Ayr vs Thistle

When we are 3-0 down after the first 25 minutes, please do not laugh as we sheepishly make our way to the exits while booing and calling for Bullen to go, and officially kicking off another wasted weekend.

We have no teamwork, no tactics, no options.

Just turn up and accept the 3 points and boost to your goals scored tally, like the gentlemen (and ladies) that you are.

Revert back to 442 and just have a go.  It was what worked best last season when and we scored goals from that formation and worked well in the League Cup:

Albinson

McAllister Stanger Musonda Reading

Chalmers Senga Smith McGeady

Amartey Rose

Subs: Mutch, Ahui, McGinty, Ecrepont, Syla, Young, Murphy, McKenzie, Bryden

Preferably have Tomlinson on the bench over either Ahui or Ecrepont, but not going to happen I don't think.

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

Take Dowds if you want, in my opinion for a big guy he shows no physicality on the park to hold the ball up & also can't do the horrible stuff that focal point strikers do

We are absolutely desperate though, if he is able to stand with his back to goal, take he ball in and pass it to someone he is a huge improvement. Our strikers hold up play is junior standard. 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Revert back to 442 and just have a go.  It was what worked best last season when and we scored goals from that formation and worked well in the League Cup:

Albinson

Chalmers Senga Smith McGeady

Amartey Rose

Subs: Mutch, Ahui, McGinty, Ecrepont, Syla, Young, Murphy, McKenzie, Bryden

Preferably have Tomlinson on the bench over either Ahui or Ecrepont, but not going to happen I don't think.

I’m not sure it’ll happen either but Watret should now be our second choice RB, and on the bench over Ahui. 

IMO, I don’t see how going 4-4-2 with those players up front changes anything, and we get absolutely ripped apart with McGeady and Chalmers wide in a four with Senga and Smith in the middle. Think I would go this:

Albinson

Young    Syla 

Chalmers        Murphy        McGeady

Amartey

Murphy to drop in and help Young/Syla, take the ball and progress it  - Amartey is physically huge so is possibly our best chance of a focal point. Worst case he van stretch Partick with his pace and ensure they can’t squeeze the game too much. 

Our players in behind the striker are just as good as Partick’s are - let’s actually do something to get the best out of them! I mean out with that they are miles in front but y’know…

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure it’ll happen either but Watret should now be our second choice RB, and on the bench over Ahui. 

IMO, I don’t see how going 4-4-2 with those players up front changes anything, and we get absolutely ripped apart with McGeady and Chalmers wide in a four with Senga and Smith in the middle. Think I would go this:

Albinson

Young    Syla 

Chalmers        Murphy        McGeady

Amartey

Murphy to drop in and help Young/Syla, take the ball and progress it  - Amartey is physically huge so is possibly our best chance of a focal point. Worst case he van stretch Partick with his pace and ensure they can’t squeeze the game too much. 

Our players in behind the striker are just as good as Partick’s are - let’s actually do something to get the best out of them! I mean out with that they are miles in front but y’know…

Oh I would definitely have Watret in ahead of Ahui, but it will never happen unfortunately.  4231 we don't seem to create much and lone striker is always isolated IMO.  We are going to concede chances whatever formation we play, so I would rather just go a bit more balls out, might work, probably won't...

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Oh I would definitely have Watret in ahead of Ahui, but it will never happen unfortunately.  4231 we don't seem to create much and lone striker is always isolated IMO.  We are going to concede chances whatever formation we play, so I would rather just go a bit more balls out, might work, probably won't...

I know what you mean, and I do think we are fucked regardless. You are probably right about the one up front, but I still think the same will happen with two but we will then have one less good player on the park to help the midfield out. IMO it’s worth a try with all of Murphy, Chalmers and McGeady on the park as they can make a huge difference if we actually get them on the ball. 

I’m also pretty convinced Rose is terrible, but still hoping to be proved wrong!

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know what you mean, and I do think we are fucked regardless. You are probably right about the one up front, but I still think the same will happen with two but we will then have one less good player on the park to help the midfield out. IMO it’s worth a try with all of Murphy, Chalmers and McGeady on the park as they can make a huge difference if we actually get them on the ball. 

I’m also pretty convinced Rose is terrible, but still hoping to be proved wrong!

Murphy Chalmers and McGeady should provide plenty of ammunition.  3 players with a high football IQ than anyone else in our team.  With Rose, I believe there is a player there, but needs the right partner and service, not up top on his own with balls shelled at his head.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Murphy Chalmers and McGeady should provide plenty of ammunition.  3 players with a high football IQ than anyone else in our team.  With Rose, I believe there is a player there, but needs the right partner and service, not up top on his own with balls shelled at his head.

Yeah - we just don’t have good enough players at the back and in midfield to supply those guys. I’m just not sure what kind of striker Rose is, but hopefully he is just being misused and they figure it out!

We'll recall him in January and Adeloye will end up back at Ayr, watch this space. 

Think the final straw was an 18 year old in Diack getting on ahead of him when we were chasing the game on Saturday. 

Pretty clear that Doolan didn't rate him. 

Hopefully from our POV it's allowed us funds to get a free agent or Premiership loan centre half. 

And no he can't play against us while he's on loan, if the move becomes permanent in January that's different. 

Good luck to him, but I don’t think he’s up to it. His overall game has looked largely abysmal for almost a year now. Seemed on the cards when Diack came on over him at the weekend. On the positive for Ayr, he does at least have a previous track record of looking decent at this level for Arbroath, so there’s that. 

He’ll be leaving us in the summer anyway, needs to go and try to earn another full time gig somewhere.