Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All these ex-players sending in videos to Raith’s Twitter page reminds me of those daft ex-Sevco players sending them in to Rangers’ Twitter to encourage fans to behave themselves in Seville. Quite tragic. “That mob” and other minter phrases getting spouted by losers (2011) like John Baird. Don’t let anyone tell you this isn’t their cup final. In McPake’s words “Just another game to us”  

We’ll stick to doing our talking on the pitch 😁 

Surely you want any game to have a bit of spice about it? Yes, some of it is a bit cheesy, but at least the Rovers socials have bigged the game up, that’s their job to promote the games! It’s worked too, we’ve brought a bigger away crowd to a match than previous years and the socials have played a big part in that.

Weird behaviour to support a team and not look forward to these games more than others this year. It’s not a cup final at all, but don’t kid on it’s just another game to some Dunfermline supporters. Half the Dunfermline Dads changed their profile picture on Twitter for an extra point in a competition they didn’t even progress in and some even rolled out the old ‘this Kingdom is ours’ patter.

I’d rather be going to matches like the one today than say a Cove Rangers or Hamilton, that’s for sure.

Edited by Raithfan2711
Typo

14 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Shouldn't you be glad that's contributed to selling out your tickets? Might mean next time a quality player like Byrne comes up you can scrape together the pennies to actually make a decent offer. 

I mean yes great for us. 

Lol you can believe we were in for Byrne all you like, we weren't 😁 you social post presumably was in relation to him leaving Dundee and choosing Raith. Sorry to burst your bubble, however maybe you should scrape some cash together to assemble a bit more depth in you back line rather than add yet another CM? Just an idea.

There's a real buzz around the Rovers, for the first time in a while, and that is in part down to a great job with regards to social media and the work the club are doing.

These videos with former players are a wee bit too much for my liking though.  If I was Mcpake I'd have them on in the dressing room as the team talk.  

That said, I do quite enjoy Dunfermline fans playing the fixture down as just another league game, before proceeding to sing songs with the lyrics "we fucking hate you".

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

There's a real buzz around the Rovers, for the first time in a while, and that is in part down to a great job with regards to social media and the work the club are doing.

These videos with former players are a wee bit too much for my liking though.  If I was Mcpake I'd have them on in the dressing room as the team talk.  

I get what you mean, but at the same time, least it’s not with any current players. If that makes sense? 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You were.

You say we were I say we weren't.

Hopefully neither of us are hearing that from the football clubs themselves because that's the narratives you would expect them to use.

19 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Surely you want any game to have a bit of spice about it? Yes, some of it is a bit cheesy, but at least the Rovers socials have bigged the game up, that’s their job to promote the games! It’s worked too, we’ve brought a bigger away crowd to a match than previous years and the socials have played a big part in that.

Weird behaviour to support a team and not look forward to these games more than others this year. It’s not a cup final at all, but don’t kid on it’s just another game to some Dunfermline supporters. Half the Dunfermline Dads changed their profile picture on Twitter for an extra point in a competition they didn’t even progress in and some even rolled out the old ‘this Kingdom is ours’ patter.

I’d rather be going to matches like the one today than say a Cove Rangers or Hamilton, that’s for sure.

Man speaks the truth 👏🏻

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s us down to less than 10 tickets left and it’s still a long time to go before kick off. Surely Dunfermline are going to open up the last section? 

Final block now on sale and looks like a dozen or so tickets sold for it. 
Good effort lads, let’s hope the team turn up in the same way that we are 👍🏼

Still expecting us to put in one of those anemic performances that always seems to characterise our visits to the KDM.

At this point we've played well against a tired Hibs side (and lost), made Partick Thistle look like world beaters for large parts of a game, and nearly shit the bed against an industrial but talentless Morton side. So not entirely feeling the optimism.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Still expecting us to put in one of those anemic performances that always seems to characterise our visits to the KDM.

At this point we've played well against a tired Hibs side (and lost), made Partick Thistle look like world beaters for large parts of a game, and nearly shit the bed against an industrial but talentless Morton side. So not entirely feeling the optimism.

I'm excited for the match, and what looks like being a good crowd, but as you say, we've all seen this damp squib performance play out far too often to get carried away about our prospects of a result. 

One way or another we should at least find out today if this team really is made of different stuff. 

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That said, I do quite enjoy Dunfermline fans playing the fixture down as just another league game, before proceeding to sing songs with the lyrics "we fucking hate you".

The guys playing it down will spend 90 minutes sitting on their hands in the Norrie tbf.

Derby matches are always important IMO and I’ll be delighted if we win today and avoiding P&B like the plague tonight if we lose.

The fact Rovers haven’t won at EEP in 14 years and we haven’t lost a home league game in 16 months does give me a sense of gnawing inevitability…