Hamilton v Queens

4 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

I think you are right, sadly. I was more thinking about it from BHs situation. He obviously doesn’t want the expense of paying off Marv and having to get someone in who will need to make changes in the January window with the cost that this entails. 2 losses would make this essential. 

Much though I like Marv and his more professional approach it just isn’t working and we will be relegated if this continues. We seem incapable of defending, can’t score and it’s horrible to watch. What I can’t understand is that in terms of skill and youth/fitness, at an individual level we have some reasonable players. It can only be down to tactics, motivation and to some extent a lack of experience/ hardness. 

We can’t take the risk of the cataclysm of Div two and becoming another Brechin. 

in the longer term we must look at a more strategic plan to at least get up to mid championship and in todays world that probably means rolling the dice and trying to find a buyer to invest . The current model of benign local owners who caretaker the club is ironically driving us towards extinction .  A chum of mine helmed the recent takeover of Charlton with American backers, Carlisle have moved away from local ownership, the Ryan Reynolds Wrexham experiment has been fascinating. With the apparent upcoming rule changes making this easier in Scotland the maybe we have to look more broadly at the way ahead. This guff about potential nasty asset stripping new owners and better to be lowly but stay in existence is wearing a bit thin given the last 3 terrible years. Last week apart I can’t remember when I actually last enjoyed a game in that time. 

in fairness to the Board I was really excited about Marvs appointment and with a good 8 game run at the end of last season I thought we would be challenging but it’s gone badly wrong and for whatever reason yesterday confirms it’s getting worse not better and if we don’t twist now there will be no time to get someone in to haul us out of the mire with January changes. 

No Marv interview posted today for the first time… is that significant? 

This is a phrase that comes up a lot in the context of MB - “he has added professionalism to the club”. Many Queens’ fans make this claim.

I am intrigued to know what the evidence is that supports this view. Surely, good recruitment, good selections, good formations, good tactics, entertaining football  all translating into good results = professionalism. All I see is us getting progressively worse under MB - he has certainly hoodwinked a good cross section of the support but at the end of the day the results and the league table don’t lie.

29 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Don’t agree. Ask the Wrexham fans…

They're literally the Welsh Gretna. I want things to improve and would love an investor to put some cash in but not to that extent. McElhenney is my comedy hero and Reynolds seems like one of Hollywood's good guys but I wouldn't swap places with Wrexham tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Yesterday was yet another case of it being a good day until 300 arrived and the game started.  Accies seldom got out of 2nd gear.  They didn't have to as we were that bad.  We were ripped apart down both flanks.   Bartley couldn't fail to see it, but he done nothing to address it.  The triple substitution at the end was just baffling.

We proved in spectacular fashion that last weekend was just a temporary blip.  This bunch of shysters that Bartley has recruited seem to be incapable of doing even the basics.  Surely not even Bartley can survive this?  Change is needed now or League 2 could be a very real possibility.

8 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Ok let me spell it out. I think they are pretty happy. 

ENE0C7x3_x96.jpg

I don’t care what anyone says, what Ryan Reynolds and rob mcElhenney have done for Wrexham is phenomenal. Given the whole city it’s club back after years of mismanagement. Fair play.

10 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Ok let me spell it out. I think they are pretty happy. 

1 minute ago, HighlandQueen said:

ENE0C7x3_x96.jpg

I don’t care what anyone says, what Ryan Reynolds and rob mcElhenney have done for Wrexham is phenomenal. Given the whole city it’s club back after years of mismanagement. Fair play.

Were you a supporter of Gretna "Living the Dream"? 

Edited by 19QOS19

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They're literally the Welsh Gretna. I want things to improve and would love an investor to put some cash in but not to that extent. McElhenney is my comedy hero and Reynolds seems like one of Hollywood's good guys but I wouldn't swap places with Wrexham tbh. 

Are they? Apart from having owners who have no previous connection to the club, it's hard to see any other similarities. 

35 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Nope hated them but Wrexham have long history and getting back to where they deserve. Sound familiar?

11 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Are they? Apart from having owners who have no previous connection to the club, it's hard to see any other similarities. 

They're a bankrolled side buying success, that's the biggest similarity. I reckon every other side in the league will think of them as we thought of Gretna. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They're a bankrolled side buying success, that's the biggest similarity. I reckon every other side in the league will think of them as we thought of Gretna. 

Similar to half the teams in the UK then?

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There are dozens of clubs being bankrolled, trying to buy success. Do you think Notts County were paying national league wages last season? 

Milestone was a con man who took over a club with no history, no ground to speak of, no catchment area and no core fan base. When he died, the club was left in masses of debt and folded. 

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Half the teams in the UK are vying for promotion with multi-millionaire owners? Must have missed that. 

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

There are dozens of clubs being bankrolled, trying to buy success. Do you think Notts County were paying national league wages last season? 

Milestone was a con man who took over a club with no history, no ground to speak of, no catchment area and no core fan base. When he died, the club was left in masses of debt and folded. 

It's certainly much much more prevalent in England than it is up here. I don't condone it but given the vast amount of money sloshing about the game down south it's kind of understandable how it has come about. If I was a fan of those clubs, whilst I might be enjoying the ride I'd also be very nervous about what happens when the (often foreign) money suddenly disappears.

Such club involvement doesn't attract the same level of investors up here fortunately due to the vastly smaller levels of money in the game here. It's also clear to see how private investment can easily skew the game here for relatively small clubs with limited fan bases.

20 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Notts County were another good example. I don't know what the argument is tbh.

I'm sure the hangers on are enjoying it down Wrexham way but given how bored I ended up being the season we walked L1 I'm confident I'd get fed up supporting a team buying success. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Notts County were another good example. I don't know what the argument is tbh.

I'm sure the hangers on are enjoying it down Wrexham way but given how bored I ended up being the season we walked L1 I'm confident I'd get fed up supporting a team buying success. 

Reading your posts is confusing. Although you don't, for whatever reason attend all games this season, like the rest of us you are unhappy with how this season is unfolding so far under Bartley. Yet when we last had a title winning side you were bored!

I for one would be happy enough if someone like the locally born guy who now goes by the name of Calvin Harris started showing interest in the club.

9 minutes ago, bod said:

Reading your posts is confusing. Although you don't, for whatever reason attend all games this season, like the rest of us you are unhappy with how this season is unfolding so far under Bartley. Yet when we last had a title winning side you were bored!

I for one would be happy enough if someone like the locally born guy who now goes by the name of Calvin Harris started showing interest in the club.

I don't attend every game because I work, surprisingly. The title winning season did bore me. Rocking up to Palmerston knowing we were going to win wasn't exciting for me. If that kind of thing excited me I'd latch on to one of the OF or pretend I was a Man City fan. There's a middle ground between going to watch a side inevitably get beat every week and a side who'll win every week. I'm not sure what's so confusing about me wanting Queens to be one of those sides. 

I don't think he has any interest in football so I can't see that happening. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't attend every game because I work, surprisingly. The title winning season did bore me. Rocking up to Palmerston knowing we were going to win wasn't exciting for me. If that kind of thing excited me I'd latch on to one of the OF or pretend I was a Man City fan. There's a middle ground between going to watch a side inevitably get beat every week and a side who'll win every week. I'm not sure what's so confusing about me wanting Queens to be one of those sides. 

I don't think he has any interest in football so I can't see that happening. 

He kicks about with the Liverpool team anytime they win a trophy so don’t think that’s strictly true, however don’t think he has any interest in us at all. Pretty sure he got asked to do a song with the club years ago and he wasn’t interested obviously.