Ayr vs Thistle

4 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Given that we have created about three half chances in the last two home games, I don't think Thistle will have any bother keeping a clean sheet. 

We haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of our 10 games this season. We’ve played 3 lower league teams at home in this run, including Spartans.

Sounds like this one is the complete opposite of “when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object”.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Sounds like this one is the complete opposite of “when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object”.

We saw that a couple of years ago when David Hopkin's Ayr took on Gus Macpherson's Morton. Thankfully Prestwick Airport isn't that busy these days.......

Two very different sides since last game at Somerset in May.

Not sure what will happen at left back, if Milne out and Ngwenya missing the Queen of the South game.

Both teams seem incapable of defending, although Ayr have managed a couple of clean sheets this season, unlike Thistle.

Got 0-0 written all over it.

2 hours ago, Jag71 said:

Two very different sides since last game at Somerset in May.

Not sure what will happen at left back, if Milne out and Ngwenya missing the Queen of the South game.

Both teams seem incapable of defending, although Ayr have managed a couple of clean sheets this season, unlike Thistle.

Got 0-0 written all over it.

Ngwenya was cup tied on Saturday as he'd played for Aberdeen B in a previous round so at this point I'd think he's fine for Friday. 

A pumping on the cards here. Hopefully not as bad as the play-off shame games.

I expect a comfortable away win by at least 2 goals, toxic atmosphere in the home end, and the bed sheets hanging up over the SRE entrance over the weekend. Good sing song in the pub after too.

Desperately hoping we can turn around these performances, I just can't see it though.

Edited by AuAl

21 hours ago, Thumper said:

This is going to be a complete doing. The plus side is that I'm seeing Fern Brady that night so will actually be enjoying myself. Until I get home and discover that Bullen still has the full support of the board.

I thought this said Fern Britton...

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He'd be a shout tbf. I'm a bit worried we get another jobber.

Yeah, I would far rather get Dowds who is a relatively big boy and can act as a focal point than a kid. We don’t even need a great striker, just someone than can do that and get the very good players we have on the ball in the final third. 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That would be pretty humiliating signing the 3rd/4th choice striker of a team were meant to be competing with. 

Chalmers was way down the pecking order at Dundee United and we signed him. Might be humiliating for members of the anti Adeloye club though.