What took you far too long to get?

DA Baracus

51 minutes ago, Duszek said:

There's a chain of sportsbar-type pubs called Au Bureau that does this: bread, mustard, ham, ton of melted cheddar, fried egg, and chips.

Screenshot_20231113-203212~2.png

The only thing is you have t eat it quick. The cheese sauce is molten at the outset but as it cools it solidifies until you're just cutting through hunks of rubbery cheese.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

It took me years to work out that Sheilagh Hynd's stage name (Revillos, Rezillos) was a geographical description, and not her real name.

The joke was that she was asked on the radio "what's your name and where are you from?" 

She missed the first part of the question and replied "I'm fay Fife."

One of my favourite sets of books is Spike Milligans War Diaries.

Only during reading these did I realise a wireless was called that because it was wire less.

Previous radios had been connected by wires between posts, and then the new ones arrived, that were wire less.

On 12/11/2023 at 18:57, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A young guy asked me yesterday where see enis road was. He was walking round asking people. I thought he meant Sienna Gardens. He then started to spell it out to me. Sciennes Road

And how is it pronounced - Skeens, Seens, Marchbanks?

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And how is it pronounced - Skeens, Seens, Marchbanks?

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sounds like Sh.

Sheens

Three guesses and I wasn't even close! :lol:

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Three guesses and I wasn't even close! :lol:

It's a weird name. Doesn't look like how it is pronounced. It's no wonder the boy couldn't find the place, nobody understood where he was looking for.

Add to that, Edinburgh does this thing where they have two street names on the same street. There is Sciennes and Sciennes Rd. Built on this corner is Sienna Gardens. Delivery drivers and others always getting lost around there.

We've got way too deep in what has been an enjoyable topic to not raise the question of what the OP thought the boy Parker Junior was saying in the song about busting ghosts of the extremely popular film of the time that took him so long to get that "busting makes him feel good?"

What went on for the about 40 yeas the film and song was a hit was he even thinking?

Edited by Big Gus

2 hours ago, Big Gus said:

We've got way too deep in what has been an enjoyable topic to not raise the question of what the OP thought the boy Parker Junior was saying in the song about busting ghosts of the extremely popular film of the time that took him so long to get that "busting makes him feel good?"

What went on for the about 40 yeas the film and song was a hit was he even thinking?

Wanking.

It’s about wanking.