#Barclays 23/24

Think Luton could shock a few, there will be a "no pressure, lads" mentality for them throughout the season and they'll probably be there to have a laugh. Still tipping them to go down.

Everton look like FFP will sink them unless the Saudis buy someone for comical amounts of money. They have a decent squad, but quite desperately need a decent Striker to sub for the injury-prone DCL, and a centre-back. Unfortunately I see Everton going down.

Not a clue who else goes down, I think Sheffield Utd and Burnley will be there but they could say up with the right selection of signings.

On the flipside, I think Man City will probably have fierce competition from Arsenal, again, with Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and Newcastle all battling for those other places. I think Brighton, Villa and Chelsea will be the ones floating around 7th-9th.

West Ham to go out of the UEL at the Group Stage, at the cost of literally every hope of a decent finish.

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Gone at 'pundit at the highest level'. Footballers really will 'at the highest level' just about anything. 

That’s “pundit at the highest level (MBE)” to you and I.

I say we scrap ex-player pundits and instead bring fans in.

The ex-players are (as proven) generally quite arrogant about their role as a pundit. Some are decent (Shearer, Richards, etc) but others talk a load of pish and get a wee bit ragin if you even dislike them.

Imagine allowing yourself to get so riled by Paddy fucking Kenny that after a couple of hours of you having made an arse of yourself (yet again) that you go in on him for seconds:

Screenshot_20230704_193951_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine allowing yourself to get so riled by Paddy fucking Kenny that after a couple of hours of you having made an arse of yourself (yet again) that you go in on him for seconds:

Screenshot_20230704_193951_Twitter.jpg

Spoken like a true Tory.

Also nothing says "not bothered" like a crying face emoji.

4 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Not a clue who else goes down, I think Sheffield Utd and Burnley will be there but they could say up with the right selection of signings.

I completely forgot that Sheffield United got promoted. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The midfield badly needed gutted out tbh. Whole team suffering because of it. If Liverpool sign well in that area they will be a force again. And they have so far tbh with Mac Allister and Szoboszlai

Fully expect a more defensive midfield option (Lavia currently looking most likely) to follow. Would think another centre back coming in too with either Gomez or Matip moving on but wouldn’t know with Jurgen. 

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I mean, it didn't play out how she said at all.

Are we really supposed to think Pep went to the bother of having a fake bid made to West Ham to jog Arsenals board on? 

I don’t disagree with her that City’s interest in Rice was lukewarm at best but I don’t think Arteta was the one encouraging Pep to bid. If anything I think the West Ham side requested the shill bid to force Arsenal to increase their offer and City were happy to comply given that paying an extra £15m to get their man hurts their main rival.

Ornstein reporting an agreement has finally been reached. 

47 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I don’t disagree with her that City’s interest in Rice was lukewarm at best but I don’t think Arteta was the one encouraging Pep to bid. If anything I think the West Ham side requested the shill bid to force Arsenal to increase their offer and City were happy to comply given that paying an extra £15m to get their man hurts their main rival.

I would imagine that's closer to the truth, but still not what she's suggested.

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I mean, it didn't play out how she said at all.

Are we really supposed to think Pep went to the bother of having a fake bid made to West Ham to jog Arsenals board on? 

She's wrong on that point, but Man City have a long history of tepid interest in players that suits their agenda in various ways. 

I remember them 'wanting' to sign total duds like Sanchez and Maguire which had a, I'm sure totally coincidental, negative impact on their rivals who had to put in higher bids.

Man city were never that bothered about Rice, a player they don't even need who probably wouldn't start in their current side.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

He's signed. It's done.

Romano has Let's Go'd it. Green light.

Welcome to Emirates, Deco.

@DrewDon may regret his decisions to allow a peasant a seat this season!