Partick Thistle Vs Raith Rovers

24 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Our formation has potential given our creative players, but it really needs a proper DM in there. As such a decent team will exploit us while we don't have one. 

I know you're a Raith fan but this works for Thistle as well word for word. 

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Certainly is. We need more dig in midfield. 

9 minutes ago, Reid said:

How are Raith likely to line up?

We’ve been playing 4-1-3-2 in our games so far. We will line up:

Dabrowski

McGill    
Watson   
Murray/Corr   
Dick

Stanton

Mullin    
Easton    
Smith

Vaughan    
Hamilton/Gullan

Jack Hamilton and Euan Murray are lacking match fitness so those positions are probably the main question marks. Murray hasn’t played a minute for us but his replacement Corr, whilst showing potential has had a mistake in every game so far which has almost cost us a goal (actually did cost us one against Annan). Jack Hamilton had his first start against Annan as Gullan missed out with a knock but looked out on his feet with 10-15 minutes to go.

The likes of Ross Millen, Scott Brown and Aidan Connolly would be in our strongest 11 when fit but they have missed all the League Cup games along with Ethan Ross and Ross Matthews. Not sure if we’ll have any back for this one, Ross Millen is closest but likely only fit enough for the bench if he makes it.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

There was a discussion on Twitter about that flag where someone, rightly so, said it needs to be binned. Boy that owns the flag got involved saying he'll still be bringing it to games regardless of what folk think. Shite flag, get it in the sea.

You’ve got the Union Jack modified to all blue, which is quite enough to really annoy the hardline Unionists. If the guy’s a fan, why not welcome him? You make the argument now and then for a while he might decide it’s not worth the time bringing it…you sit and publicly  demand he doesn’t, he doubles down and brings it every time, or leaves the fan base (worse). If he’s stroppy about it start calling the lad Charlie, that should do it (change it to Andrew if he participated in the paedo chants).

54 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

So this has the potential to be a game filled with lots of great attacking play and two sets of defenders who are getting increasingly angry with their team mates as the game goes on?

43 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

So this has the potential to be a game filled with lots of great attacking play and two sets of defenders who are getting increasingly angry with their team mates as the game goes on?

I'm all for it in fairness bring on the carnage 

18 minutes ago, renton said:

What's the Thistle line up likely to be? Is McInroy signing? 

McInroy is being reported in the Daily Record which has been pretty much spot on with us this summer, so I would guess aye he is. 

Depending on injuries:

Mitchell

Mcmillan - Williams - Muirhead - Milne

Bannigan - McInroy

Lawless - Williamson - Fitzpatrick

Graham 

McMillan hasn’t played yet this season with injury but hopeful he’s back, and positionslly Williamson and McInroy are probably the wrong way round. It could also be either Sneddon or Mitchell in goals but I’m guessing Mitchell will be picked. 

Just to copy what I said in Ayr thread :

We lost 9 senior players, a few of whom were backups on high wages, have signed less than that and promoted a couple of youth players (albeit we've paid for contract extensions and might have one or two more in). 

We're also due unbudgeted money from solidarity payments for Nisbet and Hendry, have had a tv match in the league cup as well as further income for getting out the groups, sold stadium naming rights and more season tickets than in recent memory as well as donations from TJF. 

We have a lower budget for this season than last I believe we're budgeting for a mid table finish in terms of prize money - but it'll still be reasonable and the unbudgeted income will help. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can’t help but feel reports of Thistle’s financial demise have been greatly exaggerated. 

On that, my reading of it is that we were very, very close at points last season to being absolutely fucked, but that by the time that the statements came out some steps to salvage it had already been taken - and we’d already had the Rangers away tie plus a loaf of big crowds in the playoffs.

Just now, Fuctifano said:

We have a lower budget for this season than last I believe we're budgeting for a mid table finish in terms of prize money - but it'll still be reasonable and the unbudgeted income will help. 

Wasn't it widely reported that we budgeted to finish in the top 2 last season? Mid table could be anything from 4th to 7th and isn't the prize money difference about £20k per place? 

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On that, my reading of it is that we were very, very close at points last season to being absolutely fucked, but that by the time that the statements came out some steps to salvage it had already been taken - and we’d already had the Rangers away tie plus a loaf of big crowds in the playoffs.

I think one of the new board mentioned in their meet the board video that the situation had actually mostly stabilised by the time those doom laden statements were released. Since then we’ve had a few cash injections from TJF, increased season tickets compared to last season, Hendry/Nisbet, selling the stadium naming rights and getting into the next round of the cup.