Annan v Queens

Just now, HighlandQueen said:

Don’t drag this forum into the gutter of religious bigotry please

I’ve met Campbell and he seemed a very knowledgeable football guy. A friend of mine played centre half for him at Forfar and said he was the best manager he ever played under. 

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

On to the football, this is a game queens really should be winning (could have said the same about the last 2 league games but look what happened there). Despite the awful form, I am fairly confident of win here as Annan looked terrible in the game at Palmerston. Since then Annan have managed a few good results against some of the other lesser teams in the league, but I still don’t think they’ll have enough to trouble queens too much on Saturday. 

Annan were missing a few key players for the game at Palmerston the likes of Tommy Goss and others will be back for Saturday .

We will hopefully have a few players back from injury.

Our season must start on Saturday with a win or changes will have to be made .

This has home win written all over it if you go with the form book, if you have seen any of our previous 5 defeats you would agree with that too. We have to show a reaction to end this dismal run and no better time than a local derby. Up and at em right from the start and win the battle, yeah I know how ludicrous that sounds as our players don’t seem up for any sort of battle. 

7 hours ago, Broony88 said:

This has home win written all over it if you go with the form book, if you have seen any of our previous 5 defeats you would agree with that too. We have to show a reaction to end this dismal run and no better time than a local derby. Up and at em right from the start and win the battle, yeah I know how ludicrous that sounds as our players don’t seem up for any sort of battle. 

To be fair there were a few "green shoots" on Saturday.

2 hours ago, bod said:

Great to see the interest and excitement of this local derby is at fever pitch.

Yeah I can’t wait - getting beat week after week after week doesn’t exactly have me looking forward to the next one.

Edited by Dougie Mills

12 hours ago, bod said:

Great to see the interest and excitement of this local derby is at fever pitch.

Annan fans appear to be even less excited by this one going by their lack of comments on here. As for Queens fans, lethargy is understandable considering the position we're in and recent results. Like a few others I'm going to this one more in hope than expectation. Being a vital  "derby" probably won't mean much to most QoS players coming from outwith the Dumfriesshire area anyway. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Annan fans appear to be even less excited by this one going by their lack of comments on here. As for Queens fans, lethargy is understandable considering the position we're in and recent results. Like a few others I'm going to this one more in hope than expectation. Being a vital  "derby" probably won't mean much to most QoS players coming from outwith the Dumfriesshire area anyway. 

Plenty local lads in our squad to tell them the importance of it….. 

41 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Plenty local lads in our squad to tell them the importance of it….. 

Do you think they actually speak to each other, never seems to be much inter-action before or during games. Shouldn't matter if it's a derby or not, we should expect plenty of effort in every game. It probably means more to fans than players anyway. 

13 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Yeah I can’t wait - getting beat week after week after week doesn’t exactly have me looking forward to the next one.

13 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Five league defeats on the spin, is that surprising?

You could look at it as a win win for us then. Win and break this atrocious streak we're on. Lose and Bartley would surely have to go.

Don't ask me why but I actually think we'll scrape a win. There were signs of improvement last week and if we have guys coming back our bench will be stronger for when we need to make changes. I certainly wouldn't be changing formation but maybe minimal personnel changes to the starting lineup.

Our away form hasn't been that bad.

Annan must be fancying their chances, understandable. Murphy has done exceptionally well since he was signed 6 or so years ago.

Anyway here's hoping for a win and the weather being kind, especially for Queens supporters on the terracing.

Edited by bod

57 minutes ago, bod said:

You could look at it as a win win for us then. Win and break this atrocious streak we're on. Lose and Bartley would surely have to go.

Don't ask me why but I actually think we'll scrape a win. There were signs of improvement last week and if we have guys coming back our bench will be stronger for when we need to make changes. I certainly wouldn't be changing formation but maybe minimal personnel changes to the starting lineup.

Our away form hasn't been that bad.

Annan must be fancying their chances, understandable. Murphy has done exceptionally well since he was signed 6 or so years ago.

Anyway here's hoping for a win and the weather being kind, especially for Queens supporters on the terracing.

I don't think Bartley will be going anywhere regardless of the outcome tomorrow. And who is your replacement, out of interest? 

Cant wait for tomorrow. Having 2 away games and the international break it seems alot longer then 4 weeks since we had a home game. If we want to survive this league then getting results at home is a must. Anyone know how the lad from Preston is getting on after his accident?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think Bartley will be going anywhere regardless of the outcome tomorrow. And who is your replacement, out of interest? 

Football is all about results if you are losing the odd game then that is fine but to lose so many just can't go on .

I really hope Marv starts to turn it around starting at Annan.

Looking forward to this today. Think there's more pressure on Queens than Annan about expectations. 

Admit Annan were poor at Palmerston earlier this season but are now getting to grip with league one football. Can't see this being a goal fest and would love to see any of the ex six Queens players at Annan scoring. Total scenes if Gibson senior gets the winner!

Enjoy the day out and hope the best team wins, as long as their in Black and Gold !

Edited by Hauftimedraw
Typo