Banning Children

On the way home from work I caught a bit of conversation on BBC Radio Scotland that there is a Turkish airline now offering adult only zones on flights for an extra £40. 

Travel blogger thought this was an excellent idea. Parent bloggers argument was its not fair as a parent of 3 children she also would like a relaxing flight but it's not possible.

What do the P&B masses think and should this be implemented in other surroundings?

I personally think it's a great idea and the woman complaining its not fair because she can't have a relaxing flight was one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

On the way home from work I caught a bit of conversation on BBC Radio Scotland that there is a Turkish airline now offering adult only zones on flights for an extra £40. 

Travel blogger thought this was an excellent idea. Parent bloggers argument was its not fair as a parent of 3 children she also would like a relaxing flight but it's not possible.

What do the P&B masses think and should this be implemented in other surroundings?

I personally think it's a great idea and the woman complaining its not fair because she can't have a relaxing flight was one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

If you want a relaxing anything, don’t have three children. She probably knows this a is only arguing for £100 appearance fee sake.

Sounds fair enough.

I don’t have a problem with kids on flights, bar one thing. If one is sat immediately behind me and starts kicking the seat. Even then, that’s a rare occurence. Most times the kids act a bit mental for a brief period before falling asleep. Adults on the other hand? Should ban a lot of the fcukers who can’t go five minutes without a drink, shouting, swearing, acting the Joe Kunt and, in extreme cases, start physically fighting, abusing cabin staff, or trying to force open the feckin’ door of the plane while at 30,000 feet…. Have yet to see any kid display those levels of kuntery.

For reasons of possible mild kuntery, or a noisy wean, I never, ever, travel without my fully charged iPhone which contains 15,760 songs at present, and, importantly… Bose noise cancelling over-ear headphones. Never. Leave. Home. Without.

My toddler son forced me to eat a masticated apricot slice and chug a half-litre bottle of Bru 'til it fizzed out of my nostrils during a flight from Birmingham, and laughed like a drain during the entire assault.

Ban them all, say I.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

If there are enough mugs willing to pay extra for this when in reality the biggest problem on any flight is other adults, then why not? Probably doing all the normal people a favour by keeping the weird sociopaths in a separate area of the plane too.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t have a problem with kids on flights, bar one thing. If one is sat immediately behind me and starts kicking the seat. Even then, that’s a rare occurence. Most times the kids act a bit mental for a brief period before falling asleep. Adults on the other hand? Should ban a lot of the fcukers who can’t go five minutes without a drink, shouting, swearing, acting the Joe Kunt and, in extreme cases, start physically fighting, abusing cabin staff, or trying to force open the feckin’ door of the plane while at 30,000 feet…. Have yet to see any kid display those levels of kuntery.

For reasons of possible mild kuntery, or a noisy wean, I never, ever, travel without my fully charged iPhone which contains 15,760 songs at present, and, importantly… Bose noise cancelling over-ear headphones. Never. Leave. Home. Without.

I’ve never experienced any of the adult behaviour you have described.  Where are you flying to, and with whom?

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Chewin The Fat Fancy Cheese Baguette Modus Operandi GIF ...

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If there are enough mugs willing to pay extra for this when in reality the biggest problem on any flight is other adults, then why not? Probably doing all the normal people a favour by keeping the weird sociopaths in a separate area of the plane too.

annoying adults certainly exist, but they are outnumbered 3-1 by annoying kids and most of the annoying adults are those who don’t deal with there annoying kids

Can't see the problem if folk are willing to pay. Though there are certain destinations I'd be more tolerant to bratty kids/expecting it. If it was to a family resort in Spain you surely have to expect a bit of noise. If it was to a nicer destination I'd be a bit more annoyed if there were bratty kids. But the trouble is generally arsehole parents not dealing with their kids. 

There was a video doing the rounds the other day of a wee boy thumping some guy's seat on the plane and when the guy asked the woman to have a word with the kid the bitch had a go at him rather than tell her kid off. Those people are what's wrong with the world. 

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are you flying on some sort of mobile creche?

No. just going on a  range of European travel,  there’s an occasional stag/hen doo going off, but there’s at least a 5 to 1 ratio where it’s family’s who can’t behave themselves,  yeah maybe it’s not always the kids fault but the scumbag parents should take responsibility for both their poor behaviour and of the wee rats they’ve dragged with them? Unfortunately that’s rarely the case and shouting whilst pilling them with more haribo seems like it’s an ok solution, it’s not.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't see the problem if folk are willing to pay. Though there are certain destinations I'd be more tolerant to bratty kids/expecting it. If it was to a family resort in Spain you surely have to expect a bit of noise. If it was to a nicer destination I'd be a bit more annoyed if there were bratty kids. But the trouble is generally arsehole parents not dealing with their kids. 

There was a video doing the rounds the other day of a wee boy thumping some guy's seat on the plane and when the guy asked the woman to have a word with the kid the bitch had a go at him rather than tell her kid off. Those people are what's wrong with the world. 

I’m surprised they stopped at £40…