What took you far too long to get?

DA Baracus

4 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

On a similar note, until my 30s I never realised Scampi was a small fish. I just assumed it was just something like haddock cut into small pieces 

You might have been right though, as monkfish used to be substituted for scampi as it was a cheaper alternative at the time

Aye I had no idea until right now that scampi was anything other than monkfish tails.

For the rest of this I'd say it took me too long to get that PnBers are thick as two short planks 😉.

These three pages have been an enlightening read.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Well scampi can be a prawn, I've no idea where the geographical area this is, in a similar chipper/chippy.

Scampi as in the stuff you get battered should be made from monkfish tails.

@Venti may be able to elaborate.

It actually used to be made from monkfish when it was pretty much deemed by-catch & used for things like lobster bait.

Now your scampi will be pretty much be an acutal scampi which is just a langousine/dublin bay prawn.

I've had 'scampi' with cod cheek before which is pretty good.

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The tight black vest resembling a bra that footballers wear is a GPS tracking vest. 

My thanks to Ross Millen for giving me.the knowledge, after ripping his off after an injury time panenka bringing home the three points. 

Is that in case they get lost?

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'd been a member of the forum for ages before I worked out that FTFY meant "fixed that for you".

Parts of the forum were so confrontational that I thought it meant"f#ck that, f#ck you".

Not my finest hour.

I prefer your version.