Players offering to fight supporters

At a Stirling Albion v Airdrie match twenty odd years ago, mate of mine, an ex miner funnily enough, was hollering abuse at John Martin, calling him all the scab b*****ds under the sun....🤣

Airdrie's scab goalkeeper, offered Peter to meet him in the car park for a post match chat, my rather unhinged friend, who would fight his own shadow barked more insults at JM and said he'd be there at 5 15 and looking forward to it, the big scab, rather wisely didn't show up.

On 15/11/2023 at 11:20, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Talking of Dalziel, I seen this doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday.

F-7AjdAXMAA1tfQ.thumb.jpg.5d02824c9f3472184ca318afe7ade855.jpg

Trying to remember the name of the magazine that was from, think it was something like Scottish Football Today. They only had a few issues, remember Andy Walker did one of those interviews as well. 

Edit : lol it's at the fucking bottom of the page 

Edited by Fuctifano

I must be honest, in the new years Rangers game a few years back,  I was enjoying the festivities a bit much back then and found myself challenging Bilel Mohsni  as we was walking off the park. In saying that he was claiming everything that moved, Bollan, McLaren and Bain were all after a bit as well..  Mohsni was dragged off the pitch by 4 of his teammates an absolute rocket, who would probably have been knocked out by his shadow...      It amazing what Football turns you into..

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I must be honest, in the new years Rangers game a few years back,  I was enjoying the festivities a bit much back then and found myself challenging Bilel Mohsni  as we was walking off the park. In saying that he was claiming everything that moved, Bollan, McLaren and Bain were all after a bit as well..  Mohsni was dragged off the pitch by 4 of his teammates an absolute rocket, who would probably have been knocked out by his shadow...      It amazing what Football turns you into..

Which reminds me.

image.png.34f3099648cd5a4398b71d606363b22e.png

image.thumb.png.c9dcf981ff3e6670332d2b5682280836.png

Wasn't a fight but I remember the final game of the 2007 season, we'd just been emptied 0-3 at home to Falkirk for the second time that season. We were relegated. The game was as bad as you can imagine, final home game, already relegated and now at home to your biggest rivals who were there for a party. Only consolation was we were in the Scottish Cup Final and subsequently Europe.

I would have been about 14/15 and had been supplementing a few beverages with some mates down in the public park before the game. One of the guys was a bit of a hanger on who rarely went to the football, didn't really support the Pars but was just there hoping for some sort of trouble and trouble he very nearly got.

We were hanging about outside the stadium, probably trying to get into the bars around the ground, but it was fairly tight with security. He tried to sneak through internally and ended up interrupting the man of the match interview that Kasper Schmeichel was doing and a steward kicked him out. We tried to leave him and go our separate ways to get rid of him, but just as we were approaching Aldi the Falkirk team began coming out and getting on the bus, he started shouting at them, a complete embarrassment. The last two to come out was Yogi and Brian Rice. He mouthed off to Yogi, who just brushed him off, but he kept going. Brian Rice then directed him back towards the players entrance at East End, just in to the top of the stairs and had a few gentle words. I don't know what was said, but you could nearly smell the shite running down his leg after that.

On 11/11/2023 at 21:05, wellyboot said:

Frank Connor also wanted to fight with fans after we lost 6-0 away to Meadowbank. We had won 9-2 at home to Stenny the week before.

I remember a game at Somerset Park when Frank Connor was assiting Gordon Dalziel at Ayr United. He had to be held back from Allan Maitland. What's more he had a walking stick. 

Bit late to the party with this thread, but doubt the Foster melt down will ever be beat at Somerset.

(Dis)Honourable mention for Wullie Gibson as well. He seemed to always be wound up at Somerset. Even during covid times. One of the lads that does the stewarding said Gibson and his missus were being bellends and acting like they were the Beckhams to 2 female stewards. After the end of the game Gibson was still mouthing off to the lassies and reversed back and tried to run one of them over. Never change Wullie you absolute cock 🤣

22 hours ago, Caledonian said:

I remember a game at Somerset Park when Frank Connor was assiting Gordon Dalziel at Ayr United. He had to be held back from Allan Maitland. What's more he had a walking stick. 

Connor (who was our assistant to Billy Stark) had a heated argument with a couple of our fans in a game against Clydebank at Boghead. Not sure how close it came to a fight, though.

On 28/11/2023 at 18:13, AyrshireTon said:

Connor (who was our assistant to Billy Stark) had a heated argument with a couple of our fans in a game against Clydebank at Boghead. Not sure how close it came to a fight, though.

He was offered a babies bottle to suck on, that’s what tipped him over the edge that night. I’m sure it started with him goving Bankies fans GIRUY when Morton took the lead.

Kenny Brannigan deserves another mention here for offering some Bankies fans a square go during the Dublin protests and we can’t forger former Bankies keeper Garry Matthews trying to knock down a steward in the Boghead car park.

Our early period in the juniors was full of this stuff too, very entertaining.

On 03/12/2023 at 18:19, Central Belt Caley said:

Lads shat it big time 

When in the video does the 'kicking-off' and 'lads shat it big time' start? I watched it a few times and all I could see was few Neanderthals grunting at each other whilst swinging their handbags.