Partick Thistle Vs Raith Rovers

42 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

McInroy is being reported in the Daily Record which has been pretty much spot on with us this summer, so I would guess aye he is. 

Depending on injuries:

Mitchell

Mcmillan - Williams - Muirhead - Milne

Bannigan - McInroy

Lawless - Williamson - Fitzpatrick

Graham 

McMillan hasn’t played yet this season with injury but hopeful he’s back, and positionslly Williamson and McInroy are probably the wrong way round. It could also be either Sneddon or Mitchell in goals but I’m guessing Mitchell will be picked. 

With Adeloye, Alston, Robinson and Dowds on the bench?

Strong looking Match day squad at least.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Fair enough, but over the season that's surely a squad you'd be confident of getting top 4 with?

On the thistle thread I've posted that any remaining incomings we make I would expect to be defensively with the possible exception of a winger. We only have 4 defenders signed, one of whom hasn't played this season and if one of our centre halves is injured we're really snookered currently. 

Middle to front we look fine but I do worry if the likes of Graham get injured. 

How much did you sell the ground naming rights for?

I'm sure that was one of the options for sale in our commercial brochure from a month ago. Must be a no brained for clubs at this level.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

23 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

How much did you sell the ground naming rights for?

I'm sure that was one of the options for sale in our commercial brochure from a month ago. Must be a no brained for clubs at this level.

Don’t think any figures have been mentioned, but aye it’s essentially something that’s free cash for clubs. Fans will still call it Firhill anyway, Wyre get their visibility and Thistle make some money.

This already feels like an early test of our credentials. Not been easy at Firhill in recent games so to go there and come back with a win or even a draw would be a great statement of intent. With a full squad I’d fancy us but would happily take a point given our injuries. Colin Weir stand is grim, far prefer when we’re in the Jackie Husband. 

23 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Thistle people… I’m getting stagecoach in to Buchanan St, will this stupid cycling thing effect me getting up to Firhill by bus or taxi?

Cheers in advance

Would just walk, tbh. Only a mile and a half, stop for a pint half way. 

Buses are all over the place and I think any bus that goes up Maryhill Road is stopping its normal route at Oswald Street at the other end of town and not picking up it's regular route again until Maryhill Road so I don't think any of them will be of use to you from near the bus station.

Taxi from the bus station if going the quickest route to Firhill won't go near the road closures so should be fine. It's about 30-40mins to walk it if you're able to.

43 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Thistle people… I’m getting stagecoach in to Buchanan St, will this stupid cycling thing effect me getting up to Firhill by bus or taxi?

Cheers in advance

Subway to St George's Cross or Kelvinbridge probably best bet. The cycle-terrorists can't get underground...

52 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Cheers in advance

Subway to St George's X pint in the woodside or in the main stand, if you're early.  Definitely dodge any road based transport. 

Edited by ALJAGS76

Jack McMillan probably come straight back in for us at RB tomorrow, especially as Zander MacKenzie is to miss out with a slight injury. Scott Robinson still a bit away. 

Edited by JagsCG

3 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Cheers in advance

I think the busses are heading in from dobbies loan end of the city centre so you can actually get off near the bottom of Maryhill Road. 

Does baffle me how not only Partick Thistle, but Celtic are both at home today. Celtic fair enough as they are the champions and always start at home to raise the flag, but surely it could have been communicated that Thistle could start the season away from home?

When the Links Market is on, the Rovers are 99% of the time away from home the weekend it’s on.

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Does baffle me how not only Partick Thistle, but Celtic are both at home today. Celtic fair enough as they are the champions and always start at home to raise the flag, but surely it could have been communicated that Thistle could start the season away from home?

When the Links Market is on, the Rovers are 99% of the time away from home the weekend it’s on.

Ah, but Links Market >World Cycling Championships

12 hours ago, jagfox said:

Subway to St George's Cross or Kelvinbridge probably best bet. The cycle-terrorists can't get underground...

That's my route (Kelvinbridge). Meeting son and his partner for lunch, then (hopefully) a couple of jars before heading to Firhill. Hope we're better than we were in March when we didn't turn up. It's a really tricky start for us so would settle for a draw.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

The cycling championships are still on next weekend though (not sure what events) so could still be an issue and probably wouldn't get to start with 2 away games.