The Bairns Vs The Pointless Stingy b*****ds

Utterly embarrassing. Rice’s stubbornness to keep using a back 5 despite us having never played well with it in 2 years will inevitably (and thankfully) cost him his job. I’ve been on the side of giving him time but today was an utter shambles, was 3 going on 7 or 8 in the first half. Falkirk looked like they’d score from every corner and basically every time they went forward and you could count on one hand how many passes we completed in the first half. 

Kevin Cawley not playing for us when we’re blatantly crying out for someone to link midfield and attack is ridiculous and the defenders he has signed are far too immobile and don’t win enough in the air.

Fair play to Falkirk, they’ve got plenty players who are too good for this level and will comfortably win the league this season. Annoying really because it’s been a good laugh having them down here😁

16 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Utterly embarrassing. Rice’s stubbornness to keep using a back 5 despite us having never played well with it in 2 years will inevitably (and thankfully) cost him his job. I’ve been on the side of giving him time but today was an utter shambles, was 3 going on 7 or 8 in the first half. Falkirk looked like they’d score from every corner and basically every time they went forward and you could count on one hand how many passes we completed in the first half. 

Kevin Cawley not playing for us when we’re blatantly crying out for someone to link midfield and attack is ridiculous and the defenders he has signed are far too immobile and don’t win enough in the air.

Fair play to Falkirk, they’ve got plenty players who are too good for this level and will comfortably win the league this season. Annoying really because it’s been a good laugh having them down here😁

Even better laugh that Rice seems to be taking Alloa backwards. I'd also add that you are now seeing the utter no mark that is Hetherington in all his pomp. 

Edited by ebobsboy

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Row H behind the home dugout though...

image.png.6f4e635cc3d0cd151b836c9671720ae0.png

They are relentless at taking shite.

First half, excellent, should have been more. (Maciver, Miller to name the guiltiest) some strike from Donaldson.

Comfortable win, second half could on easy street if a bit disjointed.

despite scoring two I didn’t think it was aygemans greatest game? (Should have had hat trick)

Ross and miller were excellent. Good 1st half from Flynn. Still miss Spencer in the middle tho. How long is he out for, I wonder.

Can't talk for others but luckily I had COVID or would have been there.

Look it is no shock to anybody that we don't have a big support, and the way this season has been going it has been dropping to even lower levels home and away 

No wonder people like to see Falkirk fall flat on their face. You have a good team who by all accounts smashed us, but still manage to get in a jibe about inferior supports to the mighty Bairns.

2 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Look it is no shock to anybody that we don't have a big support, and the way this season has been going it has been dropping to even lower levels home and away 

No wonder people like to see Falkirk fall flat on their face. You have a good team who by all accounts smashed us, but still manage to get in a jibe about inferior supports to the mighty Bairns.

You wee poor soul 

7 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

We've played alloa on a good few occasions at TFS though and you usually bring a good bit more than that. 110 is pretty awful for a game just down the road.

47 minutes ago, Bairnboy said:

They are relentless at taking shite.

First half, excellent, should have been more. (Maciver, Miller to name the guiltiest) some strike from Donaldson.

Comfortable win, second half could on easy street if a bit disjointed.

despite scoring two I didn’t think it was aygemans greatest game? (Should have had hat trick)

Ross and miller were excellent. Good 1st half from Flynn. Still miss Spencer in the middle tho. How long is he out for, I wonder.

Was talking to someone 2day who said both Morrison and Spencer could be upto 3 weeks. He said Morrison was a groin injury but not sure about Spencer. 

Shameful performance from us today, particularly in the first half. Have said before that you can’t really pin the individual defensive mistakes that have plagued our season on Rice, but the set up and complete dysfunction at defending set pieces is absolutely on him. Bringing Virtanen in today was a big mistake. 

Said on our podcast this week that to me it’s quite comfortably the best Falkirk side since they’ve been in league 1 but in truth they could have played in 2nd gear today and still won that game. 

Noticed a drop in our crowd at the Edinburgh City home game and Montrose away although seems to have been around usual levels last week against Kelty. Can imagine 20 notes to watch league 1 football probably raised a few eyebrows with some today to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Shameful performance from us today, particularly in the first half. Have said before that you can’t really pin the individual defensive mistakes that have plagued our season on Rice, but the set up and complete dysfunction at defending set pieces is absolutely on him. Bringing Virtanen in today was a big mistake. 

Said on our podcast this week that to me it’s quite comfortably the best Falkirk side since they’ve been in league 1 but in truth they could have played in 2nd gear today and still won that game. 

Noticed a drop in our crowd at the Edinburgh City home game and Montrose away although seems to have been around usual levels last week against Kelty. Can imagine 20 notes to watch league 1 football probably raised a few eyebrows with some today to be fair. 

Aye because £18 to stand is much more value for money.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye because £18 to stand is much more value for money.

Never said it was - fwiw I think £18 at the Recs is also too much and should have been reduced when we dropped down from the Championship, just a bit of psychological thing of getting no change from a £20 note for my bovril!

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Even better laugh that Rice seems to be taking Alloa backwards. I'd also add that you are now seeing the utter no mark that is Hetherington in all his pomp. 

Alloa's struggles are nothing to do with Hetherington and everything to do with the manager. I had no optimism at all going into this match which is rare for a league game. Falkirk are clearly a tidy team this season and to have any chance against them you need to be well organised and not give away presents. We haven't been setup properly all season and we gift goals every week. Poor Ogayi has been an accident waiting to happen and Falkirk had clearly watched last week and landed early corners on top of him. He duly made a mess of them and we didn't get away with it as we had in other games. It was inevitable that this would happen sooner rather than later though. Those errors killed us but the whole team were a disjointed mess. Game was over pretty early without Falkirk needing to do too much to get into a commanding lead. 3-0 flattered Alloa. 

We are missing some key creative men at the moment but the players that are available are capable of so much better. It's actually hard to make a squad with lots of decent part time footballers consistently so poor. 

Fair play to Falkirk, won that without ever needing to step it up and had their feet up in the second half. Unlikely to get many afternoons as easy as that all season. 

Edited by Waspie

48 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

I was surprised to see him starting. How did that affect the line up/formation?

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Poor Ogayi has been an accident waiting to happen and Falkirk had clearly watched last week and landed early corners on top of him. He duly made a mess of them and we didn't get away with it as we had in other games.

Obviously sitting a long way away at the other end of the ground but my initial impression at the two corners was where the hell are our 3 central defenders 🤔 I’ll wait on the “highlights “ but I thought he done well keeping it to 3. Donaldson given the freedom of the park to score their third. 
In general a way below par performance with us second to almost everything and barely able to find a team mate with a pass against an admittedly superior team. Appeared to me that  too many players not committed enough to either the team or manager. 
Virtannen and Deveney deservedly hooked at half time but could have been a few more had the bench been stronger.