Dundee United v Greenock Morten Saturday 16 September 2023 at 3.00 pm

53 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Aye? But you just can't resist coming back here to have a quick roast, can you? Like a moth to a flame ........

Spot on.

And all too soon I did return
Just like a moth to a flame

Thank you.

On 09/09/2023 at 18:55, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

😀

Thank goodness we're out of that tinpot shite-mare.

Thank you.

That works both ways, chum. 😁

Rest assured, your miserablist, knuckleheaded comments are missed on here by absolutely nobody.

(I would normally end with a polite  “and you’re welcome” , but naw, ye urny. 😜)

5 hours ago, UtdFan said:

Any injuries / suspensions for either team this week?

United have had Docherty missing recently but recruited Tillson last week from Ross County. Not sure when Docherty is due back.

We're probably going to be without most of our best players. Oakley seems to be out long term, Crawford we don't yet know, Quitongo is injured a lot.  Our smallish squad doesn't help.

I'm looking forward to this fixture.

United have shown up well results-wise in the first few games. It does seem encouraging.  Apparently Sibbald & The Doc have trained this week so hopefully they have got through that and proved ready for the squad on Sat. 

Goodwin appears to work them hard in training and seems to have a plan.

I know it's counter-intuitive, but I reckon our games at home are more challenging than the 'away' fixtures.

2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Not making this, is there usually a stream for Dundee Unt games these days on thee olde firestick? I had a look on your site and it says there is no PPV for tomorrow :( 

You won’t get PPV for a game anywhere with a 3pm Saturday kick off.

Only exception is if you have VPN and register as a user abroad.  If your happy (willing) to pay you might get it on DUTV.  Don’t know if they do match-by-match subscriptions but I’d imagine you could find out easily enough.

9 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Not making this, is there usually a stream for Dundee Unt games these days on thee olde firestick? I had a look on your site and it says there is no PPV for tomorrow :( 

As GD says you can get it abroad so if you know where to look you will get it.

DM me a tenner and ill make sure Utd get it and you can sleep with a clear conscience 

This, on the GMFC website, puzzles me:

"Supporters should also be aware that a drum will not be permitted in the away end for tomorrow’s cinch Championship clash. "

Why is one encouraged in the home end?

As long as a drummist doesn't feel he or she should be on the batter for the entire match, I don't mind them too much, but discrimination ruffles my bananas.

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

This, on the GMFC website, puzzles me:

"Supporters should also be aware that a drum will not be permitted in the away end for tomorrow’s cinch Championship clash. "

Why is one encouraged in the home end?

As long as a drummist doesn't feel he or she should be on the batter for the entire match, I don't mind them too much, but discrimination ruffles my bananas.

United always seem to be weird with this kind of thing.

Imo our away support can be better without the drum - it drowns out the voices a bit too much - so I'm not really complaining.

Looking forward to the game today. I see Sibbald is back in training but wouldn’t be rushing him to play and risk a longer term injury. 

We’re in the unusual place this season of being favourites going into every single game - any Morton fans thinking an upset might be on the cards?

On 15/09/2023 at 11:29, Granny Danger said:

You won’t get PPV for a game anywhere with a 3pm Saturday kick off.

Only exception is if you have VPN and register as a user abroad.

I kinda think we all knew that - the OP obviously did - but thanx anyway for your input there. 😜

Yeah, not a clue why Broadfoot’s still there. I guess we’ll be doing a fair bit of defending today around the box, but I’m not sure I even prefer him doing that over O’Connor. 

Crawford a real boost though.