mention the really obviously nonsense pursuit Man City did of Ronaldo. 

There's no way they wanted him. They would never ever have taken him into their squad, yet it had Man United on strings. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Haven't seen anyone mention the really obviously nonsense pursuit Man City did of Ronaldo. 

There's no way they wanted him. They would never ever have taken him into their squad, yet it had Man United on strings. 

I actually think Ronaldo COULD have suited City really well as a proven goalscorer to chuck on when you're chasing a goal against a team playing deep, but there's pretty much no chance he would've accepted playing that role so he'd have taken the huff and gone crying to Piers Morgan all the same. 

There was nothing that absurd about what Aluko said tbh.  She's actually half right, I agree with the above takes that Man City never wanted him. Just Yer Da types punching down on a familiar punching bag.

Her response to Kenny was cringeworthy. Even then she's half right anawl, Kenny is an utter non-entity of a bloke looking for clout off of gammon twitter.

Edited by Jives Miguel

5 minutes ago, Herc said:

Man Utd get Mount over the line. Does he improve them to any great deal ? Not sure myself.

Yeah, he's not the right player for me. The only time they have really signed well recently seems to be Casemiro. Emptying most of the kitty on Mount when they desperately need a top tier striker is pretty baffling. ETH sort of seems like a man with a long term plan so maybe he plans to change the system a bit and sees things in Mount analytically speaking that fit, but for me he's a player whose work is massively hyped up as a young English guy. 

It seems like McTominay and Fred will be moving on and Eriksen looked done to me at the end of the season, so someone to play in beside Casemiro also would have been higher priority for me than Mount. He's not going to do the dirty work, or orchestrate games from deep. 

I don’t think Mount’s a good signing at all tbh. There’s a load of deadwood at Man United that they need to get rid of. Maguire should be one of those out the door - could see him doing well in a league of lesser quality like Serie A alongside other average English defenders such as Smalling & Tomori.

This is completely off-topic, but read the following in The Athletic and wanted to share:

"Paul Tisdale found himself in that situation when he was interviewed by Exeter City in 2006, prior to becoming the manager for the next 12 years. Steve Perryman, Exeter’s director of football, asked Tisdale a question that he has never forgotten.

“Steve said, ‘Paul, we’ve got a trust-owned club, we want to develop our own players, we’d just like to know if you’re a win-at-all-costs manager?’”

Tisdale, who is looking to return to management and spoke to Celtic recently, smiles"

Someone called "Paul Tisdale" there - former manager of illustrious sides Team Bath, Exeter, MK Dons, Bristol Rovers and Stevenage -genuinely submitting a serious application for the Celtic job. My word. The delusion that folks down south have about the game up here is something else.

6 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

There was nothing that absurd about what Aluko said tbh.  She's actually half right, I agree with the above takes that Man City never wanted him. Just Yer Da types punching down on a familiar punching bag.

Her response to Kenny was cringeworthy. Even then she's half right anawl, Kenny is an utter non-entity of a bloke looking for clout off of gammon twitter.

She's not half right at all.