Hamilton v Queens

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Straight red for Docherty. Assuming it was a bad challenge? Can't say he'll be missed given he's been missing more often than not. Couple more please Accies. 

Obviously didn’t make a difference to the result but it was never a red. 

Not sure where we go from here.

Still not sure if bad recruitment, management or due to poor funds available but absolutely  terrible team on the pitch. Not sure how much worse it  could be. A cple of players it was pretty embarrassing to watch and no idea why Bartley is playing them, definitely not 1st division ready and will probably destroy them. Don't think any in the QOS team  would have got in to the Hamilton team on today’s performance. Now resigned to dropping to div 2 but worrying if we will do a Brechin. Really thought when we dropped to Div 1 then we may have found our level but not to be.

Feeling really low tonight, but fear worse is to come.

2 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Still not sure if bad recruitment, management or due to poor funds available but absolutely terrible team on the pitch.

Yes, indeed, the holy trinity of problems for a malfunctioning club, resulting in fumbling, bungling inadequacy.

This season has been/is an absolute shambles and still has the potential to get worse. As many others have said, I was pleased with MBs appointment - fresh, progressive etc - but it's been a disaster due, in the main, to the reasons given by sneeuq.

As the lowest ranking full-time club, we have been recruiting from the bottom of the barrel and it shows. Someone posted many weeks ago that most of these players are just not good enough to have a full-time professional career and suggested that if they really wanted to continue playing then they should get a job and play part-time at a lower level. I now agree.

Just now, Riviera711 said:

Someone posted many weeks ago that most of these players are just not good enough to have a full-time professional career and suggested that if they really wanted to continue playing then they should get a job and play part-time at a lower level.

Probably with us next season in league 2 😕

12 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Probably with us next season in league 2 😕

Looks like Edinburgh City game is pivotal. If we hit bottom, time to push the panic button. Sorry but time for results not words. We can’t risk slipping a Division. Our form is the worst in the league and if we don’t win at least one of the next 2 games it’s time up. I’m just baffled about how a battling performance last week can see us so poor today. I fear it looks like we were just very lucky and had a worldie from Stone to thank for last week. Very depressing being a Queens fan just now. 

4 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

That QOTS fan who was saying how shite accies were and that they had nothing to worry about and has now deleted that post has went very quiet.

Yeah, fair play to accies today. Ran over the top of queens and could have easily had more than 5. I also wasn’t being entirely serious with my original post. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Looks like Edinburgh City game is pivotal. If we hit bottom, time to push the panic button. Sorry but time for results not words. We can’t risk slipping a Division. Our form is the worst in the league and if we don’t win at least one of the next 2 games it’s time up. I’m just baffled about how a battling performance last week can see us so poor today. I fear it looks like we were just very lucky and had a worldie from Stone to thank for last week. Very depressing being a Queens fan just now. 

You really don't think it's time up now.

Really? 

The evidence is overwhelming.

9 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Why do you think he should have another two games?

If you witnessed yesterdays performance surely you'd have seen he's out of his depth and as for the triple substitution at the end of the game it was truly bizarre.

The right thing for all parties needs to be done now. We are in a very bad downward spiral and things need to change.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

You really don't think it's time up now.

Really? 

The evidence is overwhelming.

I think you are right, sadly. I was more thinking about it from BHs situation. He obviously doesn’t want the expense of paying off Marv and having to get someone in who will need to make changes in the January window with the cost that this entails. 2 losses would make this essential. 

Much though I like Marv and his more professional approach it just isn’t working and we will be relegated if this continues. We seem incapable of defending, can’t score and it’s horrible to watch. What I can’t understand is that in terms of skill and youth/fitness, at an individual level we have some reasonable players. It can only be down to tactics, motivation and to some extent a lack of experience/ hardness. 

We can’t take the risk of the cataclysm of Div two and becoming another Brechin. 

in the longer term we must look at a more strategic plan to at least get up to mid championship and in todays world that probably means rolling the dice and trying to find a buyer to invest . The current model of benign local owners who caretaker the club is ironically driving us towards extinction .  A chum of mine helmed the recent takeover of Charlton with American backers, Carlisle have moved away from local ownership, the Ryan Reynolds Wrexham experiment has been fascinating. With the apparent upcoming rule changes making this easier in Scotland the maybe we have to look more broadly at the way ahead. This guff about potential nasty asset stripping new owners and better to be lowly but stay in existence is wearing a bit thin given the last 3 terrible years. Last week apart I can’t remember when I actually last enjoyed a game in that time. 

in fairness to the Board I was really excited about Marvs appointment and with a good 8 game run at the end of last season I thought we would be challenging but it’s gone badly wrong and for whatever reason yesterday confirms it’s getting worse not better and if we don’t twist now there will be no time to get someone in to haul us out of the mire with January changes. 

No Marv interview posted today for the first time… is that significant? 

13 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Don't think any in the QOS team  would have got in to the Hamilton team on today’s performance. 

Yeah I would agree with that. Fact your best player yesterday was your goalkeeper in a 5-0 loss says everything. I like Harry Cochrane but noticed he didn't play yesterday guessing he's injured?

37 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah I would agree with that. Fact your best player yesterday was your goalkeeper in a 5-0 loss says everything. I like Harry Cochrane but noticed he didn't play yesterday guessing he's injured?

The latest was he got up from his lunch a few weeks ago and strained his back. He's probably had 3 more injuries since then though given we seem to have at least one new injury every week. 

37 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Dropped a dinner plate on his foot, or stabbed himself on the leg with a  fork are causes  I heard. The lengths some players will go to not to play under Bartley is pretty impressive.