Dundee United v Greenock Morten Saturday 16 September 2023 at 3.00 pm

Very disappointing way to concede a goal, drop points, double the amount of league goals we’ve conceded and lose our position as league leaders.

It’s the first time this season that I have had cause to be critical of the officials, hopefully it’s the exception rather than the rule.

I’d like to see the red card incident again.

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This referee is shite.  Allowing himself to be conned by these Greenock cheats.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Very disappointing way to concede a goal, drop points, double the amount of league goals we’ve conceded and lose our position as league leaders.

It’s the first time this season that I have had cause to be critical of the officials, hopefully it’s the exception rather than the rule.

I’d like to see the red card incident again.

Still, nice to see you’re taking it so well…..  😁

And serves ye right for that “Morten” pish you started the thread with. GIRFUY.   🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Still, nice to see you’re taking it so well…..  😁

And serves ye right for that “Morten” pish you started the thread with. GIRFUY.   🤣🤣🤣

Just to be clear I don’t blame the referee for losing us the game, we managed that ourselves.

Fair play to Morton, they had a game plan to be physical and get in our faces and it certainly worked in the second half. We had good composure in the first, but the second it didn’t click, and with all the nonsense happening in the penalty box, we lost the head and got a man sent off.  It’ says something when Goodwin is telling them to calm down. Also conceded a comedy goal. Must work harder to kill of games and be more ruthless. 

Positives - great ball in and finish for our goal.  More of that please. 

Cry as many salty tears as you like, make as many disparaging comments as you like.

The ref robbed you, Morton are thugs and hammer throwers, we're too physical, we're cheats, we're too in your face, Dougie's running a wrestling match instead of a fitba team, blah blah blah.

It's water off a duck's back to us. We're used to it.

And edited to add - made all the more delicious by an outstanding RB loaned to us by your dark blue pals across the road .... 🤣

Edited by Chippyminton

Didn't watch the game but from what I've been told, an improvement on recent performances. Broadfoot didn't seem to give united a freebie so perhaps the title charge can start now.

A point against the top side (at the start of the game) away is a great result. A win in Fife next week would be a good way of getting back on track.

My words of wisdom following today's game.

Referee had a shocker and at one point lost all control of the game. 

Clear penalty on Gallagher at the corner

A lot of Utd fans who sit around me are morons that you'd think had never seen a game.

A point with ten men is far from disastrous.

Can't claim to have saw the red card incident, and although I thought Cudjoe was fouled, and for the umpteenth time the ref took no action, I presume he reacted in some way that gave the linesman (and therefore ref) a decision to make. He's forgiven as he's young and still learning.

11 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Cry as many salty tears as you like, make as many disparaging comments as you like.

The ref robbed you, Morton are thugs and hammer throwers, we're too physical, we're cheats, we're too in your face, Dougie's running a wrestling match instead of a fitba team, blah blah blah.

It's water off a duck's back to us. We're used to it.

Aye, that's a fair summary apart from the "in your face" bit. They aren't in your face, they're behind you kicking you after the ball's away or rolling around on the ground pretending to have been hit. I don't blame Morton, tbf. c***s are c***s. That's just their nature. Ref should be smarter though. That's the disappointing bit.