The Bairns Vs The Pointless Stingy b*****ds

Stevie Whotherington?

From what I have seen, aside from us away, Montrose away is the next tough test game for Hamilton so to have them facing that at 1730 gives some added spice to this one. It would go down as a really good win to get despite the fact that we have done well against Alloa of late. 

I think Chipper maybe tries a bit too hard against us. 

Anyway, I'd expect to see Calvin Miller starting in place of Gary Oliver. Aside from that, I guess it's all about whether or not Morrison and Yeats make it. Bisland for Yeats if not. And if Morrison doesn't make it, either Ethan Ross starts, or Oliver stays in and Alfie goes right.....

Miller, Agyeman and Ross would interesting. 

Eta like last week though, as we enter the second round of games my belief remains the same that in general, pumpings will for the most part be replaced by tough games.

Edited by Bairnardo

Although they’ll probably feel they’ve underperformed a bit so far Alloa I think do have a decent enough squad on paper and chipper is a very capable coach so I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it tough for us but there’s something different about us this season, even when we seem up against it you always feel we’ve got that extra gear. I’m going Falkirk to win by a single goal and Hamilton to drop points against Montrose. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Think the team pretty much picks itself with everyone available

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Miller
MacIver

If Long and Yeats are out, Hogarth and Bisland to slot in

If Morrison and Agyeman are out, Ross and Oliver to slot in 

The latter two would be bigger misses so hopefully they will be ok 

On 24/10/2023 at 14:45, LatapyBairn. said:

Although they’ll probably feel they’ve underperformed a bit so far Alloa I think do have a decent enough squad on paper and chipper is a very capable coach so I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it tough for us but there’s something different about us this season, even when we seem up against it you always feel we’ve got that extra gear. I’m going Falkirk to win by a single goal and Hamilton to drop points against Montrose. 

The good thing is Rice won't set up for a point,i I don't think that's in his make up.

He went to win games he shouldn't in the top league with Hamilton and that doesn't seem to have changed.

As per always the early goal is key, tho this team doesn't give in easily.

56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think alloa will be a bit more cautious than they were first game last season. 

I don't think Brian does defensive football, it's one of the things I like about him.

We get a goal in first 15-20 and I can see us winning comfortably.

Miller coming back has improved our options, Ross has also seems to have stepped up and will be a big player for us even if it's from the bench.

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The good thing is Rice won't set up for a point,i I don't think that's in his make up.

He went to win games he shouldn't in the top league with Hamilton and that doesn't seem to have changed.

I don't think Brian does defensive football, it's one of the things I like about him.

Miller coming back has improved our options, Ross has also seems to have stepped up and will be a big player for us even if it's from the bench.

I'm not saying he'll be over defensive but I don't see him being as gung ho as he was then. Agree these games are always about getting the first goal.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Think Ross had a bit of fitness issues when he arrived and possibly a bit of lack of confidence.  He appears to be getting better which as said gives us another option

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think Ross had a bit of fitness issues when he arrived and possibly a bit of lack of confidence.  He appears to be getting better which as said gives us another option

Fitness and injury problems according to Raith fans but the majority weren't happy to lose him. He may not be an automatic choice week in week out for us but he will fill in and be a sub game changer.

Saturday our goal was him and I think we may have got a penalty if Spencer didn't put it away.

A squad which I personally thought was sparse is looking much better with returning injuries and the addition of only two before the window.

Tbf Ross missed a huge chunk of last season through injury and only had a handful of minutes for Raith this year

He looked understandably sluggish on his debut against Queens but apart from that has done fine

Slightly surprised McGylnn has benched him in the last couple of games and favoured shifting Agyeman out to the left and played Nesbitt/ Oliver in the 10 instead 

Don't see him getting in the starting 11 now Miller is back and with everyone else fit, but he's a great option to have off the bench or fill in where required 

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A couple of new injuries to key players? Yeats probably one. Or a bit of gamesmanship from McGlynn?

Seems to be that same sentence every week. Better not be Brad Spencer especially with Yeats likely to be out.

I can remember a period of last season, until he got injured, where Ola Lawal looked an absolute must start. Its testament to the quality of the attacking midfield we have now that he seems to be further away than ever.

Sometimes players get better in fans eyes the less they play. Ola seems to be suffering maybe the opposite of that effect. Drifting further from people's minds. 

Still, hel play a role this season same as everyone else. 

Only ourselves to blame with that one. I called it on Thursday night as I’d seen Alloa’s away kit. Poor no one at the club had thought.

However gives us the chance to what it should have been anyway. A cup shirt. Play it in the trust trophy and then the Scottish cup game where we “should” progress. That gives you minimum 3 wears which is about right