Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It seems clear to me Clarke had a look at Turnbull and didn't really fancy him, hence him basically disappearing from squads of late.

A bit like everyone else.  

The Armstrong news is slightly concerning, but either with him or without him Turnbull most likely can’t be under consideration. 

McGinn, McTominay, McGregor, Gilmour, Christie, McLean.

These are the 6 who will be there if they stay fit. I would expect Jack to join them if he’s fit by June, leaving one more spot (probably an attacker) for the midfield. 

If Fraser hasn’t repaired his relationship with Clarke then it actually become a bit hard to ignore Gauld, especially if the squad is 26 rather than 23. 

If it’s still a 23 man squad then I think Clarke might just take the 7 midfielders and bring an extra defender.

1 hour ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

If Fraser hasn’t repaired his relationship with Clarke then it actually become a bit hard to ignore Gauld, especially if the squad is 26 rather than 23. 

Whatever issue there was between Ryan Fraser and Steve Clarke was some time ago. My understanding is the situation was left with Fraser having lost any loyalty and had to earn his place back through his club performances.

Spoiler

I had a chat with Ryan (Fraser). There was a situation in November when Ryan didn't come with the squad but trained with his club. Ryan has apologised for that situation. I had a good chat with him but I've decided not to pick him in this camp. We've agreed that Ryan's club form will determine whether he's involved in the next camps. Basically it's down to Ryan on how he performs for his club.

He's done well recently. I've watched him live and I've seen him. I had a conversation with Ryan and we are both in agreement that this is the right way forward.

Steve Clarke, March 2022

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/steve-clarke-reveals-ryan-fraser-apology-as-he-addresses-newcastle-wingers-scotland-future-3612611

Spoiler

Yes, he’s injured (Ryan Fraser). I said in March his performances for Newcastle would dictate whether was back in contention and I think he’s played about six minutes last week, when he came off the bench after his injury. So that probably answers that one.

Steve Clarke, May-2022

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-explains-scott-wright-27045797

Spoiler

I think that’s unfair. In March I had a discussion with Ryan. He wasn’t playing at Newcastle and it was better for him to stay there and get himself in the team then he would be selected based on performances for Newcastle. He was injured in the summer so I couldn’t pick him then. Now he’s in the team and performing well at the start of the season and he’s in the squad. He improves the squad.

It’s just a picture. You can always go on the training pitch even though you’ve got an injury. He probably wasn’t training flat out but would have been working towards his recovery. If I wasn’t totally satisfied, he wouldn’t be in the squad.

Steve Clarke, Sep-2022

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/21401258.scotland-manager-steve-clarke-explains-newcastle-united-training-photo-ryan-fraser-recall/

Fraser didn't play any football with Newcastle after Scotland's friendly with Turkey in Nov-22 (his last call-up) and so we can understand why he wasn't selected for the Mar-23 or Jun-23 camps. He subsequently moved to Southampton on loan in Aug-23 and hasn't been called up since.

Clarke can't be that upset if he recalled him after the original incident in Nov-2021. The information is there - if you don't want to believe it then that's up to you. 

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Whatever issue there was between Ryan Fraser and Steve Clarke was some time ago. My understanding is the situation was left with Fraser having lost any loyalty and had to earn his place back through his club performances.

Fraser didn't play any football with Newcastle after Scotland's friendly with Turkey in Nov-22 (his last call-up) and so it makes sense that he wasn't selected for the Mar-23 or Jun-23 camps. He subsequently moved to Southampton on loan in Aug-23 and hasn't been called up since.

Take it or leave it, but Clarke can't be that fickle if he recalled him after the original incident in Nov-2021. The information is there - if you don't want to believe it then that's up to you. 

You keep peddling this pish but it's a load of shite. 

The most obvious reason he's not in the squad is that Clarke doesn't want players in around the squad  with bad attitudes now and for a while we had a lot of other attacking players to get by plus we had a successful period.

There's plenty of players getting picked who were not playing a lot for their clubs so this can't be used against him. 

Considering we now have a few injuries and we could do with alternative options coming off the bench made clear by our recent form, Fraser must be included as we don't have many other options. 

15 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

The most obvious reason he's not in the squad is that Clarke doesn't want players in around the squad  with bad attitudes now and for a while we had a lot of other attacking players to get by plus we had a successful period.

