Thistle vs Dundee United - 21 October 2023

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Maybe the Utd fans that were there can clarify whether it was the same player that kicked McInroy in the head when he was on the ground and elbowed Neilson in the face before Holt scored your 2nd goal ? It looked like Moult to me both times. 

It was Moult who was booked for leading with his arm and who tried to kick the ball when your man was lying on the ground with it in his hands. Not sure there was much in either incident.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

It was Moult who was booked for leading with his arm and who tried to kick the ball when your man was lying on the ground with it in his hands. Not sure there was much in either incident.

Aye, after the free kick had been given and still kicked him in the head. He was lucky to still be on the park just for the arm ! to Neilson’s face alone.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Aye, after the free kick had been given and still kicked him in the head. He was lucky to still be on the park just for the arm ! to Neilson’s face alone.

That's put a right dampener on our 5-0 win, let me tell you.

Well done on being able to type so accurately through the tears, though. Fair play

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

That's put a right dampener on our 5-0 win, let me tell you.

Well done on being able to type so accurately through the tears, though. Fair play

Fair play would have been great. Whether us playing against 10 would have made a lot of difference, who knows.

8 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Acted as a bit of an idiot, I'd say, especially as he appeared to have been a carer. 

It all seemed quite calm initially, then more and more stewards arrived. He started to lead the wee led up the stairs to someone else, then something happened on the stairs that caused him to completely lose the head with one of the stewards.

It was all very odd, and could have been completely avoided if he hadn't been a dick and gone on the pitch in the first place

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It all seemed quite calm initially, then more and more stewards arrived. He started to lead the wee led up the stairs to someone else, then something happened on the stairs that caused him to completely lose the head with one of the stewards.

It was all very odd, and could have been completely avoided if he hadn't been a dick and gone on the pitch in the first place

I think that's because he patched the initial stewards trying to have a word with him after he got back off the pitch, then the backup quickly arrived to boot him out. 

17 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Some unbiased commentary here.

First goal is pretty remarkable, letting Sibbald just drift into the space and finish... one for the staff to look at and improve on. Partially wonder if its a lack of height/not trusting Sneddon to command the six yard box so we kind of crowd that area, but theres a couple of thistle players at the edge of the frame who dont seem to be marking anyone...

Second is way, way too soft from us. Better hit than i first thought tbf, leaning less to apportioning blame to Sneddon on that angle.

Third is a really good cross to the back post.

Left at that, nothing on the red card there. Again - incredibly soft from a set piece for Holt to inadvertently bundle in, think we really need to figure out a setup for defending corners. If we're confident on the ball then great, but its just too easy still. Even crowding in front of the keeper doesnt stop us conceding.

Penalty just one of them things - hope you appreciate and enjoy Holty while hes at tannadice, love a goalscoring centre half, we dont really have any now 🥺 (McMillan can bag a few tbf but Milne is out of sorts and Aero's are mainly pens)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely