Dundee United v Greenock Morten Saturday 16 September 2023 at 3.00 pm

Sorry but appealing that decision is mental. How anyone from Dundee United could sit down after the event, calm down, watch the video evidence and still feel aggrieved enough to appeal the decision is beyond comprehension.

A red card all day long. Well done to the assistant ref who got the call absolutely spot on in the heat of the moment. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Sorry but appealing that decision is mental. How anyone from Dundee United could sit down after the event, calm down, watch the video evidence and still feel aggrieved enough to appeal the decision is beyond comprehension.

Sometimes clubs like to try and appeal to the thick, moronic element of their support by doing things like this.

A waste of money, but for a club who piss thousands up the wall on a weekly basis anyway, what’s another couple of £k in a frivolous appeal?

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Sometimes clubs like to try and appeal to the thick, moronic element of their support by doing things like this.

A waste of money, but for a club who piss thousands up the wall on a weekly basis anyway, what’s another couple of £k in a frivolous appeal?

Name them us!

12 hours ago, port-ton said:

The amount of SFA corruption quote tweets by Dundee Utd fans on the official tweet confirming the appeal decision is truly frightening. 

So far down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole that they just ignore video evidence. 

Their fanbase are absolutely horrendous on twitter for 'protecting their own' so to speak. It starts on the less serious side of Gauld not getting Scotland call ups, and then at it's worst ends with the full blown support of Goodwillie. 

On 18/09/2023 at 09:36, Derry Alli said:

It's a nailed on red card. Is that @Tannadeechee on Twitter arguing it?

Aye what of it?🙄

Had only had the distance view of it from where I was sat and the fuzzy video.  Looked at the time that it was a "get off" movement from Cudjoe and there was a massive over reaction from the Morton player, you don't move like that getting an arm in thr face.

As you will have experienced last week David Munro had been utterly woeful looking directly at shirt pulls in the box and ignoring them, and quite a number of leaving the studs on after the ball had gone challanges. Basically 11 Dougie Imries and getting away with it. It worked and they got a point.

It is what it is, he shouldn't have reacted, which the better video shows, I don't see a big follow through, which there would be if there was force behind it, but the level of force doesn't come into it.  But if officials had dealt with some of the treatment dealt out to Cudjoe that incident would never have happened. It wasn't and it did end of.

Move on and hope to never see Munro on a pitch again!!

Edited by Tannadeechee

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Looked at the time that it was a "get off" movement from Cudjoe and there was a massive over reaction from the Morton player, you don't move like that getting an arm in thr face.

The video that was on Twitter seemed quite clear that there was a swing from Cudjoe that connected. Elbow or hand, it happened. Waters did make a meal of it for dramatic effect / appealing for a foul, but it was a foul.

I think it's just Cudjoe being younger and more aggressive than the others - Waters may just have played on it a bit.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

The video that was on Twitter seemed quite clear that there was a swing from Cudjoe that connected. Elbow or hand, it happened. Waters did make a meal of it for dramatic effect / appealing for a foul, but it was a foul.

I think it's just Cudjoe being younger and more aggressive than the others - Waters may just have played on it a bit.

Aye, but you'll notice I had only seen the fuzzy one, which looked like there had been no contact at all. I had then seen the none fuzzy one.

I think it was a "get off" rather than a full blown "your fucking getting it" smack. He was being held down & stopped from getting up and annoyance took over. As said in the original post, intention & strength is irrelevant if contact is made like that.

It is what it is.

And thank you for at least having the courtesy of a reply and having a discussion. I didn't criticise Morton, you play anyway which gives you an advantage and rules are there to be pushed, Imrie did it his entire playing career. Players like that, if they are yours are lauded, when they're an opposition player they are the biggest chunts in the world. He wasn't going to be intimidated or be bullied and it looks like he has the team with the same attitude whether playing well or not.

Edited by Tannadeechee