St Mirren V Dundee

19 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This will make a change, the Paisley mob outnumbering us on their home turf.

For as long as I can remember the Derry away following has outnumbered the Paisley.

Should be a good game. 

Thank you.

Are you still pished from the weekend? 😂 

Edited by Molotov

Dundee have been living in our shadow since 76/77.

Dundee have not won a major honour since 1974 despite years of financial cheating leading to two administrations. 

At least the dead Rangers “managed”to win trophies when they were cheating. 

26 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This will make a change, the Paisley mob outnumbering us on their home turf.

For as long as I can remember the Derry away following has outnumbered the Paisley.

Should be a good game. 

Thank you.

For the vast majority of my years watching St Mirren, Dundee Derry Rangers wannabes have usually brought a pitifully small away support.

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Dundee have not won a major honour since 1974 despite years of financial cheating leading to two administrations. 

Are you a closet Utd fan - they also think football began in the mid-70s?

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

1976 was the turning point for Dundee, they were Dundee’s biggest club but were relegated on goal difference with Dundee United staying up.

Dundee United have since overtaken them in every way, 5 major trophies, bigger attendances.

And, as you say, this despite financial doping and cheating.

They’re an embarrassment to their own city 

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Are you a closet Utd fan - they also think football began in the mid-70s?

Dundee United becoming Dundee’s biggest club happened in the mid 70s

I’ve personally experienced St Mirren winning 2 major trophies

You need to look at black and white photos instead 😆

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Dundee United becoming Dundee’s biggest club happened in the mid 70s

I’ve personally experienced St Mirren winning 2 major trophies

You need to look at black and white photos instead 😆

Doubling down I see.

38 minutes ago, Molotov said:

If you’re gonna slag the Superdee then at least get your facts right , not 74 Dundee hammered Celtic on the 15th December 1973 to lift the league cup 

Just now, Wee jeemie said:

If you’re gonna slag the Superdee then at least get your facts right , not 74 Dundee hammered Celtic on the 15th December 1973 to lift the league cup 

It was the 73/74 season. You were likely not even born so never witnessed it. 

46 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

1976 was the turning point for Dundee, they were Dundee’s biggest club but were relegated on goal difference with Dundee United staying up.

Dundee United have since overtaken them in every way, 5 major trophies, bigger attendances.

And, as you say, this despite financial doping and cheating.

They’re an embarrassment to their own city 

Oh, deary me. Dundee have five major trophies and Utd only have higher attendances due to free tickets for the Primary schools and Sheltered housing residents so they can knit and have a fortnightly sing along to Love is in the Air and Beautiful Sunday.

As for Dundees away crowds we've routinely outnumbered you lot, including the season Tommy Craig took you down.

If I was from Paisley I'd never have the brass neck to go on about embarrassments. Hand on heart Paisley is one of the largest sinks of deprivation in Scotland and epitomises Scotlands current struggles.

As for an away sell out you must be having a laugh. £26 for a Legoland, Celtic endorsing shitehole of a ground. Many will turn their noses up. You can charge that price if you have a stunning history and have quality made stands which have stood the test of time; not for a badly assembled, soulless, legoland monstrosity.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Oh, deary me. Dundee have five major trophies and Utd only have higher attendances due to free tickets for the Primary schools and Sheltered housing residents so they can knit and have a fortnightly sing along to Love is in the Air and Beautiful Sunday.

As for Dundees away crowds we've routinely outnumbered you lot, including the season Tommy Craig took you down.

If I was from Paisley I'd never have the brass neck to go on about embarrassments. Hand on heart Paisley is one of the largest sinks of deprivation in Scotland and epitomises Scotlands current struggles.

Thank you.

That's just a fantasy.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Speaking of relegation, I remember Cody Cooke banging in a hat trick at an empty Dens Park when there was actually more away fans than home fans that day.

Hard to get all these relegations mixed up. Remember Charlie Adams assist a couple of years ago? In front of that massive away support 😍.

59 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

For the vast majority of my years watching St Mirren, Dundee Derry Rangers wannabes have usually brought a pitifully small away support.

How narrow minded can you be? Bringing up Rangers at the first opportunity. 

Not surprising your footballing minds are dominated by the ugly sisters since most of the population of your town follows them, but on the East Coast we don't see or hear much about The Rangers.

Dundee have a rich history we can be proud of and therefore doesn't make us want to copy any other teams or open our doors to selling their merchandise within our own stadium.

Thank you.

Imagine highlighting that Dundee have won 5 major honours.

Remind me, how many have St Mirren won? In total of course, as history doesn't vanish.

We can always wait to have the conversation about this when St Mirren become a top league winning club.

14 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As for an away sell out you must be having a laugh. £26 for a Legoland, Celtic endorsing shitehole of a ground. Many will turn their noses up. You can charge that price if you have a stunning history and have quality made stands which have stood the test of time; not for a badly assembled, soulless, legoland monstrosity.

Thank you.

That’s the spirit. 😎