Georgia vs Scotland 16th Nov '23

Gordopolis

22 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

McTominay played in central midfield in those games.

Really have no idea what games you've been watching

McTominay played alongside McGinn, in front of Gilmour and McGregor in the Georgia home and Cyprus away games. And he came on as a sub for Armstrong in an attacking midfield role against Cyprus at home. Basically where McTominay plays is dictated by which one of Christie or Gilmour starts.

Incidentally, why is this nonsense keep on being repeated?

Georgia are guaranteed a playoff. Tonight is meaningless in that regard.

They’re not even the highest placed League C team - Greece and Kazakhstan are above them, and Luxembourg are on equal points.

They're the top ranked team as per UNL placings. Does Willie Miller write this tripe?

B94AF729-7ADE-4F30-8CEA-C970FF5E8A03.jpeg

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

I'm fully aware it's an incorrect thought process but is anyone else missing the 'competitive' element of this game that's adds to the excitement?

I know it's important for a multitude of reasons but normally by now I would be a mixture of terror, excitement and nerves.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Relationships built up between players are important especially as patterns of play will have probably some element of automatism. The team has a number of enforced changes (in defence). I think a safe approach would be not to try and change too much outside of that so we don't lose to much of our rhythm. I'd find it understandable if we start the game with some variation on this to minimise disruption and we can always change it later if needed.

Kelly

Porteous -- Hendry -- McKenna

Patterson -- McTominay -- McGregor -- Taylor

McGinn -- Dykes -- Christie

Other players I'd consider starting would be the likes of Gilmour and Armstrong.

I would plump for Christie instead of Ferguson. We need width of we're playing a back four and I also love what Christie does defensively.

I'm absolutely buzzing for this.

E.T.A that's not in response to the above post, but rather one to the earlier poster who had us playing a back four.

Edited by velo army

Not to be overly controversial, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Christie in for McGregor at some point. Christie has been playing a similar role for Bournemouth of late and as much as McGregor is still one of the first names on the sheet for me, he has had a couple of games recently where IMO he looked a wee bit off it compared to usual (norway and Spain away). Always good to have other options in each position and Christie has been doing a lot of similar defensive work for Bournemouth to McGregor in that role for Scotland. 

Back four, Christie and Gilmour in the 2, then McTom, McGinn & Ferguson ahead of them with Dykes up top.