Banning Children

State of the comments. Apparently his behaviour is definitely nothing to do with the parents, probably the school's fault, and also black people because none of them have fathers. People are lunatics, but it's AI we're all worried about the now.

47 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've always found the "who will look after you in your dotage?" thing a bit stoneage. Who wants to inflict that on their own kids? 

Mrs is going through it right now with a pair of elderly, disabled parents who are at the point where they are a risk to themselves, no longer capable of living independently, and need to go into residential care ASAP. It's absolute hell. She has health issues of her own, works a 40 hour week with a significant commute, and is driven mental by the constant demands of Care workers and Social Work. She does what she can, but it's an enormous stress and she feels horrendously guilty for not being able to give them the care they need.

Care provision should be adequate, but it isn't, and it's invariably children and other relatives expected to pick up the shortfall. This is a societal/governmental failure, and not some sort of argument for having children in the first place.

The only answer to people looking after their own parents when they get old at the moment seems to be getting people to leave their own families abroad and taking over our responsibilities. The same as we do with doctors and nurses trained in 3rd world countries. There might be a solution in paying care workers far more than they get now but it would take reorganising the whole economy in terms of how we reward work and distribute money. 

30 minutes ago, BTFD said:

State of the comments. Apparently his behaviour is definitely nothing to do with the parents, probably the school's fault, and also black people because none of them have fathers. People are lunatics, but it's AI we're all worried about the now.

2016 - https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/microsoft-shuts-down-ai-chatbot-after-it-turned-into-racist-nazi/

2022; plus ca change - https://mashable.com/article/meta-facebook-ai-chatbot-racism-donald-trump

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This article popped up on my phone, kind of related - https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/aug/28/unspoken-grief-childless-men

If you look at the shady corners of social media it's full of strange men talking about women not having any eggs but that overlooks that some men really desire to have children but never do.  The article also states that there's an idea that men can just easily father kids at any age which isn't entirely true. 

Regarding the shady corners of the internet, a video of a young (late 20s) single woman describing her life on TikTok has gone viral on Twitter, with the predictable crew of strange men criticising her viciously.  I saw someone comment on it that the people piling on (or attempting to) are just bullies who want to feel superior and that they've won life by having a certain lifestyle.  

You realise you've just outed yourself as a voyeur of the shady bits of the internet, right?

On 06/09/2023 at 10:28, ICTChris said:

My friend was working in the Scot-Mid on Easter Road years ago when a couple with a small toddler came in.  The toddler was crying a bit and the father (presumably) turned to the mother and said "Shut that c**t up!", referring to the upset child.  The kid will probably be in their 20s now, hope they are OK.

Francis Begbie Esq.

Kids running about the dog friendly (specifically advertised outside) beer garden, winding up my dog earlier on.  Parents just tutting at me as the dog barks to say "I don't like this, f*** off" as the kids run up to him multiple times.

Every kid that goes there seems to bolt around the place.  Just me, or was that never a thing pre 2000s?

On 08/09/2023 at 18:17, Hedgecutter said:

Kids running about the dog friendly (specifically advertised outside) beer garden, winding up my dog earlier on.  Parents just tutting at me as the dog barks to say "I don't like this, f*** off" as the kids run up to him multiple times.

Every kid that goes there seems to bolt around the place.  Just me, or was that never a thing pre 2000s?

Dugs in a pub is way more welcome than children imo, especially if the kids are running about uncontrolled which seems to be common. 

• 1 month later...

Not trying hard enough. I saw children referred to as "c**t turds" in one similarly edgetacular missive.

Also, the author is apparently OK with having "adult shenanigans" with thirteen year olds. We have a word for people like that.

Seeing as weddings usually involve inviting entirely families, who’s looking after the kids?

It’s entirely someone’s prerogative who they invite to their wedding but don’t act surprised if people tell you to ram it or leave ridiculously early because they don’t have childcare.

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Seeing as weddings usually involve inviting entirely families, who’s looking after the kids?

It’s entirely someone’s prerogative who they invite to their wedding but don’t act surprised if people tell you to ram it or leave ridiculously early because they don’t have childcare.

Weddings are just a kunt of a thing from start to finish anyway. Never mind kids, what about the table plans? Fcuk me, I’m still haunted from mine in 1988 - ‘can’t put Aunt Jean at Table 2 and Aunt Bessie at Table 3, her nose will be out of joint forever… need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other. Where should we sit your cousins coming over from Australia?’

Me… fcuk this, I’m away to the Coca Cola Roller Coaster at the Glasgow Garden Festival. 😜

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other.

No wonder, they sang at Uncle Bill's wedding "How can you stay with a fat girl who'll say 'Oh, would you like to marry me and if you like you can buy the ring'. She doesn't care about anything"