Lucy Letby guilty

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Depends how the question is asked. Even in America they don't always say yes, and the UK polls have usually been quite close between yes and no. A No campaign would have pictures of people released when found to have been wrongly convicted, along with evidence that the worst murderers get a whole life tariff. If people get forced to think about it rather than making a snap judgement after a horrific murder I don't think a yes verdict is inevitable.

Gallup-2019-LWOP-or-DP.png?w=1024&h=583&

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-and-research/public-opinion-polls

It would be a relatively simple binary question no ? 'Should the UK reintroduce the Death Penalty for the most serious offenders ?' 

1 minute ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

It would be a relatively simple binary question no ? 'Should the UK reintroduce the Death Penalty for the most serious offenders ?' 

After the nation failed its sanity test at the Brexit referendum, I'd expect parliament to keep that vote in house.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

After the nation failed its sanity test at the Brexit referendum, I'd expect parliament to keep that vote in house.

I would agree. The plebs are unlikely to get another chance to stick it to the man after 2014 and 2016.

49 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Give it 2 months and Braverman would redefine "the most serious offenders" to include folk who make a mistake in their benefit application form or hold up a placard saying "Down with this sort of thing".

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Should really at this point just keep it to finding the most creative ways of natural causing somebody. 

Mr Coyote, I hereby sentence you to be a product tester for ACME Incorporated. I know I'd like to see Rose West on a pair of dynamite powered roller skates. 

One of my mates was telling me recently that he's come to the conclusion that his son (ten years old) is an arsehole.

Constantly getting called up to the school as the lad has done something horrible to someone, been really rude to a teacher, damaged something etc. And he just lies about it all when the parents get involved. They've caught him out a few times being a complete dick about various things when he thinks no adults are looking etc. He's tried for ages to rationalise this and he and his wife have two other perfectly normal weans, so he's coming to the conclusion that one of their kids is just a wee arsehole. It's quite difficult for him because he loves the wee man. He and his wife are lovely people and seem to be very good parents.

Imagine knowing your daughter had killed babies? Fucking hell.

There are so many angles of this that are horrific. But I just can't imagine this from her parents' perspective.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Mr Coyote, I hereby sentence you to be a product tester for ACME Incorporated. I know I'd like to see Rose West on a pair of dynamite powered roller skates. 

I was on a course maybe 10 years ago and there were a couple of guys from a well known logistics provider on it. They were on the group that supplies the Prison service in England with catering products. 
Rose West has a job in one of the prisons (the one she is in obviously) and he said that you never get over the chill of receiving an email from Rose West complaining that they under-delivered Mars bars. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Give it 2 months and Braverman would redefine "the most serious offenders" to include folk who make a mistake in their benefit application form or hold up a placard saying "Down with this sort of thing".

'illegally' sitting in a small boat in British waters, airstrike without trial is more her style for the future. 

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Imagine knowing your daughter had killed babies? Fucking hell.

There are so many angles of this that are horrific. But I just can't imagine this from her parents' perspective.

Maybe they were thinking "she works in a hospital looking after babies, won't be long before she thinks about having one of her own".

Not going to happen now.

11 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.93020546f5aa23c7bdf0732be1fb267a.png

image.png.669c42d4d26588269c0817aaded3f6cd.png

Daily Mail going full Brass Eye to the surprise of no one.

Can almost guarantee for her own safety she won't be cutting about a jail "shopping"

Don't get how the story about her parents is "public interest" I think that risks turning innocent people into targets for abuse and harassment for their daughters actions when they had no part in any of her killings. Even for the mail it seems poor.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Can almost guarantee for her own safety she won't be cutting about a jail "shopping"

Don't get how the story about her parents is "public interest" I think that risks turning innocent people into targets for abuse and harassment for their daughters actions when they had no part in any of her killings. Even for the mail it seems poor.

Aye, what the f**k do the parents owe the "Great British Public". Next thing you know the poisonous gnome that runs the country will be sounding off about making sure the parents are properly humiliated in cases like these to appease rabid, Mail reading gimps