Annan v Queens

1 hour ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Looking forward to this today. Think there's more pressure on Queens than Annan about expectations. 

Admit Annan were poor at Palmerston earlier this season but are now getting to grip with league one football. Can't see this being a goal fest and would love to see any of the ex six Queens players at Annan scoring. Total scenes if Gibson senior gets the winner!

Enjoy the day out and hope the best team wins, as long as their in Black and Gold !

Being the big team in the area, and full time, obviously puts more pressure on Queens, especially given our recent bad run. If we can avoid our fast, ball playing players  falling victim to injury from Annan's, shall we say over physical style of play, then we might just scrape a win. Would be nice to put the wee team  back in their place (again) and show why the band of Queens cast-offs were let go. Hoping for a good clean contest, doubtful when Annan's involved though. Scenes if Wullie Gibson gets sent off after scoring an og. Natural order to continue. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Being the big team in the area, and full time, obviously puts more pressure on Queens, especially given our recent bad run. If we can avoid our fast, ball playing players  falling victim to injury from Annan's, shall we say over physical style of play, then we might just scrape a win. Would be nice to put the wee team  back in their place (again) and show why the band of Queens cast-offs were let go. Hoping for a good clean contest, doubtful when Annan's involved though. Scenes if Wullie Gibson gets sent off after scoring an og. Natural order to continue. 

Well this will never backfire spectacularly 😂

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Delusional or unjustified signs of entitlement...🤔 

22 hours ago, annanbear said:

Cant wait for tomorrow. Having 2 away games and the international break it seems alot longer then 4 weeks since we had a home game. If we want to survive this league then getting results at home is a must. Anyone know how the lad from Preston is getting on after his accident?

Think the only supporters looking forward to the game are of Annan persuasion. I fear the worst every time we play now and when I look at the players in our squad it is hardly surprising.

Just now, bod said:

Disappointing young Gibson is dropped.

...but on the bright side it looks like we are going with 2 up front, possibly for the first time under Marvin.

Surely he's not adopting a 4-4-2 like some fans have been calling for?

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Great tactic to fire up the opposition. One to be posted on the Annan dressing room wall. Embarrassing post. By the way I’ve actually found Annan to be physical but fair. Sonething we need to match today. 

4 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Great tactic to fire up the opposition. One to be posted on the Annan dressing room wall. Embarrassing post. By the way I’ve actually found Annan to be physical but fair. Sonething we need to match today. 

Aye, I'm sure the Annan players and manager scan P&B lbefore a game looking for opposition fans posts to gee them up. I'll take your advice about embarrassing posts though from an expert like you. 

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

11 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Great tactic to fire up the opposition. One to be posted on the Annan dressing room wall. Embarrassing post ...

C'mon, FTB's clearly just having a wee bit of fun here, nothing wrong with a wee wind up ahead of a derby match ...

Well we're really quite shite. Thankfully Goss is still as good as I remember him; if he could finish Annan would be comfortably ahead the now. Law of averages says even he must finish one eventually if we keep gifting them chances. 

Brydon going off is massive. Annan visibly improved once he went off - not coincidence for me. 

Annan will still fancy their chances here and so they should. If we can get another we might sneak a win here. 

A bit of a half of two halves, that.  First 20 minutes we had plenty of the ball but as per usual created very little.  Then Annan got going with Goss squandering a couple of really good chances.  Brydon injured again - how many hammy injuries have we had this season now?  Made of glass this lot.  On a brighter note I'd be surprised if Muir doesn't pick up another booking and get sent packing at some point.