Duncan disorderly's rejuventated ICT v Raith Rovers

Genuinely no idea what to expect from this game. 

I think we'll return to a more familiar 4-2-3-1 set-up with Byrne and Brown back into midfield. Would expect Murray and OReilly to start at centre half with McGill in for Millen and Dick at left back.

Hamilton will be the striker. 

I think you could then draw straws for who starts and who finishes on the 3. The only certainty imo would be Stanton to start.

Don't know what to expect from ICT. They were howfin earlier in the season but we huffed and puffed and were lucky to beat them in  the end.

Going for a bad tempered 1-2 to the Rovers. Another 90+2 winner :)

I'm downed with a shocker of a cold so plans to travel have been binned, unfortunately.

Although I still think the game will really be struggling to go ahead with the weather. I appreciate a postponement gives a chance for a wee bit of recovery (and I'd rather be missing Millen for Partick at Home rather than ICT away), but still being in the Scottish Cup and the Diddy Cup means we could do without a cancellation and a fixture pile up. Think it will be off, hope its on, hope we win.

12 hours ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

A cup that meant so much to Raith that it sat on my parent's mantelplace for about 20 years.

Just for clarity and I'm no hair splitter, but;

Was the Cup on your parents mantlepiece the Kirkcaldy Cottage Hospital Charity Cup which Raith won in 1903.

Or was it the Kirkcaldy Hospital Cup which Raith shared in 1920? 

44 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I'm downed with a shocker of a cold so plans to travel have been binned, unfortunately.

Although I still think the game will really be struggling to go ahead with the weather. I appreciate a postponement gives a chance for a wee bit of recovery (and I'd rather be missing Millen for Partick at Home rather than ICT away), but still being in the Scottish Cup and the Diddy Cup means we could do without a cancellation and a fixture pile up. Think it will be off, hope its on, hope we win.

That’s a bold statement re Millen, McGill was dug meat against Partick on day 1 of the season.

The Caley on great form under Big Dunc so shouldn’t be a great deal to worry about here. However, we do have to remember that this fixture is a cup final for Raith, and there will be a few of their players looking to impress Big Dunc for a potential transfer. With all that in mind I’m going for 3-1 The Caley.

10 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The Caley on great form under Big Dunc so shouldn’t be a great deal to worry about here. However, we do have to remember that this fixture is a cup final for Raith, and there will be a few of their players looking to impress Big Dunc for a potential transfer. With all that in mind I’m going for 3-1 The Caley.

Sir Tramp is right. This can be the cup final to decide who gets to keep the diddy cup that we both won half of.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Just for clarity and I'm no hair splitter, but;

Was the Cup on your parents mantlepiece the Kirkcaldy Cottage Hospital Charity Cup which Raith won in 1903.

Or was it the Kirkcaldy Hospital Cup which Raith shared in 1920? 

Important difference 😂

The OG Kirkcaldy Cottage Hospital Charity Cup. (It's been back at the club for about 11 years now)

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Genuinely no idea what to expect from this game. 

I think we'll return to a more familiar 4-2-3-1 set-up with Byrne and Brown back into midfield. Would expect Murray and OReilly to start at centre half with McGill in for Millen and Dick at left back.

Hamilton will be the striker. 

I think you could then draw straws for who starts and who finishes on the 3. The only certainty imo would be Stanton to start.

Don't know what to expect from ICT. They were howfin earlier in the season but we huffed and puffed and were lucky to beat them in  the end.

Going for a bad tempered 1-2 to the Rovers. Another 90+2 winner :)

After the discussion on the podcast, I nosed around a bit and O’Reilly does indeed have time at LB, which makes his signing a little clearer since it covers two spots, and also makes me wonder whose choice till January was. I think Corr’s practice will be the deciding factor here…if Corr’s looking good in practice, Corr and Murray at CB, O’Reilly at LB and McGill at RB seems reasonable enough (I’d play Masson, if healthy, at RB if Corr wasn’t at CB on the same side). If Corr doesn’t look ready for a full 90 yet, I’d see O’Reilly and Murray at CB, McGill or Hannah at LB and Masson at RB.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Carson's out? Then this game better be on. He'd be a Ballon D'or winner if he only ever had to face the Rovers. Turns into a peely-wally Cafu every time. 

I fear the game might be off. I've just passed the ground and it appears that significant sections of the pitch covers have blown away.

Probably just as well since our defence has been decimated³

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

I fear the game might be off. I've just passed the ground and it appears that significant sections of the pitch covers have blown away.

Probably just as well since our defence has been decimated³

Running scared of playing the Rovers. It was probably Big Dunc who removed the covers. Shameful stuff.

This thread seems a bit more tetchy than a normal pre match thread. Perhaps us finally beating ICT after 20 odd years has awoken a minor rivalry :)

On the game itself, I won't be able to make it, which is a shame as the last 3 away days have been fantastic. I'd hoping Murray manages to finds another formation that works with the players we have available and keep up the pressure on United.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I'm not long back from Dornoch and it's been hard frost all day. Bambi on ice stuff and that's with pavements gritted. Spoke to one of two folk on the bus back up and they said it was freezing all the time they were in Inverness.  -5° outside just now here in SE Caithness.

Is there a early pitch inspection scheduled for tomorrow?