The Bairns Vs The Pointless Stingy b*****ds

1 hour ago, printer said:

I was surprised to see him starting. How did that affect the line up/formation?

Without the ball we fell in to a 4-5-1, we were so disjointed that it was actually difficult to tell what we were in possession (not being able to hold on to it for more than a couple of passes doesn’t help!) but mostly looked to have Steven and Wales up top as a 2 in the first half. 

The midfield was a mess - at times Stevie was the farthest forward midfielder with Roberts the deepest. Miko seemed to float around not doing anything or picking up anyone - I’d have subbed him before halftime to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Without the ball we fell in to a 4-5-1, we were so disjointed that it was actually difficult to tell what we were in possession (not being able to hold on to it for more than a couple of passes doesn’t help!) but mostly looked to have Steven and Wales up top as a 2 in the first half. 

The midfield was a mess - at times Stevie was the farthest forward midfielder with Roberts the deepest. Miko seemed to float around not doing anything or picking up anyone - I’d have subbed him before halftime to be honest. 

That all sounds rather bizarre. Back four, Stevie H further forward than Roberts, Miko starting.

I blame @LeodhasXD  tbh. 🙂

Edited by printer

5 minutes ago, printer said:

That all sounds rather bizarre. Back four, Stevie H further forward than Roberts, Miko starting.

Was the 3 centre halves and 2 wingbacks but we were all over the place so looked like a 4 at times with Deveney dropping while Buchanan stayed in midfield. Who knows what it was supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Easy win and should/could have been more, Rice looks like he has thrown the towel in at Alloa.

Alloa did try and mix it up a bit after half time, the number 10 Rodden more so.

Ogayi wasn't anywhere near as good as Jay Hogarth for you guys and didn't help you.

Alloa keeper was dreadful. Stuck to his line like glue. Looked like a disaster waiting to happen .

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Easy win and should/could have been more, Rice looks like he has thrown the towel in at Alloa.

Alloa did try and mix it up a bit after half time, the number 10 Rodden more so.

Ogayi wasn't anywhere near as good as Jay Hogarth for you guys and didn't help you.

Indeed.

Ogayi is our reserve goalie, playing because PJ is injured (an injury caused by Neill's shit defending v Hamilton). There's no comparison with Jay (who is tbf much better than PJ too).

Looked to me like it was a back 5 first half then he changed it to a 4-5-1 second half. We were a bit more solid second half albeit both teams were happy to settle for 3-0. Feel like a broken record with the back 5 but I just don’t think it suits the players we have and we never look comfortable with it. Wish he would give a 4-2-3-1 a chance for a couple of games.

4 hours ago, printer said:

Parties bottoming out so I'm just catching up.

I don't agree with Stevie h being further forward. We started with the highlights formation - changed by the end of the first half to a four with Taylor Steven wide left, Wales up front alone and Buchanan RM. Back 4 with taggs in normal Rb devine, Neill, deveney.

second half we rotated again which was better but the horse had already long bolted. I think to my best knowledge we went to a 4-4-2 with McKay rb, Neill devine taggart lb. Midfield 4 without virtanen and Wales and Rodden up front.

Can't deny Ogayi was at fault for the first. Although I did note there's two balls in play while the throw comes in and it looks farfetched that Neill could contact the ball through MacIver to concede the opening corner.

Second goal looks like it may be over the byline. It's certainly very close. 

Third is a beauty. One of those that you hit once in 50 tries.

Thought Rodden was a miss in the first half and clearly brimming with confidence after last week was the biggest threat in the second. Before the game he was the best goal per minute striker in Scotland. Might have slipped down the rankings with that blank 45.

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Thought Rodden was a miss in the first half and clearly brimming with confidence after last week was the biggest threat in the second. Before the game he was the best goal per minute striker in Scotland. Might have slipped down the rankings with that blank 45.

Lang won every one-on-one and was laughing in his face when Rodden resorted to diving and got booked for it. 

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Can't deny Ogayi was at fault for the first. Although I did note there's two balls in play while the throw comes in and it looks farfetched that Neill could contact the ball through MacIver to concede the opening corner.

I agree on the two points you make - not sure the first was a corner, and not sure the second wasn’t over the byline - but both were right in front of the linesman.  And if we’re doing “should have”, we should have had another 3 goals in the first half.  All academic though.

As for Rodden, nobody was a threat in any way shape or form all game.  He ran around and threw himself into tackles more than the others, and did a bit of comedy diving.  Does having the sexiest defender in Scotland laugh in your face make you a threat?

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

😂😂😂

Mate your lucky it wasn’t 8-0 so get this shit in the bin. I was sat behind the goal and it was a stonewall corner for the first, the ball wasn’t out for the second and who gives a f**k if there a second ball on the pitch as long as it’s not interfering with play.

The only bit you’ve got right is that the third was a thing of beauty.

Take your medicine and move on. 

I was pretty much in line with where the corner was 'won' and where Henderson knocked back the second. 

I must admit I thought the first should have been a goal kick but the second wasn't even close to being out. Certainly wouldnt have been given as a corner if Alloa hadn't made us attack the South Stand in the first half - which is quite funny. 

Really shite defending/ gifts for the first two goals but tbf we more than repaid the favour with some comical misses.

I do like how Alloa leave two men up for corners (I wish we would leave even 1 ourselves) and generally look to play quickly and on the front foot but it was incredibly naive and played right into our hands. 

Bisland did well on what I think was his first league start and Yeats was good in midfield. Agyeman probably MotM for his goals but thought Ross was excellent in the more central role. The moment when he drifted past 3 or 4 Alloa players, played a 1-2 with MacIver and used his pace to run through on goal was a great bit of play 

Considering we were missing Morrison and Spencer it was a really good win 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

😂😂😂

Mate your lucky it wasn’t 8-0 so get this shit in the bin. I was sat behind the goal and it was a stonewall corner for the first, the ball wasn’t out for the second and who gives a f**k if there a second ball on the pitch as long as it’s not interfering with play.

The only bit you’ve got right is that the third was a thing of beauty.

Take your medicine and move on. 

I did enjoy the wonderful finishes of the five imaginary goals though. Thought we should be particularly embarrassed by the eighth.

26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I did enjoy the wonderful finishes of the five imaginary goals though. Thought we should be particularly embarrassed by the eighth.

What the f**k are you on about? At no point did I say we scored 8 goals. My point was that was an absolute thrashing and your clutching about claiming there was 2 balls on the pitch for a second 🥴