St Mirren V Dundee

25 minutes ago, Lalo said:

Cheers for that. It's bizarre he only trains Monday-Wednesday, is there a valid reason for that?

It's been his agreement with Robinson since Motherwell days which is why they seemed to always gravitate tovworkibg together. His family (wife and kids, not the staunch ones) still live in the North East of England so he trains part time and goes down home to his family Thursday and Friday every week. 

Not sure that is something he had in place at Utd or will have at Dens though.

2 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

You all just got Wilko'd.mb3GQ-1477410968-6-show-SteveWilkos-760x400-removebg-preview.jpg.da83ce073b98e4e0ad7747f8cdc2536a.jpg

Oh Wilco, you absolute card, you fooled us all with your wit and rapier-like forum wind-up patter. Consider us foolish Weegie-lites and Dumdees drawn in hook, line, and sinker. What a guy, what are we like? Daft diddies. 

*p***k. 🤪

45 minutes ago, Lalo said:

Cheers for that. It's bizarre he only trains Monday-Wednesday, is there a valid reason for that?

Pretty sure it's so he can go be with his family the other days, as they are still in the North of England. Something like that anyway.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Apparently he was meant to join us immediately the Doc arrived but the move got kiboshed in some way. Maybe St Mirren not wanting to sell to a Scottish ‘rival’? Then it was back on last week. 

Could have been that, or perhaps there was some come and go on the fee.

Either way we had to get rid to allow the wage and the transfer money to be used elsewhere.

I think most of the fans were really disappointed when we first heard he was going, but when the rumours came out about exactly why he wanted to leave there was a step change and the general opinion became very much "fuck him".

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It's been his agreement with Robinson since Motherwell days which is why they seemed to always gravitate tovworkibg together. His family (wife and kids, not the staunch ones) still live in the North East of England so he trains part time and goes down home to his family Thursday and Friday every week. 

Not sure that is something he had in place at Utd or will have at Dens though.

Which makes it all the more bizarre. If i was of the orange persuasion and was in a job where i had really good flexible working, i doubt i'd get another job 2 hours further away and with no guarantee of this just because my boss doesnt allow me to drape myself in a union jack and sing the sash at work.

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Which makes it all the more bizarre. If i was of the orange persuasion and was in a job where i had really good flexible working, i doubt i'd get another job 2 hours further away and with no guarantee of this just because my boss doesnt allow me to drape myself in a union jack and sing the sash at work.

To me, there HAS to be something more to it than that. No danger that's the only reason.

But.

Since it will probably never be disclosed, then I'll lean fully into him being a poor quality facsimile of Harry Enfield's William Ulsterman.

MISSUS BINFIELD 

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

I'm pretty sure he will have clarified the working arrangements prior to agreeing the move - I know I would have.  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm pretty sure he will have clarified the working arrangements prior to agreeing the move - I know I would have.  

You might be right. Pretty surprised at Docherty allowing him to sing the sash mind you.

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You might be right. Pretty surprised at Docherty allowing him to sing the sash mind you.

You boys are fucking obsessed, its scary. Move yourself from the surroundings of Glasgow and get a life mate.

Seen enough for the week. I'll be there on Saturday draped in Blue, White and Red of Dundee. I hear folks will be in Mexican fancy dress for the first away game pity neither of the two are likely to feature.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Are St Mirren fans obsessed with sectarianism as the only thing to differentiate themselves from the ugly sisters?

Quite sad really. Hope that pish doesn't reach our glorious coast and remains a west coast problem.

Solution is quite clear, nuke Glasgow.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Are St Mirren fans obsessed with sectarianism as the only thing to differentiate themselves from the ugly sisters?

Quite sad really. Hope that pish doesn't reach our glorious coast and remains a west coast problem.

I'm assuming Paisley counts as being Glasgow so, aye, nuke it.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We're not the ones who sing a song which differs from "The Billy Boys" by only 3 words.

14 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Dear Glasgow Saintees and Scumpee fans, 

Just popped into this thread to remind both sets of fans that Aberdeen FC are bigger than your two clubs combined and always will be. 

Big_Steve

image.jpeg.fae1850d7a4dbe323400dc465c368697.jpeg

Might surprise some, but I've got a bit of a soft spot for Dundee.

In terms of the game, I imagine Shaughnessy and/or Carson, depending if either play, will be putting in 110% in order to make sure the team they left doesn't get a goal. I still think this is a very winnable game for us, and if we have any pretensions of finishing top 6 we need to be beating newly promoted teams. No reflection on Dundee, just the simple facts of the matter.

I'll go 3-1 St Mirren, but I have no confidence in that. I said last week I couldn't call the Hibs game and it could be anything from 0-0 to 3-3. Honestly, I feel it's the same here, although I do think we'll win.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We're not the ones who sing a song which differs from "The Billy Boys" by only 3 words.

Indeed! And with one of those words named after an orange Protestant society from Northern Ireland! 

2CBDDF32-7631-465E-B1DF-9661F94C26AF.jpeg

Edited by Captain_Sensible

16 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Do those three words change the context and remove all sectarian nonsense from said song?

Words matter.

Dundee ‘Derry’ Boys reinforces it!

And even if it didn’t, as is pointed out to the Killie fans who sing it, why would you want to mimic Rangers fans anyway?