Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Will I be able to watch this via an entirely legitimate stream? 

Doubtful. If you live "abroad" there is no longer a PPV option although it will be streamed on Pars TV - now you need a monthly or annual subscription. Seems a bit shite as it means fans who are on holiday somewhere sunny and can't make it can no longer see it but it seems quite a common thing for clubs nowadays so I wonder if it's an SPFL edict. Doubt this will show up on any of the sites that usually have dodgy streams either. 

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Doubtful. If you live "abroad" there is no longer a PPV option although it will be streamed on Pars TV - now you need a monthly or annual subscription. Seems a bit shite as it means fans who are on holiday somewhere sunny and can't make it can no longer see it but it seems quite a common thing for clubs nowadays so I wonder if it's an SPFL edict. Doubt this will show up on any of the sites that usually have dodgy streams either. 

Never failed to get an away stream albeit it's 9 times out of 10 that shitey SPFL pixalot stream and quality can be a bit iffy. Generally you can make out what's happening though as long as your Internet connection is decent otherwise it buffers like fook. 

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Will I be able to watch this via an entirely legitimate stream? 

Depends what you consider to be legitimate, with it being during the blackout hours you'll either need to be abroad, or to have a VPN saying your abroad, however if either of those apply then you can fire it on! 

Just incase you're not aware, If you're using ParsTv - https://parstv.co.uk/

They don't operate a PPV service AFAIK, instead you'd have to buy a monthly subscription (£20), this would give you Pars games for the rest of the month also, however I get the feeling that won't be a big selling point. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Cheers guys. Hopefully be able to come up with something. Had a ticket for the game but have been struck down with the dreaded 2023 covid. 

If you don't have a VPN then get one downloaded, if you don't plan on using it again then just get one that's offering a free trial like NordVPN. 

https://nordvpn.com/offer/exclusive-risk-free-vpn/?vpn=generic-free&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_5unBhCMARIsACZyzS1GJXreqYbWLeI4zlRcM6V58ZHEqAK0WO8j-6jTAZacPFCBTSB0oAAaAoRVEALw_wcB

Jobs a good un. 

Edited by HoBNob

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Cheers guys. Hopefully be able to come up with something. Had a ticket for the game but have been struck down with the dreaded 2023 covid. 

Hope you’re alright and not suffering too much. Although, I do hope the result makes you feel even worse.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

It’s a bit like 94/5 when you guys pumped us 5-2 and we won the double 

See, now you understand relevance of these things. 

Did we not beat Raith 4 times in 96/97 and they finished dead last? We had a good team that season and could have done much better. Think the draws were our downfall. Petrie, Britton, Den Biemen, Wee Moore…Good times man. 

This is why most Rovers fans can't see us challenging for the title. For all of our attacking options, only takes one player missing at the back to severely weaken us.

That said, we are still going into this game in better shape than the league cup game - hopefully playing strikers up top and central midfielders in central midfield.

33 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

See, now you understand relevance of these things. 

Did we not beat Raith 4 times in 96/97 and they finished dead last? We had a good team that season and could have done much better. Think the draws were our downfall. Petrie, Britton, Den Biemen, Wee Moore…Good times man. 

We finished 5th, our highest finish in decades. Did very well with what we had! We were third highest scorers in the league but conceded the second most. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We finished 5th, our highest finish in decades. Did very well with what we had! We were third highest scorers in the league but conceded the second most. 

Just meant in terms of European qualification. Still thoroughly enjoyed that season.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Paton's Pars in Europe. That would have been glorious. 

Would've done better than Davie Hay or Stephen Kenny. Pars 95-98 teams would've caused some damage to the teams that put us out a decade later.

We were quite unfortunate we lost Calderwood and some good players after 2004 and played Hafnarfjörður with an awful manager like Davie Hay. BK Haken we played after relegation to the first division. Strange times under Stephen Kenny. 

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Amazed they don't just wipe Crawford's management from their history. Pumped 3-0 courtesy of the King of Fife in the Scottish Cup too. 

image.jpg.0a74db4d23f7531f982db70408443ce0.jpg

Unfortunately, that game very much did count and I have rarely been as pissed off after a game.

Utterly gutless performance from the Pars that day.

Gutted I can't make this as it's my wee ones birthday. Effin bairns!

Nervous as f**k about it too. Like many games this season it is on a total knife edge, need to see who shows up on the day. 

Mon the wee team fae the big toon, lets pump this "big" team fae the wee city. :)

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Looking like it’s going to be a fairly big crowd inside EEP on Saturday. I’ll predict 6000.

One of the good things about this team is they respond well to the crowd.
The lads and lassies in the NW do us all proud with their singing and encouragement to the players. 
it’s no mean feat either, the NW doesn’t lend itself to the crowd noise. The Norrie and the Cowden ends are like an amphitheater that projects the sound across the field, whereas our loyal choir have to work harder to make themselves heard, and they do it well.

EEP is a joy to visit nowadays as the fans and players bounce off each other’s performances which will all add up to rovers getting reamed to within an inch of their lives 

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Gutted I can't make this as it's my wee ones birthday. Effin bairns!

Nervous as f**k about it too. Like many games this season it is on a total knife edge, need to see who shows up on the day. 

Mon the wee team fae the big toon, lets pump this "big" team fae the wee city. :)

Yip. I hate the bairns too. Scummy, inbred, six fingered, rat eating, piss drinking, unwashed hoors.