Behaviour of our Fans

andyg83

6 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I can fully understand people's anger at people singing that Harry Kane song.

There will be many fans at the game who have friends, family members etc who have disabilities and learning difficulties etc  and to have listen to that shite being sung. There will also be fans like myself, who think it is fucking disgusting to sing that shite and anyone doing so should be ashamed of themselves. The word in that song imo is one of the most despicable things you can label at a person and is right up there with racism and homophobia. 

I was more going for the royal-based songs.  I would absolutely have an issue with the Harry Kane song just to be clear.

Can people please stop trying to draw a false equivalence between the ableist Harry Kane chant and Lizzie’s in a box.

The Kane one needs binned pronto.

The royals are fair game and you should be expecting that GSTK gets booed and the Lizzie chant gets sung against England. If that’s not for you then you might be better off at the rugby.

Shall we all start condemning Scotland’s best comedian Jerry Sadowitz too? Some people don’t like his patter, others like me love it. Fair enuff. I’ve heard worse, or better if you like, than “Lizzie in a Box” at his shows. If paying punters at Hampden want to sing about dead parasites let them. The line in GSTQ/K - “rebellious Scots to crush” - is a provocation if ever there was one. The word “crush” in this context is a euphemism for “kill”. Shall we all get on our high horses and clamour for GSTK to be banned? Of course not. That would be petty. Sticks and stones…

The English are the last lot who should be thin-skinned about terracing chants. Rule Britannia, one of their favourites, is essentially the glorification of war, imperialism, suppression, slavery and death. They play it every year at the Albert Hall too. It’ officially sanctioned. Should we ask them to ban it, claiming it upsets our tender little hearts? Sticks and stones…

Maybe the Tartan Army might have to be renamed the Twee Army if all the moral guardians out there get their way

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't think we should be booing opposition anthems, even England's.

But they chose their anthem so that's on them.

Sing Jerusalem and I'll stand silent.

Think we've only booed Israel and England that I'm aware of.  Joined at both and would do it again.  

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think we've only booed Israel and England that I'm aware of.  Joined at both and would do it again.  

And Lichtenstein(?- might have been Luxembourg ) but that was because hardly anyone knows what their anthem was and thought that gstq was getting played for Scotland.

I genuinely cannot believe the Harry Kane gets an airing in 2023. It's not just a few bad apples either, a sizeable minority - enough to make it heard around most of the stadium. Surprised there's not more being made in the media about that rather than the anthems or Maguire as we wouldn't have a leg to stand on on that.

The rest of it I could not give a flying f**k about.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

And Lichtenstein(?- might have been Luxembourg ) but that was because hardly anyone knows what their anthem was and thought that gstq was getting played for Scotland.

At the away game in Vaduz in 2011 the PA announcer said before the teams came out to the Scotland fans that although their anthem had the same tune as the English anthem the words were totally different so please don't boo it, and nobody did.

As for Tuesday, it was always going to be a mess, I came more or less straight from work in Glasgow so was sober whereas you've had folk coming from further afield taking the day off and absolutely wrecked, it's always going to be magnified with England as the opposition (and both bits of Ireland as also said), and you notice the bad stuff more when you're sober.

At Scotland home games you can normally work out what team any loud arsehole supports after a few of their shouts. My favourite one on Tuesday was someone calling the (Italian) ref an "orange c*nt" which might have referred to the colour of his shirt I suppose, but was more likely their default insult for any ref who gives a decision against their team.

The Kane stuff is obviously not on, in addition to the chants there was one guy within my earshot who shouted a couple of time to "kill that fuckin m***o" when Kane had the ball but someone told him to shut the f**k up and it stopped.

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I presume that you weren't at the Republic of Ireland game? Or the Costa Rica game? Surely the most bizarre booing of a national anthem ever. Both of these were heard in the North Stand

But, IMHO, disrupting a minutes silence for the late Craig Brown & the victims of the earthquakes in North Africa (by numbers of both supports) is far, far worse than booing a national anthem  

Guest DannyBlue
16 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I genuinely cannot believe the Harry Kane gets an airing in 2023. It's not just a few bad apples either, a sizeable minority - enough to make it heard around most of the stadium. Surprised there's not more being made in the media about that rather than the anthems or Maguire as we wouldn't have a leg to stand on on that.

The rest of it I could not give a flying f**k about.

Completely agree. The song is pretty terrible, and a fair few Scotland fans will feel absolute shite about themselves upon hearing that.

The rest of the stuff is just faux outrage being driven by English football's collective narcissism