Queens v Morton | Shite meets Shite

Shite meets shite indeed.  

One single, solitary point taken in total over both teams' last five, (Morton).

Given its forecast to rain constantly between now and Friday, God only knows what state that Hampden pitch will be in....one for the purists/sadists.

Edited by Spider1975

6 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Hampden

????? I thought you lot had a new purpose-built-to-order stadium, fully compliant and ready for prospective future Premiership entry? I saw photos of the enormous directors/VIP's section and then realised how monumentally vast the rest of it must be. What's the problem exactly? Are the builders still waiting for a skip?

9 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

????? I thought you lot had a new purpose-built-to-order stadium, fully compliant and ready for prospective future Premiership entry? I saw photos of the enormous directors/VIP's section and then realised how monumentally vast the rest of it must be. What's the problem exactly? Are the builders still waiting for a skip?

After three years if we knocked down our purpose built stadium we’d only need one skip. Assuming we left the directors box alone that is. 

On 30/09/2023 at 23:48, ClydeTon said:

I don't even want to think about this. QP are shocking at the moment, and seem to be struggling especially with the Hampden pitch size. The 'Philosophy' is working a charm.

Of course, that means a pumping's probably inbound.

Not much wrong with the size of the pitch. Other factors to blame.

If we're to pump you, we'll need to score four as we'll probably lose three. I'll take that.

Home win.

22 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

More a reference to the unique and long standing water retention levels of both pitches at the Hampden 'complex'.

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not much wrong with the size of the pitch. Other factors to blame.

If we're to pump you, we'll need to score four as we'll probably lose three. I'll take that.

Home win.

Aye right...if we are gonnae score four against this mob I'm a Dutchman......................Hey!.....wacht een minuut!!!

Seethe is more likely with a draw that suits no one. The losing side here will already at the point of defeated resignation to their fate.

Our best chance here is to get as close as possible to the style of play of last season, knowing that Queen's Park will play a high line and look to pass it out to the point of dogmatism we have to press them properly. That means getting as close as possible to our strongest team from last season, so none of Broadfoot, Power or Boyd in the starting XI. We have the options to do that now.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Seethe is more likely with a draw that suits no one. The losing side here will already at the point of defeated resignation to their fate.

Our best chance here is to get as close as possible to the style of play of last season, knowing that Queen's Park will play a high line and look to pass it out to the point of dogmatism we have to press them properly. That means getting as close as possible to our strongest team from last season, so none of Broadfoot, Power or Boyd in the starting XI. We have the options to do that now.

Is Quitongo still injured for you guys? Our stupidly high line would get absolutely rinsed by his pace on the counter

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's been clear for weeks now that Broadfoot shouldn't start, but the other two are more complicated. If Power starts, it should be as an out-and-out holding player, patrolling 30 square yards in front of the back four, allowing Gillespie to play more as a number 8; I don't have a problem with that, although the alternative -- Gillespie, Blues, and Crawford -- is obviously better for the press.

And Boyd missing out is less important than Imrie getting this bullshit about Muirhead starting on the right out of his head (again). Muirhead left and McGrattan right or Boyd left and McGrattan right are both acceptable; Boyd left and Muirhead right is not.

The best way to get both Oakley and Muirhead in the team and do without Power and Boyd is to go 4-2-3-1 and play Crawford left and McGrattan right. That might be the answer, at least until Quitongo is back.

Who knew we'd be looking at a relegation six-pointer on the first Saturday in October, eh?

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Is Quitongo still injured for you guys? Our stupidly high line would get absolutely rinsed by his pace on the counter

Seems like he might be out for a while, so play the line as high as you want. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Sadly yes mate. Looks like he’s out for a while yet. Much-missed, a real keystone in our attack.

38 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Sadly yes mate. Looks like he’s out for a while yet. Much-missed, a real keystone in our attack.

Ideal. His end product is useless but he’s so direct that he pulls defenders out of position and opens space for others. Caused many problems against us last season at Cappielow

Just near enough impossible to get a full season out of him with his injury record 

42 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Just near enough impossible to get a full season out of him with his injury record 

He's been really unlucky with injuries, but he managed 32 appearances in all competitions last year, most of them from the start. By some distance his highest tally.