St Mirren V Dundee

Carson won't (or shouldn't) start. McCracken hasn't put a foot wrong and it'd be suicide to make Carson's first game this one, imo. 

How big is the away allocation at St Mirren? Google says the stand holds about 1600 but do we get the whole stand or is some of it sectioned off? Was in picking my tickets up today, was a decent queue and was told there is about 400 tickets left so hopefully we can sell them by Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Dear Glasgow Saintees and Scumpee fans, 

Just popped into this thread to remind both sets of fans that Aberdeen FC are bigger than your two clubs combined and always will be. 

Big_Steve

Correct. Aberdeen are one of Scotland’s bigger clubs. I’m devastated to learn that fact.

9 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Indeed. It's always good to see clubs active in their community! 😊

I noticed tickets are selling well for this fixture. Hopefully Dundee bring a good support with them, in which case I predict a crowd of ~7,000.

Great but we shit the bed when a big crowd turns up

19 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Just popped into this thread to remind both sets of fans that Aberdeen FC are bigger than your two clubs combined and always will be. 

Big_Steve

But none of us find sheep attractive.

36 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Quite the statement to come sauntering into this binfire of a thread and declare the fucking worst bit of patter on it but by jove, sir, you have masterfully pulled it off!

Bravo!

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Correct. Aberdeen are one of Scotland’s bigger clubs. I’m devastated to learn that fact.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

But none of us find sheep attractive.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Quite the statement to come sauntering into this binfire of a thread and declare the fucking worst bit of patter on it but by jove, sir, you have masterfully pulled it off!

Bravo!

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mematic_20230808_193004.thumb.jpg.5bf986f8f63d4f5a7db4290f297857ba.jpg

6054817.jpg.fe564e00b68a279e9d588b1a317eef1a.jpg

history-today-thats-you-that-is.gif.97736db41064c27bbbf094eed604a638.gif

You all just got Wilko'd.mb3GQ-1477410968-6-show-SteveWilkos-760x400-removebg-preview.jpg.da83ce073b98e4e0ad7747f8cdc2536a.jpg

2 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Big_Steve

Abysmal patter.

Aberdeen were a decent sized club in the 80s, not soo much now.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Lalo said:

Carson won't (or shouldn't) start. McCracken hasn't put a foot wrong and it'd be suicide to make Carson's first game this one, imo. 

How big is the away allocation at St Mirren? Google says the stand holds about 1600 but do we get the whole stand or is some of it sectioned off? Was in picking my tickets up today, was a decent queue and was told there is about 400 tickets left so hopefully we can sell them by Saturday.

Yeah away end holds 1600.

They will probably hold off on selling the section nearest the home end (N1) until last, but since you've already sold 1200 I imagine you're going to sell the whole lot so that bit will be open.

You can see them doing that for the Motherwell game in the cup which we are selling ourselves. N1 is not currently for sale as it's right next to W7 which is where the North Bank are.

https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml

3 hours ago, Lalo said:

I think he’ll defo start. A week to get to know the defence, he’s a fully signed Dundee player, he’s the Doc’s number 1. Harsh on McCracken but I see no other way. 

1 hour ago, Div said:

Yeah away end holds 1600.

They will probably hold off on selling the section nearest the home end (N1) until last, but since you've already sold 1200 I imagine you're going to sell the whole lot so that bit will be open.

You can see them doing that for the Motherwell game in the cup which we are selling ourselves. N1 is not currently for sale as it's right next to W7 which is where the North Bank are.

https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml

Cheers, i'm unsure if the 400 tickets left that I heard was based on the initial tickets offered or the overall stand so it may not be a sellout

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think he’ll defo start. A week to get to know the defence, he’s a fully signed Dundee player, he’s the Doc’s number 1. Harsh on McCracken but I see no other way. 

Maybe mate, don't think he had a pre season with St Mirren so I'd be surprised. Guess its a good problem to have having 2 competent keepers

1 minute ago, Lalo said:

Cheers, i'm unsure if the 400 tickets left that I heard was based on the initial tickets offered or the overall stand so it may not be a sellout

Maybe mate, don't think he had a pre season with St Mirren so I'd be surprised. Guess its a good problem to have having 2 competent keepers

He got part of a pre season but he missed the first 3 or 4 weeks as he was apparently asked to stay away. Not sure of how involved his training schedule was afterwards as he only trains Monday-Wednesday anyway and he wasn't available for selection on matchdays. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He got part of a pre season but he missed the first 3 or 4 weeks as he was apparently asked to stay away. Not sure of how involved his training schedule was afterwards as he only trains Monday-Wednesday anyway and he wasn't available for selection on matchdays. 

Cheers for that. It's bizarre he only trains Monday-Wednesday, is there a valid reason for that?