Morton v Raith Rovers

That’s an excellent win. Down to the bare bones but fantastic effort from the squad. 7 points clear of 3rd place with a game in hand after 10 matches is outstanding.

Being the Rovers I expect a bump back down to earth at any moment but the last 6 months since the new owners came in really have been great fun. 

Must say didn’t fancy us tonight against the Gang but I’ve been proven wrong again. Rode our luck a couple of times in the second half but on the flip side - better decision making in the final third could have saw us see the game out a bit more comfortably.

Safe travels home all that made the trip! 

Edited by RaithRyan

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A huge performance from every one of them. Stood up to the 60 yards kicks to an abysmal Oakley and Muirhead. Can’t imagine watching that every week.

I’ve commented probably too often on Morton’s ‘brand’ of football but they’re where they deserve to be on merit currently.

Nothing personally against them but I see spells of good football from most of the other teams that I just never seem to see from them and every game is a physical battle.

Bizarrely though I’d expect them one of the more likely teams to get points out of Dundee United.

And so the Rovers juggernaut keeps turning out results. Kudos to you. 
Any hopes I had of Pars finishing above you is sadly diminishing. 
The sore line suggests a valiant effort from Morton tho. 
Selfishly I suppose it’s not a bad result us. 

I long for the days of last season when we were " good at what we do". Now we do f**k all other than pass the ball to a centre back or fullback and have them launch it in to the box from our own half. 

You might get a lucky break or two doing that at this level but over the course of the season we will end up exactly where we are now

We've always been a direct team under Imrie but we would get the ball in to the attacking third and actually play some football but we look so devoid of ideas now it's frightening, and Imrie is clearly running out of ideas judging by the multiple system changes in the second half. 

A deserved win for Rovers and fair play to yous.

To me - the measure of a true supporter of the game is to win with grace and humility, instead of disgracing yourselves and your team with gloating wankerism at the expense of your defeated and gutted opponents. I guess I'm getting old.

Cracking win for Raith.

Couple of cracking headers from the wee man-was shocked Mullin beat the first defender for the first one.

Thought it was sloppy from Dick conceding the corner that led to the Morton goal.

Rode our luck a little with a few cross balls after that.

Finished the game and should’ve had a couple of late goals on the break.

We are a much better team with Easton on the park.

A brilliant 3 points.

Edited by SerieA

Frustrating night. Thought we started well then raith score 2 very similar goals. 2 good finishes from Connelly. We had a few chances and and 2/3 cleared off the line but always felt as if raith had another gear and would score again if we pulled it back. Overall a deserved win for the away side. Played some good football and looked dangerous on the counter. Referee honking throughout.

Grant Gillespie managed the single worst substitute appearance I've ever seen in my life. Other than that, I've got nothing to say. Both teams are brutal. One is somehow 2nd in the league and we are deservedly bottom of the table.