Dundee United v Greenock Morten Saturday 16 September 2023 at 3.00 pm

Very strange……

I wasn’t there yesterday, but I’ve just watched United’s 8 minute highlights package and I didn’t see any examples of the “dark arts” from Morton that Granny Danger and Pull My Strings have been wetting their knickers over. I DID see one incident clearly deserving of a red card, but funnily enough that was from a United player.

Seems to me that GD & PMS (how fitting is that abbreviation?😁) are just bad losers. Even when they haven’t actually lost.

What a wee shame that is.

😁

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Now that we have highlights to go on rather than grainy twitter clips, yep, that's a clear red card. Looks at him then flings the elbow in his face, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Clear red card unfortunately. No point appealing that, regardless of how much contact he actually made. 

On 16/09/2023 at 16:58, ArabianKnight said:

Seemed a very soft red. Ref was shocking today for everyone.

Meh 

Seemed a deliberate elbow to me.  Red appears to be the  correct decision.

On 16/09/2023 at 16:45, Granny Danger said:

This referee is shite.  Allowing himself to be conned by these Greenock cheats.

In that case it is just as well the assistant referee was alert to the elbow that led to the red card.

22 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

In that case it is just as well the assistant referee was alert to the elbow that led to the red card.

I’ve not commented on the red card as the DUTV transmission is, let’s say, not the best.  If he’s elbowed the guy then he deserves to be sent off.

Morton players were niggling from the off and a more experienced player would learn not to react.  Cudjoe is only 19 and it’s a part of the game he will have to learn.

We dropped points yesterday from a sloppy and preventable error, the officials were not to blame for that.  Nonetheless the referee was abysmal.

The response of Dundee utd fans on social media has been one of the most tinpot things I've seen from a set of fans in a while, and all for something that is a clear red card. 

Relegation and humiliation was bad enough and now they have brought further shame to a once proud club. 

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Morton here, but they have had a label on them that just isn't merited. It is usually done as a defence mechanism when teams that are 'expected' to beat them, don't.

I watched us against Morton plenty last season and came away frustrated and angry. Not because of their evil 'dark arts' but because of my teams incapability of at least matching them for attitude, application and physicality. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

In a shock turn of events cudjoe's appeal has been dismissed, proving that elbowing people in the face and then appealing it might not be the best use of time and resources. 

Dundee Utd fans taking the news extremely well on twitter as expected. The sort of anger over correct decisions that you'd expect from Old Firm fans. 

I mean, it’s categorically a red card. The first video that surfaced on twitter seemed to show playacting from the Morton boy, but once they had the clearer footage published it’s clear as day to see he smashes him in the puss on purpose. What the f**k were Dundee Utd thinking?