Annan v Queens

16 minutes ago, annanbear said:

The better team lost. Queens were terrible 

You were better but you were still absolutely shite.

Don't think I've ever left a game after a win so dejected. Annan really are absolutely gutter and we didn't look any better. Botterill my MOTM closely followed by Tommy Goss; if he wasn't so pish Annan would have won. And there's still folk in our support who think he was worth another shot?! 

Thankfully I had a shite view of the game so it wasn't so bad. If Annan think they were robbed today they should have went to the pie stall to feel what true robbery is. 

At the risk of being positive ... we got the three points and we broke that dreadful run of defeats.  Sometimes a win's a win.

Gutted to hear about Brydon's injury - nae luck eh?

Another big game against Cove next week.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

At the risk of being positive ... we got the three points and we broke that dreadful run of defeats.  Sometimes a win's a win.

Gutted to hear about Brydon's injury - nae luck eh?

Another big game against Cove next week.

I'd have bitten your hand off for 1-0 (even a draw tbh) this morning. So looking at it as black and white it's more than I expected. It's just the performance tbh. We scored and other than a sitter from Reilly in the second half I can't think any other really good chances we created. Shortly after the goal we looked to come close but I wasn't sure how close as as I say, my view was shite. 

If that was Falkirk today I'd be absolutely buzzing we dug out a result but we were playing against relegation fodder and looked no better than them. We showed absolutely no composure on the ball and looked the side likely to concede. If it was a one off then I'd move on but it just highlighted our problems again and the reality being once we come up against someone not as shite as Goss then we're going to get hammered. 

Still it was a win for the "get it up the park!"/"play 2 up front!!" brigade today at least :lol:

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd have bitten your hand off for 1-0 (even a draw tbh) this morning. So looking at it as black and white it's more than I expected. It's just the performance tbh. We scored and other than a sitter from Reilly in the second half I can't think any other really good chances we created. Shortly after the goal we looked to come close but I wasn't sure how close as as I say, my view was shite. 

If that was Falkirk today I'd be absolutely buzzing we dug out a result but we were playing against relegation fodder and looked no better than them. We showed absolutely no composure on the ball and looked the side likely to concede. If it was a one off then I'd move on but it just highlighted our problems again and the reality being once we come up against someone not as shite as Goss then we're going to get hammered. 

Still it was a win for the "get it up the park!"/"play 2 up front!!" brigade today at least :lol:

Aye, thanks for the feedback (appreciated) ... I picked up that we were dross, so tried to pick something positive from the bare bones ...

7 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Honestly, the result is the only positive from today!

Agreed. Overall, the other positive is that there are only two decent teams in this league. Not to dismiss how abject we've been so far but we are still only one win away from the play offs. Mad, I know.

1 hour ago, annanbear said:

The better team lost. Queens were terrible 

Fair play to Annan, raised their game, put in a plucky performance but in the end it's goals that count. I'll settle for playing terrible and picking up points, 6 from Annan already. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Fair play to Annan, raised their game, put in a plucky performance but in the end it's goals that count. I'll settle for playing terrible and picking up points, 6 from Annan already. 

Annan are my favourite team in the league. Half our points have come from them. Long live Athletic.

As others have said the performance was woeful - we really are unwatchable under Bartley. Multiple substitutions and yet Lewis Gibson not deemed good enough to get a run out .If I was Gibson I would ask to have the contract terminated or go out on loan somewhere because he is completely undervalued at Palmerston. I expect his Dad will be desperate to find him a new club at the earliest opportunity. Goss had a stinker but at least he got into some great positions - contrast that with our own Hutchinson who offers next to nothing. I would love to know the rationale behind the two year deal.

GK played very solidly - his handling and positional play were great. Ambrose did well to stem the tide but really holding on for dear life against Annan in L1 sums up how far we have fallen. No disrespect to Annan - they were comfortably the better side and deserved at least a draw.

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

As others have said the performance was woeful - we really are unwatchable under Bartley. Multiple substitutions and yet Lewis Gibson not deemed good enough to get a run out .If I was Gibson I would ask to have the contract terminated or go out on loan somewhere because he is completely undervalued at Palmerston. I expect his Dad will be desperate to find him a new club at the earliest opportunity. Goss had a stinker but at least he got into some great positions - contrast that with our own Hutchinson who offers next to nothing. I would love to know the rationale behind the two year deal.

I don't think Gibson is undervalued, he just seems to have had bad luck with his injuries/fitness.

Goss got into good positions because his side got the ball into decent positions for him. Can you recall him creating a chance for himself/can you recall us giving any of the strikers any chances as good as Goss got? The problem isn't the strikers. It's no good Goss getting there if he can't finish. I don't think Hutchinson is going to score a barrel load based on what I've seen so far. But I'm willing to give him longer than 3 starts and a handful of sub appearances before I completely dismiss him tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

GK played very solidly - his handling and positional play were great. Ambrose did well to stem the tide but really holding on for dear life against Annan in L1 sums up how far we have fallen. No disrespect to Annan - they were comfortably the better side and deserved at least a draw.

As someone said i have never came away from a game so down after a win .

We were miles off it a on form Goss and we lose that game .

We don't like the physical stuff only ball Annan lost in the air was for the goal  far to many passengers today .

We are miles away from a Top 4 team plus we lost our best defender bottom line we somehow  won move on 

3 points is 3 points. Sometimes you just have to grind out results.

How good was efe and how poor was our captain Cochrane,?

Can someone tell me how Gibson didn't get on the pitch today?

Edited by bod

16 minutes ago, bod said:

3 points is 3 points. Sometimes you just have to grind out results.

How good was efe and how poor was our captain Cochrane,?

Can someone tell me how Gibson didn't get on the pitch today?

Rumour I heard today was that young Gibson has been asking the Manager why he is getting so little game time. If true a perfectly reasonable question that most of us are asking?

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Rumour I heard today was that young Gibson has been asking the Manager why he is getting so little game time. If true a perfectly reasonable question that most of us are asking?

Did he not pick up a knock against Arbroath?  I wondered if he missed some training during the week or just wasn't deemed to be fully fit today.

All the same, he may be a couple of years younger than most of our squad but he's definitely a better player, and as the old cliche goes "if you're good enough you're old enough" in my book.