#Barclays 23/24

6 hours ago, Smurph said:

Just watched the full interview (here). There's a lot to resonate with and some really good quotes. So fucking sad and fair play to him for coming out and speaking, that couldn't have been an easy thing to do. Reminds me a bit of Adam Strachan who clearly had so much going on. 

If anyone ever needs a chat then my PMs are open. There's a Depression Thread in GN which is incredible and there are so many people on the forum able to give support if needed. Take care of yourselves.

Indeed.  It’s a genuinely heartbreaking story.  Dele Alli is now someone I’ll be actively rooting for.  

On a slight tangent, if the Sun runs with Brave Alli Opens His Heart or anything along those lines, I think the hypocrisy thermometer might break. 

Aye the Dele story is awful. People with that level and type of childhood trauma tend to end up in jail or as suicide stats. The fact that he's managed at all to carve out a career in football (never mind being a roaring success) is testament to a great character. I think most people have no idea how it feels to have been abandoned or neglected as a bairn, and especially the effect this has on your life as an adult. It affects how much you believe in the future and want to invest in it, as well as the colossal imposter syndrome you live with. 

He's a good egg and I truly hope he finds peace, whether it's as a footballer or something else entirely. 

41 minutes ago, throbber said:

Mason Greenwood and partner have had their baby.

There’s something very disturbing about the large number of United fans willing to ignore the abuse because of this. 

43 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There’s something very disturbing about the large number of United fans willing to ignore the abuse because of this. 

A few football pages shared the news and a good few supporters were outraged. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Big Slabhead is ditched as United skipper with West Ham apparently interested.

I think he'd do alright at a lower PL club. He's not an awful defender but he's really prone to mistakes, especially with De Gea (although, he has of course left Utd) and him having abysmal communication on the park. (De Gea was apparently responsible for more goals caused by mistakes than Maguire ever was).

He was decent at Leicester but always looks solid in an England shirt... albeit that's a low bar when playing for a League B international team with an abysmal trophy record.

As long as he stays in the PL and makes an arse of himself once or twice, I'm happy.