Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I didn't come away from the match today too downbeat. If you compare the abomination that was December's match and today's performance it was like chalk and cheese.  Given that that was, hopefully, not what our strongest eleven will look like, there's plenty to be positive about. Best for me today were Devlin, apart from the obvious, Jack McKenzie, Morris, who surprised me, Ryan Duncan, Shinnie, Clarkson and Miovski. I may be blinkered, but I've no idea what Polvara offers and wasn't convinced by Rubevic, who appears to be really slow. But all in all a decent showing. One disappointment is that Celtic were not at their best and who knows what would have happened had Devlin not lost his mind. He must know that Kyogo plays 90% of matches in an offside position and he was bound to be where he was.

I thought he did OK in the first half, but I think it might be one of those cases where expectations are so low that he ends up getting overhyped just for succeeding those expectations. I have seen people say he was one of our best players today, which is a bit wild. 

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I thought Polvara was better than Clarkson today.

Don't think anyone was poor but Shinnie and Devlin weren't great for the first two goals.

I thought Polvara started well but to me he fell completely out of the game by the start of the second half. 

3 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Surely it’s not really that complicated. The stewards or police hear the general singing of an offensive song, they video it to confirm the evidence. You initially give fines and then points deductions if it keeps happening therafeter. It would stop pretty quickly if it was going to impact on the results, as their own fans would have an incentive to end it.

Uefa seem to have no problem making these fines. It’s our systemic acceptance that is the issue.

As far as Celtic handing out away tickets, which I'm sure have a huge number of unsuccessful applications, when I looked over at the neanderthals singing Up The 'Ra from the Lower RDS, it's obvious who is taking part in the "song". The bulk were standing behind the Green Brigade banner. Can it be difficult to give these tickets to people who don't associate with that group, as a starting point?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

As far as Celtic handing out away tickets, which I'm sure have a huge number of unsuccessful applications, when I looked over at the neanderthals singing Up The 'Ra from the Lower RDS, it's obvious who is taking part in the "song". The bulk were standing behind the Green Brigade banner. Can it be difficult to give these tickets to people who don't associate with that group, as a starting point?

^^^

Big team found 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Was no surprise to see they were the only Celtic fans not taking part in the applause for Craig Brown.

Edgy.

MacKenzie will never be the best with the ball but I thought he was defensively solid today (as last week too). He’s certainly a good squad option to have for that position.

Also thought Duncan looked much more assured at wing back than he has done when played through the middle last season.

Polvara was quieter second half as others have noted, but in fairness to him that was true of the whole midfield and thought he was still more influential than Clarkson (who should have scored).

Obviously a disappointing result, but there were certainly points to be encouraged about for the season ahead, not least that a number of the ‘weaker’ links in the squad (Morris, Polvara, Duncan etc) are capable of stepping up when needed. Celtic edged it but we had good chances to take a point from that.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yeah, very well observed otherwise.

It shows how low everyones opinion of them is though that a majority of Celtic fans observing a minutes silence for an old man who was generally well respected in football and a likeable guy, is a bit surprising 

First trip to Pittodrie in a while - the last time I was there Taxman by The Beatles was played over the tannoy.

A tough test for Celtic's new recruits.

Good to see Pittodrie full.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair, the majority of the Celtic support did show respect and join in with the applause.

It wasn't very clear from the muffled announcement that it was for Craig Brown although didn't take much to work with it being Aberdeen's first home.

Unfortunately every support has an element that refuses to show respect.

Plan A was working quite well in the first half. Good to see us have a go. 

The absence of plan B or of any flexibility at all was a worry. The lack of strength in depth in the squad is also a concern. Even with 3 or 4 still to go we're struggling if we get an injury in some parts of the pitch. 

Thought that a few players gave a really good account of themselves despite being out of position. 

That was a really young team we had out. We'd three over 30s out there, then i think the next oldest was Bojan at 24, with all the other starters being 23 or younger. Bodes well.