Then why was Ryan Fraser included in Sep-22 and Nov-22? Why do the well sourced quotes provided say the issue was resolved after a 'good chat'?  What you're saying doesn't fit the facts available in terms of both Clarke's actions and his words. There's nothing objective to support 'your truth'. 

Edited by 2426255

Gauld scored again last night; a very McTominay-esque goal:

The commentator talking about him "drawing" the first half red card is amusing. The dude stamped on the back of his calf.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Then why was Ryan Fraser included in Sep-22 and Nov-22? Why do the well sourced quotes provided say the issue was resolved after a 'good chat'?  What you're saying doesn't fit the facts available in terms of both Clarke's actions and his words. There's nothing objective to support 'your truth'. 

Because we are Scotland and we lack depth and Clarke has changed his mind on him once or twice. 

There's plenty of stories at each of his previous clubs of him taking the piss so sounds like he is bit of a bad egg. 

What do you expect your sources to say lol... Do you always believe everything you read in the newspapers? 

7 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Do you always believe everything you read in the newspapers? 

Ironic. Look, it's up to you if you want to believe the newspapers stories that he's a bad egg, but not the verbatim quotes from Steve Clarke saying have sorted any previous issues. I'm not here to convince you, just put the information out there. Isn't it good news anyway given how keen you are to have him recalled? 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

Ironic. Look, it's up to you if you want to believe the newspapers stories that he's a bad egg, but not the verbatim quotes from Steve Clarke saying have sorted any previous issues. I'm not here to convince you, just put the information out there. Isn't it good news anyway given how keen you are to have him recalled? 

I wouldn't always read into what managers say, he ain't gonna slag him off to the media is he when he potentially may need him at some point... 

It's not just newspaper articles, it's also on football forums, TV etc of issues that have occured.

The way you post is always trying to convince others to the way you perceive things and that everyone that disagrees with your viewpoint is essentially incorrect, very ironic. 

It's not just me saying he should he included, pretty much every poster on here agrees apart from you 

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

I wouldn't always read into what managers say, he ain't gonna slag him off to the media is he when he potentially may need him at some point... 

It's not just newspaper articles, it's also on football forums, TV etc of issues that have occured.

The way you post is always trying to convince others to the way you perceive things and that everyone that disagrees with your viewpoint is essentially incorrect, very ironic. 

It's not just me saying he should he included, pretty much every poster on here agrees apart from you 

Sand Dancer, you've got to be up there as one of the worst posters on the TA forums from the first day you came on here. 😂 Crack on though, everyone's welcome.  

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Sand Dancer, you've got to be up there as one of the worst posters on the TA forums from the first day you came on here. 😂 Crack on though, everyone's welcome.  

"Numberwang" That is very rich coming from yourself and you're obviously obsessed with this Sand Dancer bloke considering you keep calling me that, very weird.

Try better. 

1 hour ago, Alan Twelve said:

Gauld scored again last night; a very McTominay-esque goal:

The commentator talking about him "drawing" the first half red card is amusing. The dude stamped on the back of his calf.

Outrageous he hasn't been capped yet, what a waste of a talent.

Instead we have the likes of a Greg Taylor or Liam Kelly in the squad, yipeeee.

Edited by Butters Scotch

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Kelly Clark has been keeping Gauld out the squad for far too long now it's a fucking DISGRACE

Tierney just on for Sociedad. Good to see.

Hahaha I wished we had her in the squad, she would be just as useful as Liam Kelly anyway

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

"Numberwang" That is very rich coming from yourself and you're obviously obsessed with this Sand Dancer bloke considering you keep calling me that, very weird.

Try better. 

I've been posting on here a fair while and have absolutely no idea who Sand Dancer is🤣

Honestly just stick him on ignore mate your not going to get any sense.

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I've been posting on here a fair while and have absolutely no idea who Sand Dancer is🤣

Honestly just stick him on ignore mate your not going to get any sense.

He's gone full fruit loop! 

Yeah may have to ignore him again at this rate 

2 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I've been posting on here a fair while and have absolutely no idea who Sand Dancer is

Funny that considering you were all over his thread commending him for suggesting we drop Callum McGregor. 2nd top poster after your man aka long time lurker aka @Butters Scotch.

Edited by 2426255