St Mirren V Dundee

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Are Dundee pensioners safe travelling through or are your ultras going to try and attack them?

If you happen to be a pensioner carrying a drum, then you could be in some serious trouble.

Mugging off the opposition young team for their drum seems to be a thing.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Has there been any meaningful input in this thread yet or are St Mirren fans still foaming at the mouth about non-existent sectarianism out with the realms of the West Coast?

I think the standard protocol is that the week preceding the game is essentially childish 'banter', whereby each side mocks the other's town, fans, stadium and anything else we can think of that's tangentially related to the opposition. You get pumped on Saturday and then promptly disappear from the thread, whilst we gloat for a week.  

Just now, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think the standard protocol is that the week preceding the game is essentially childish 'banter', whereby each side mocks the other's town, fans, stadium and anything else we can think of that's tangentially related to the opposition. You get pumped on Saturday and then promptly disappear from the thread, whilst we gloat for a week.  

Totally agree. This is my strategy in a nutshell.

Anyway can you help - it's my godson's birthday next week and he's a big Celtic fan - is the away strip in stock in the club shop?

In all seriousness, I cannae wait for Saturday. I was chatting to some Dundee fans on the train to Paisley a couple of seasons ago, the game where we lost 1-0 and they were all good lads. I fully respect all non-Old Firm fans (maybe with the exception of Hearts) and especially those that travel to away games. I'm hoping you bring a decent crowd through.

Dundee had a great game on Saturday and were unlucky not to win, so not underestimating them at all.

It will be interesting to see our formation. After our win at Hibs, I'm thinking Robbo might go with a similar formation and have Olusanya up front alone. I'm unsure how serious Mandron's injury is, but why change a winning team? 

I genuinely hope Carson plays as it will add to the atmosphere, and yes I will be booing him. It will be good to see Joe back, too. 

Unfortunately, the weather doesn't look promising, but it could well change by Saturday:

Screenshot2023-08-0812_24_01.png.cd8bfe15b887d0a74ab8a4c0b733545f.png

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Anyway can you help - it's my godson's birthday next week and he's a big Celtic fan - is the away strip in stock in the club shop?

Actually raised a smile, that. It's all in the delivery.

3 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

In all seriousness, I cannae wait for Saturday. I was chatting to some Dundee fans on the train to Paisley a couple of seasons ago, the game where we lost 1-0 and they were all good lads.

That was me!

Shite. The 2012 Tribute Act are at home, 3pm kick off on Saturday too. The feckin’ M8 is a scunner at the best of times, and there’s lycra clad fannies on bikes around the place for a while too. Nothing for it then but to hit Braehead for an early lunch and daunner’ around HMV for a bit, pondering that Peter Andre ‘Best Of’ CD for £2.99.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

If you were any sort of godfather, you'd give the wee c**t a shoeing and direct him to supporting a correct football team.

You're a failure in your duties.