Hamilton v Queens

16 minutes ago, nomad said:

Sandra please ask "Well Marvin, what are your thoughts on today and also being the manager of worst full time football club in Scotland as evidenced by the table and stats?"

Will it be XBOX or PlayStation that is at fault today or those players who were out sledging this morning with their kids?

By the way, well done to all at Accies who worked hard to make sure today's game went ahead.  Much better to get it played while we have a totally hopeless dud at the helm to guarantee you three points and a goal difference boost than risk having it played at a later date when we might have someone with a even a smidgeon of competence in the dug-out.  You were well rewarded for your efforts.

Edited by Slipmat

That was an excellent performance from us. Albeit, QotS were awful. Zanatta (my motm today) is starting to look like a good footballer and Smith has found form again, lovely stuff!

It really could have been a fair few more, good to see the boys motivated to go top of the league.

Queens players spitting the dummy towards the end, very petulant... I've never seen a more obvious case of players trying to get the boss the sack.  Can't see him making it beyond the weekend.

Great performance by Accies today, there could be no complaints if that ended 10-0

34 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I had a feeling he'd survive gamergate but I'll be very surprised if he's not gone after that scoreline

Well BH witnessed it  first hand, so over to him.

1 minute ago, bod said:

Well BH witnessed it  first hand, so over to him.

Aye, because let's not forget that, according to our supreme leader, "football is a results-based business".

Isn't that right Billy?

Best performance of the season today from us great response from last week. QOTS were lucky it was only 5 today should of been double that. Lewis Smith and Zanatta have been excellent the past couple of weeks and deserve to keep on starting Barjonas looks miles better in the midfield O'Hara has been excellent the past couple of games and has really improved in the last couple of weeks looks a new player compared to about a month ago. QOTS could honestly go down this season amazing to think they are 1 of the 4 full time teams in the league. I like Bartley but it's not going to work out at QOTS I don't think this is a good time to say that I predicted QOTS to win the league at the start of the season shocked with how bad they've been this season and something has to change soon.

We've obviously battered a few teams now at home. However, I'd say that's the first game where you knew from the first 5 minutes we'd win at a canter. Annan and Stirling wins felt a bit more of them tiring and us taking advantage. Whereas today it was evident from the off that we were miles ahead of this Queens side. Worry times for you guys but surely you're too good to go down, even with Bartley?

23 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Best performance of the season today from us great response from last week. QOTS were lucky it was only 5 today should of been double that. Lewis Smith and Zanatta have been excellent the past couple of weeks and deserve to keep on starting Barjonas looks miles better in the midfield O'Hara has been excellent the past couple of games and has really improved in the last couple of weeks looks a new player compared to about a month ago. QOTS could honestly go down this season amazing to think they are 1 of the 4 full time teams in the league. I like Bartley but it's not going to work out at QOTS I don't think this is a good time to say that I predicted QOTS to win the league at the start of the season shocked with how bad they've been this season and something has to change soon.

Aye, fine, granted we're rank rotten ... but what about all the knicker wetting about Rankin? Sitting top of the league, eh?

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

His time is up you'd feel even after the heroics of the cup win last week. 

Although a cracking result in the end. I wasn't in any way convinced we'd turned a corner after last week. They did well hanging in and got a couple of goals but the reality is Utd should have been out of sight. Great goalkeeping and shite finishing covered over the cracks. The stats doing weren't much better but we came up against a side that was pretty ruthless. 

55 minutes ago, Tess Tickles said:

Queens players spitting the dummy towards the end, very petulant... I've never seen a more obvious case of players trying to get the boss the sack.  Can't see him making it beyond the weekend.*

Great performance by Accies today, there could be no complaints if that ended 10-0**

* I'm not claiming the players haven't chucked it but I wouldn't look too much into this performance - they're really quite shite tbh. 

**Well why didn't it?! 10-0 would have absolutely killed Bartley off but I'm still not convinced this is enough of a defeat to do that. 

16 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Worry times for you guys but surely you're too good to go down, even with Bartley?

To quote the late great John Prine ... "A question's not really a question when you know the answer too".

With not much else to do, took this game in as a neutral.

Not sure if Accies were good or QoS were really bad. Probably both.

Zanatta and Martin were excellent for Accies. McClelland particularly poor for Queens.

Last week's result for my own team (Dundee United) now looks really bad and a bit of a concern.

16 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, fine, granted we're rank rotten ... but what about all the knicker wetting about Rankin? Sitting top of the league, eh?

Today was a really good day for Rankin and one of his best and he did get it spot on today so he definitely deserves credit for that. However he still gets it wrong too often and makes poor subs which ends up costing us. If we are top of the league come may then i will admit I was wrong but at the moment I still have my doubts.

Well that was brilliant today, after freezing my nuts off and getting no reward at the Kelty game, the players made up for it today.

Maybe the squad has had a bit of boot up the arse from the cup games, which was needed, as I was just thinking where was this during those games.

The best thing to see today was players that have been getting stick all season are starting to turn it around. Zanatta is looking like a new player, will definitely admit I wanted him gone in the summer and up until today the feeling was the same, I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong going forward. Smith is starting to show and use the ability we all know he has, and O'Hara seems to be really working at his finishing and positioning, has looked a real goal threat in the last couple of games.

I'll make this point brief as I don't want to harsh any positivity from today, it's easy to be a manager when things have went as right as they did today, still a long way to go till Rankin really proves he's the right man for the job going forward.

Anyway, great to be top of the league again! Let's try and make sure this position is where we can settle down in for a while.

Respect to all who ventured to the game today and especially the QOS fans who witnessed the kind of shambolic performance from their team we used to watch the last three seasons which is why we are where we are.

It was a case of heads going down  for QOS as we eased into control and tbh it should have been 7 or 8 for us at a minimum.

A big difference  for us is we are now playing with genuine width instead of relying on out of position midfielders or full backs providing all the width.This has resulted in only playing with one striker,but today we had plenty attempts at goal playing that formation.

Still think we need a striker as a good striker in this team would score a minimum 25 goals the amount of chances we create.

Finally, John Rankin read the riot act after last week's half-hearted Cup defeat and this resulted in  2  good wins.Tough game at Alloa next week where we struggle before the big one,so plenty twists and turns to come.