Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Had more than enough chances to win the game and we're solid enough not to lose it. But gift Raith a chance and they are likely to take it.

Pressure on now at Morton for McPake to get a result and hopefully a goal not great timing for all our strikers to hit a barron patch.

Good to see Bene back and hope Breen isn't out too long, just as in injury list was back to being manageable.

Referee had a good game up until the shambles of the corner bit of experience needed there and the policing of the town centre was hilariously poor hope the injured folk are okay but really didn't look great.

Absolutely glorious. I'd be interested to know the last time we got a 90th minute winner in a derby. We've seen a few equalisers, but never one to take all three points. 

It's been touched on a few times elsewhere, but this season's side definitely have a resilience about them we've sorely lacked for a few years. We were so far off it today it was unreal, and yet we're at a point where we're yet to concede a goal in the final 15 minutes. Even at 87 minutes in, I felt that there was the chance we'd pull a suckerpunch and by f**k it was funny when we did. Kevin Dabrowski deserves a huge amount of credit for everything he's done since that mistake in the Queens Park game - there's been a lot of questions asked about him but he was completely sensational today. 

Dunfermline's high press caused us no end of problems, and we played like we had Jack Hamilton up top to hold the ball, as opposed to Lewis Vaughan and Callum Smith who by their very nature will never be those types of players. Stanton didn't have the best game, but all it took was one moment. There's just something about this team where you can't help but love watching them because there's always a moment there. We didn't have that last season by a long stretch.

The management team will have a lot to dig through on the back of the game. But for now I hope every single Rovers fan has an absolutely glorious evening. We've been through a lot over the last few years, so it makes days like today all the better. 

On a final note - James McPake is greeting in press saying that "they wouldn't have celebrated like that" and that he'd be "disappointed if his staff celebrated like that". The man was literally goading United fans up at Tannadice after bottling a 1-0 lead. Absolutely delicious to see him greeting about it. 

Excellent finish by Stanton in all fairness, performance wise much better (from the players that started). O'Halloran, Chalmers and Wighton just offered absolutely nothing and killed any momentum we had in the game.

The shooting is just horrific, Dabrowski had 1 or 2 top saves but most of the shots were hit with little power straight at him. McPake just needs to find a spark from somewhere going forward as right now I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. 

Sign of a good team for the Rovers as I thought they looked poor today but punished us for slack defending. As expected we're having a bit of a rollercoaster season but that's the championship for most teams. 

27 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Both shots looked straight at him to me, would be horrified if keeper conceded either.

First save was a nice turn, in space in the box hit down low and a good save but second was a poor attempt and comfortable for dabrowski to get to. 

21 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A poor spectacle overall but not a game we ever should have lost. However, got what we deserved for attempting to settle for a goalless draw with half an hour to go.

Goal was terrible defending and it allowed Rovers to nick three points when they’d barely threatened all afternoon. Just asking for it when you sit back like that.

Felt we were actually pretty decent for the first hour or so and certainly should have been in front. McCann’s knock seemed to hurt us and the injuries for Bene and Fisher are real blows as well.

Three defeats in a row now and haven’t scored a goal during that spell. With a tricky game at Cappielow on Friday - followed by free-scoring United arriving at EEP - could be fast approaching a really tricky spell for McPake.

Have to say, scenes before the game in town were just ridiculous, as were the handbags from players and coaching staff at the end. Reflects poorly on all involved.

What happened in town? Haven't seen anything about it. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

First save was a nice turn, in space in the box hit down low and a good save but second was a poor attempt and comfortable for dabrowski to get to. 

What happened in town? Haven't seen anything about it. 

I heard there was fighting on Link's Street before the game,  just outside the Estuary.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

James “classy” mcpake greeting about us celebrating 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂 aye James you set the standard right enough 😂

IMG_3769.jpeg

“Every time we play Dunfermline they think they’ve had the better of us, but we tend to find a win to beat them.” Ian Murray post match 👏👏😃

Edited by embow

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

As much as Dunfermline were absolutely stinking today, and arguably the worst side we’ve played this season, if they have a successful January transfer window, and change their manager, they might just stay in the Championship. 

All the best to them! 

Trying far too hard

I’ve just been sent this. Apparently Dunfermline had this pinned up all over their training ground this week.

Perhaps McPake and his players should spend more time on trying to find a way to beat us than on worrying about our social media output.

C9A8963B-FCF9-470A-94E7-825CEAB2A0DD.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Couple of videos on Twitter. Can't tell who's who. 

I heard Dunfermline walked along links street about a 100 strong and the polis were behind them 🤦🏻‍♂️, some rovers boys in the estuary came out and obviously a few clashes🤦🏻‍♂️ heard Danny dyer and a camera 🎥 crew were reporting live 😂

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’ve just been sent this. Apparently Dunfermline had this pinned up all over their training ground this week.

Perhaps McPake and his players should spend more time on trying to find a way to beat us than on worrying about our social media output.

C9A8963B-FCF9-470A-94E7-825CEAB2A0DD.jpeg

Ahahahaha