Clyde v East Fife

When McCall took over Ayr we were similarly struggling. In his first game we were soundly beaten at Brechin and he spent most of game taking notes and assessing the squad. He is capable of turning a team around quite quickly but it sounds like you'll need to get the transfer window before that happens. 

Great result today, can't play down the importance of the 2 early goals though. Credit where it's due.

Clyde, looked a bit like we do most weeks, huffed & puffed, without creating a great deal. Would like to see Clyde's 'equaliser' again, as I thought it looked over the line, after that, they offered very little & McCall really has his work cut out.

First half, I thought it was some kind of ultras thing, a group of guys, all in matching black Clyde scarves & red Clyde tammies, but turns out it was a group of Dutch fans in, their exploits in the crossbar challenge was certainly entertaining.

See we've got round Healy's suspension, by sticking him on the bench & calling him Ramsay!

First time I've heard the Terminator theme & Comfortably Numb played at the football!

Can't think I've ever seen us win 4-0 away before and now we can start to look up the table, instead of what's below us, full steam ahead to Bonnyrigg next.

7 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Can't think I've ever seen us win 4-0 away before .

Funnily enough, we have only lost 4-0 at home in a league match twice in 27 years. 

Or twice in our last three home matches. Depends which way you look at it.

37 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Can't think I've ever seen us win 4-0 away before and now we can start to look up the table, instead of what's below us, full steam ahead to Bonnyrigg next.

Can't have happened too often. The only one that comes to mind that was by more than 3 was the 6-0 away to Stirling Albion in the 2015/16 season.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Can't have happened too often. The only one that comes to mind that was by more than 3 was the 6-0 away to Stirling Albion in the 2015/16 season.

After I typed that, I remembered I was at Links Park 10/12 years ago, when we won 5-0.

Probably had a few big away wins in the Dave Baikie promotion season?

15 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

After I typed that, I remembered I was at Links Park 10/12 years ago, when we won 5-0.

Probably had a few big away wins in the Dave Baikie promotion season?

Just checked and none more than 3. 4-1 vs Albion Rovers, 3-0 vs Dumbarton, and 3-0 vs Shire.

3 hours ago, Replays said:

Very diplomatically put but I’m sure McCall is under no illusions as to what he saw today. I fully agree that 2 or 3 out of the whole squad were “okay” and nothing more. Truthfully, I still find having a guy who actually sounds like a football manager refreshing compared to monotone McLean. 

Someone tell him not to eat fudge before his next interview. 

Didn’t post last night as I was too raging, but a day on and I’m still fuming with just how shite we were.  At least McCall knows what he’s up against now, and what we need to do in January.  I hope we have the wettest and coldest winter in history to get a few postponements before then.

Hugely worrying times for Clyde.

1 hour ago, Davy the Dug said:

Didn’t post last night as I was too raging, but a day on and I’m still fuming with just how shite we were.  At least McCall knows what he’s up against now, and what we need to do in January.  I hope we have the wettest and coldest winter in history to get a few postponements before then.

Hugely worrying times for Clyde.

100% agree with this.  We should consider moving away from NDP. The all weather pitch could be our down fall

I thought McCall did well in his post-match comments, in striking a balance between telling it how it is, and not throwing all of the players under the bus. For the foreseeable, he has to get eleven of these guys to play for him. It’s obviously key not to lose cheap goals, so finding a half-decent keeper will be a priority. On a good day, depending on confidence levels(?), some of these guys are capable of decent performances at this level. Cup game will be tough though, as Jeanfield look decent and will be well up for the occasion. 

Said it for years but Ross Lyon is so bad and it boggles the mind he was made club captain.

He wasn’t good enough when he first signed a few years ago and he’s amazingly worse now. He looked out of his depth against Musselburgh so what chance do we have in league 2 with him playing every week and consistently making a James blunt of everything he does?!

We don’t have the luxury of accepting pish performances because players try hard. If they’re shite they need shown the door or we will have a Lanarkshire derby with Albion Rovers again next season.

No team relegated has returned from the Lowland League yet and if we go down there’s no doubt we’d not return for a long, long time, if ever…

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

He didn’t work it out during the game, but can someone tell Ross Lyon that if playing left back curling the ball with your right foot will generally end up in a throw in for the other team. 

Id pass the same to Leighfield, but we’ll just accept not kicking it 20 yards to the opposition. 

East Fife didn’t even have to be good yesterday, but what they do have is a core of players competent enough for this level. Trouten, Easton, Fleming, Austin, shepherd off the top of my head. 

10 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

As a ef fan this is our 1st win away from home and our third win all season let’s not get carried away here….my feet remains on the floor of the stats and reading. Onto Bonnyrigg now so we will see what happens eh?

With Bonnyrigg losing 3 in a row there’s a real chance they get dragged into things at the bottom if you beat them. 

We’ve got two home games against Forfar and Clyde coming up. Could really shape the battle at the bottom those ones

Edited by CrispyMelon

36 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

With Bonnyrigg losing 3 in a row there’s a real chance they get dragged into things at the bottom if you beat them. 

We’ve got two home games against Forfar and Clyde coming up. Could really shape the battle at the bottom those ones

Stranraer are also on a foul run..1 win 7 defeats in  8