Dougie's Morton v Dick's Arbroath

I knew we weren’t as bad as what everyone seemed to think, sounds like we’ve defended corners and blocked well as well as having chances of our own. Fair play Arbroath

52 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Holy shit.  Don’t tell me yooz lot are about to get beat off Arbroath? 😂 surely you’ll turn it around?? 

Like others have said pipe doon you wee fanny. You’ve been in this league 2 minutes. We’re a better team this year than the one that beat you 3-0 last year 

Don’t want to hear player X, Y or Z be the scapegoat after that.

Fact is Dougie’s seen Arbroath enough times - and seen enough in the first half hour today - to understand that our normal game doesn’t work against them. They’re just quicker to the second balls and comfortable defending diagonals.

The blame for today lies squarely with him for not having them play through midfield when it was patently obvious we were second best. That doesn’t excuse poor individual performances around the pitch mind.

ETA: Well played Arbroath, always impressed when I see you play us.

Edited by Morton Supporter

11 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Bad bad day for the moaners / haters

great performance, too a man we were excellent, couldn’t believe the line up but it worked a treat. 

welcome 3 points, credit to players and management , need to build on it now. 

My feelings exactly - I think everyone was surprised at the line up but I said on our own thread there was still players capable of getting a result in the team even if the line up looked strange 

- delighted for the boys 

10 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

utter disgrace and f**king embarassment.

Can't say a bad word whatsoever about Arbroath, you put in a really good performance to capitalise on, frankly, the worst performance I have EVER seen.

F**k me. That was bad.

Aye. Today was the first time I've left Cappielow early in what must be ten years. We were absolutely shite - utterly disjointed, outmanoeuvred, and outplayed. It's hard to believe I was watching the same club who played so convincingly at Ibrox last week. But fair play Lichties - a great result for yous and very well deserved. The only glimmer of consolation is that we can't possibly get any worse than that.

meter45.gif.9e931f12eb435bd52a30b35cbfdcdcc0.gif

Cameron Blues is fucking shite... so obviously instead of taking him off we move him to RB and take Darah off...

Seen loads of comments over the last few months that we are better when we go with one of Muirhead/Oakley instead of trying to fit both into the team and I couldn't agree more. Today proved once again that Oakley is the one (when we have the choice obviously).

0-3 flattered us.

Think we can safely say that's the worst we've played under Imrie. 

We were just not at the races today with some very poor performers too. 

Blues gets some over the top criticism at times, but everyone could see it was not going to be his day. To then accommodate him staying on the park he gets moved to RB. A move that just beggared belief!

Power did we ll today, but hard to think who else got pass marks. 

Lack of signings in vital positions now harming us.

For Arbroath, they won the tactical battle today and McKenna was easily MotM  

16 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Aye. Today was the first time I've left Cappielow early in what must be ten years. We were absolutely shite - utterly disjointed, outmanoeuvred, and outplayed. It's hard to believe I was watching the same club who played so convincingly at Ibrox last week. But fair play Lichties - a great result for yous and very well deserved. The only glimmer of consolation is that we can't possibly get any worse than that.

meter45.gif.9e931f12eb435bd52a30b35cbfdcdcc0.gif

My glimmer of consolation was it will now be an absolute no-brainer for the board when Dougie demands the signings he needs.