Georgia vs Scotland 16th Nov '23

Gordopolis

23 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Kelly

Patterson Porteous McKenna Taylor 

McGregor McTominay

McGinn Ferguson Christie

Dykes

Maybe Brown and Shankland in for Ferguson or Dykes, but reckon the team will look a bit like this. 2-0 Scotland

For what we've got, I like this team, though I'd have Hendry alongside Porteous. There could be a concern with players wanting to occupy the same space in the final third, but otherwise I think there's a nice balance to it. Gilmour could obviously come in for Ferguson too. 

6 hours ago, velo army said:

I have the fear for this game due to us having nothing on the flanks. Taylor is a quite significant downgrade on Robbo and Patterson is guff defensively compared to Hickey.

Georgia won't be as bad as they were at Hampden. 2-0 Georgia.

I wouldn't take it that far but I prefer Patterson in a back 5 so he can get forward and show what he is all about. I don't see us playing 4 at the back.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Most fans see a different game and are looking for different things. All the fan reaction I saw to the France friendly suggested Ferguson's performance was okay, but not great. Compare that to what Clarke and Carver thought.

I think sometimes people only notice the clearest thing - which was Ferguson giving away lots of fouls. We kept the ball very well at times against France, and Ferguson was a big part of that. As always you can obviously then look at that, and evaluate if France allowed that to some extent. It’ll be interesting if he sees an increase in game time for this double header…

I would like to see a back 4 for these games, we played it before with some success and our choice of defenders is not as strong for this camp so we are trying to fill a space with a mediocre defender at the expense of a good midfielder somewhere. 

I think Clarke might stick with the 5 at the back though even though the main reason for a 5 (Tierney-Robertson scenario) isn't a factor this week.

I think this is still quite an important game.

That bloody second goal in Spain probably means that it won't matter in any real sense.

However, we are needing to try to regain some momentum.  These last three games have obviously been against good sides.  We've been well beaten in all three though, and we're in need of some good results ahead of the summer. 

A good win in Georgia - given our history there - would be a decent start.

17 hours ago, AndyDD said:

A late winner in Cyprus, the absolute chasing they got at home off Spain, their limp performance at Hampden (not to mention how rattled they got by some weather); hardly Atletico Madrid we're playing.

We'll turn them over no bother. 

Oh young sire.  Wiser heads than you said  that about Zaire, Iran, Costa Rica, Morocco etc etc etc ....... When will people get it into their heads.....We are Scotland, we don't turn anyone  'over no bother' !

22 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Just clocked this is a 5pm kick-off. Very inconsiderate of the Georgians to live in a time zone that clashes with my work schedule.

Also didn't realise this until I saw this post, although I do remember moaning about it when the fixtures came out.

18 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I remember Grant Jendo on Twitter talking about us doing some bolder stuff in terms of shape on the ball - particularly regarding Hendry's positioning. Clarke's tweaks aren't always as clear as deciding to play with two strikers, one holding midfielder etc.

Never heard of him but if you want to see another example of this look at the first half of the Ireland away game.

IRESCO-rightoverload.png.25b5096dc8faccd5f23a656950b8b1ad.png

looking forward to this one. (as I thought initially we would be needing to go here and win!). Now we can watch it relatively stress free. Not sure how Clarke will go for this one but with the players out I think a back 4 would give more balance to the team. something like:

Clark

Paterson Hendry Porteous Taylor

Mctominay McGregor

Christie Ferguson McGinn

Dykes

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Georgia have lost only 1 of their last 10 home games (v Spain), winning 7 of those.

4-0 to The Caledonia.

Aye, but they only won one of the 10 previous to that run, so they're due to be shite again.

Also, have you seen who they played? Good win over Sweden, but otherwise...

What is the deal with everyone wanting McTominay playing deep alongside McGregor? Have you all missed all the previous games in this campaign?

I'd like to see:

A Keeper

Ralston - Porteous - Hendry - Taylor

McGregor - Gilmour

McGinn - McTominay - Christie

Brown

I'd be very suprised if that happens though. I expect that Dykes and Patterson will start, and that we're more likely to see a back three.